500 Madness
  
DiCorse
      
  • Dodge Hits the Mark With the All-new 2013 Dodge Dart Compact Car

    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-p...Dodge_Dart.jpg

    Here is a preview of the upcoming Dodge Dart - courtesy of Chrysler Media...

    Dodge Dart Blends Alfa Romeo DNA and Dodge’s Passion for Performance, Resulting in a Groundbreaking Car with the Ultimate Blend of Power, Fuel Economy, Handling and Style
    • The Dodge brand is back in the U.S. compact sedan segment – in a big way – as the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart will make its world debut at the 2012 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Mich., on Jan. 9, 2012
    • Built on a world-class architecture, Dodge Dart offers three technologically advanced, fuel-efficient and powerful engines, including the 1.4L MultiAir® Turbo
    • Dodge delivers exceptional craftsmanship with class-leading technology and style



    Auburn Hills, Mich. , Dec 6, 2011 - Dodge redefines performance in the compact car segment with an all-new, state-of-the-art four-door sedan delivering class-leading aerodynamics – the 2013 Dodge Dart.

    With Alfa Romeo DNA and Dodge’s passion for performance at its core, the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart is a thoroughly modern vehicle that’s fuel-efficient, beautifully designed and crafted, agile and brings fun back to driving in the segment.

    Similar to the Dodge Dart of the late 1960s, the 2013 Dart offers a special blend of style, performance and innovation. The Dodge brand leveraged its nearly 100-year history of passion for building high-quality, innovative vehicles that stand apart in performance and style, as well as from its partner Fiat’s global compact car expertise, to develop the all-new Dodge Dart.

    ALFA ROMEO DNA
    The all-new Dart is the first Chrysler Group vehicle based upon a Fiat architecture – adapted from the award-winning Alfa Romeo Giulietta. The Giulietta is renowned for satisfying the most demanding customers in terms of road-holding, agility and safety, with exceptional driving dynamics. The Dart leverages all of these attributes within a lengthened and widened platform delivering segment-leading levels of interior roominess.

    The all-new Compact U.S. Wide (CUSW) architecture underpinning the Dart is a state-of-the-art architecture with an industry-leading 68 percent of the body composed of high-strength steel, resulting in a very strong and rigid structure. Combined with responsive steering, four-wheel independent suspension, and available 18-inch wheels, the Dart brings fun back to driving in the compact car segment.

    UNMISTAKABLE STYLE
    The all-new 2013 Dart marks the Dodge brand’s re-entry into the compact sedan segment, hitting the bulls-eye with a modern, unmistakable Dodge design that builds upon its performance heritage while evoking emotion, efficiency and fluidity of movement.

    Eye-catching exterior proportions are set off from every angle by dynamic lines and curves, along with advanced technology, to deliver class-leading aerodynamic performance. The personality-packed front view is instantly recognizable as an all-new Dodge with its tailored split-crosshair grille, projector headlamps and fog lamps and accentuated fenders. Signature Dodge full-width LED ‘racetrack’ tail lamps and class-exclusive integrated dual exhaust – both inspired by Dodge Charger – accentuate the athletic and muscular stance of this dynamic and passionate new design.

    THREE SOPHISTICATED, FUEL-EFFICIENT & POWERFUL ENGINES
    The 2013 Dodge Dart will be powered by three fuel-efficient, powerful, state-of-the-art four-cylinder engines that add to Dart’s fun-to-drive quotient.

    Drivers can select from a new Tigershark 16-valve 2.0-liter engine, a 16-valve 1.4-liter MultiAir Intercooled Turbo engine, and a new Tigershark 16-valve 2.4-liter MultiAir four cylinder engine. These three engines, combined with three transmission choices, combine to redefine performance by providing the most diverse powertrain lineup in its class.

    MultiAir technology delivers optimum combustion at any speed under all driving conditions by allowing direct and dynamic control of air intake and combustion. The result is up to a 15 percent increase in low engine rpm torque, a 7.5 percent improvement in fuel efficiency and a 10 percent reduction in C02 emissions.

    THE ALL-NEW DART – BUILT IN AMERICA
    The all-new Dodge Dart will be made in America at Chrysler Group’s Belvidere Assembly Plant in Belvidere, Ill. The Company is in the process of investing $600 million dollars to support the production of future products, including the 2013 Dodge Dart. The investment includes the construction of a 638,000-square-foot body shop, as well as the installation of new machinery, tooling and material handling equipment. Work on the expansion began in the summer of 2010 and will be completed this year.

    The all-new Dodge Dart has been engineered with great levels of refinement, craftsmanship and engaging driving dynamics. Consumers can follow www.Dodge.com/Dart for additional photos and more information about the all-new 2013 Dodge Dart.

    ==============================================

    You can read more about the C-Evo chassis that underpins the new Dodge Dart here.
    Comments 36 Comments
    1. F500's Avatar
      F500 -
      hey Chris.....you're slippin'! LOL

      posted 12/6/11:

      http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...ghlight=dart1:
    1. F500's Avatar
      F500 -
      sorry, but I don't understand all this "Tigershark" stuff. "Multi-Air" I get......but this isn't a Tiburon, its a Dart. guess I'm just too old to 'get it'. as for the car itself, I'll have to put my opinon of it on hold until I see and drive one myself. pics look cool though.
    1. Fiat500USA's Avatar
      Fiat500USA -
      Quote Originally Posted by F500 View Post
      hey Chris.....you're slippin'! LOL

      posted 12/6/11:

      http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...ghlight=dart1:
      I know, I posted on my site the same day (New Dodge Dart Channels Alfa Romeo DNA)

      I wanted to have the press release here on the forum for reference for everyone.
    1. Fiat500USA's Avatar
      Fiat500USA -
      Quote Originally Posted by F500 View Post
      sorry, but I don't understand all this "Tigershark" stuff. "Multi-Air" I get......but this isn't a Tiburon, its a Dart. guess I'm just too old to 'get it'. as for the car itself, I'll have to put my opinon of it on hold until I see and drive one myself. pics look cool though.
      I was surprised by the Dart and the 'Tiger Shark' name. I am looking forward to driving it. Hope it is a home run for them.
    1. littlejohn's Avatar
      littlejohn -
      2.4 good....
    1. KhalilWilliams's Avatar
      KhalilWilliams -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500USA View Post
      I was surprised by the Dart and the 'Tiger Shark' name. I am looking forward to driving it. Hope it is a home run for them.
      I hope so, too! That car seems mighty promising! Although, I'm not sure if I would really want to just deal with a sedan. Pardon my preference, but hatchbacks are the way to go for me.
    1. Felnus's Avatar
      Felnus -
      Attachment 908

      Pretty sweet! I'm not a sedan guy either but that is a very sharp ride.
    1. Jeepnut's Avatar
      Jeepnut -
      Quote Originally Posted by KhalilWilliams View Post
      I hope so, too! That car seems mighty promising! Although, I'm not sure if I would really want to just deal with a sedan. Pardon my preference, but hatchbacks are the way to go for me.
      Insiders say it's a sedan style hatch so hang tight for the reveal
    1. Jeepnut's Avatar
      Jeepnut -
      Quote Originally Posted by F500 View Post
      sorry, but I don't understand all this "Tigershark" stuff. "Multi-Air" I get......but this isn't a Tiburon, its a Dart. guess I'm just too old to 'get it'. as for the car itself, I'll have to put my opinon of it on hold until I see and drive one myself. pics look cool though.
      Tigershark is the name of the revised WGE family just like the 1.4 is called FIRE
    1. Felnus's Avatar
      Felnus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnut View Post
      Insiders say it's a sedan style hatch so hang tight for the reveal
      Take a look at my post above this one. Its not a render, it is an official Dodge photo. More are available including interior shots and various details inside and out but none show an open hatch, they might be holding that back as a surprise. The under the passenger seat storage is a very nice touch though.

      http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-ga...odge-dart-news
    1. panther76's Avatar
      panther76 -
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrdxD...layer_embedded

      meh. i think that car will have a really tough go against the current competition. an unadjusted mpg of 40, which i think will translate to something in the mid-upper 30's on the sticker.

      corolla will be new in 2013
      current elantra
      focus
      civic (to get an early refresh due to all the criticisms
      cruze

      i think the dodge dart will find itself at the botoom of this food chain.



      ....but its got to be better than the caliber. has to be.
    1. luckymoi's Avatar
      luckymoi -
      For me the Dart is just another car... there are lots of cars using the wedge design paradigm and too much lighting.
      I also don't care for the central touch screen. The two small fords have it and the new G35/37 has it as well as others;. No thanks.
      Lots of people disagree with me... that's fine.
      I've not seen the dash on the mito/giulietta and hope to see Alfa here in my lifetime, lol!
    1. GileraWarren's Avatar
      GileraWarren -
      Quote Originally Posted by panther76 View Post
      [url]

      corolla will be new in 2013
      current elantra
      focus
      civic (to get an early refresh due to all the criticisms
      cruze

      i think the dodge dart will find itself at the botoom of this food chain.
      I think we need to keep this forum on topic which is Fiat 500 because I don't think you can get lower on the food chain than Elantra, Kia , Corolla,
      and I don't think this is the place for that discussion
    1. panther76's Avatar
      panther76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by GileraWarren View Post
      I think we need to keep this forum on topic which is Fiat 500 because I don't think you can get lower on the food chain than Elantra, Kia , Corolla,
      and I don't think this is the place for that discussion
      what are you talking about?

      the TITLE of the thread is Article: Dodge Hits the Mark With the All New Dodge Dart Compact Car

      and when discussing the compact segment, the corolla and civic still own the segment with the focus and elantra being very strong entrants into the segment.

      these are clearly the cars the Dart will compete against.
    1. PFVA63's Avatar
      PFVA63 -
      Hi,

      Surprisingly (or not), it looks like the Chevy Cruze outsold the Honda Civic last year and came fairly close to the Toyota Corolla last year.

      http://blog.iseecars.com/2012/01/07/...-cars-in-2011/

      Regards

      Pat
    1. Fiat500USA's Avatar
      Fiat500USA -
      Quote Originally Posted by GileraWarren View Post
      I think we need to keep this forum on topic which is Fiat 500 because I don't think you can get lower on the food chain than Elantra, Kia , Corolla,
      and I don't think this is the place for that discussion
      While I agree you can't go lower on the food chain than the Elantra, etc., the Blog has always featured all the cars from Fiat SpA and now that Fiat controls Chrysler, don't be surprised that these cars will be discussed here. We may put them in their own forum at some point. After driving some of the new offerings from Chrysler, I was really surprised by some of them (I lean heavily towards European cars).

      By the way, that was a little harsh of me on the Hyundai comment. Those cars cannot be under estimated now. Some of them are impressive.
    1. panther76's Avatar
      panther76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by PFVA63 View Post
      Hi,

      Surprisingly (or not), it looks like the Chevy Cruze outsold the Honda Civic last year and came fairly close to the Toyota Corolla last year.

      http://blog.iseecars.com/2012/01/07/...-cars-in-2011/

      Regards

      Pat
      the tsunami clearly was a main contributing factor.

      as soon as toyota got inventory up it was right back on top. for example, toyota sold almost 5,000 more corollas than chevy sold cruzes in december......and chevy continues to depend more on fleet sales than toyota.(though less than they used to)
    1. panther76's Avatar
      panther76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500USA View Post

      By the way, that was a little harsh of me on the Hyundai comment. Those cars cannot be under estimated now. Some of them are impressive.
      yes it was. i thoroughly shopped all the compacts and subcompacts when i needed to replace my 500. i ended up with the 12 accent (and another hyundai as well), which i chose over the fit, sonic, versa, and others. i think im a pretty smart and objective consumer, and have always been a toyota/honda loyalist.

      still, if fiat gives the 500 that telescoping wheel, i will be back at a studio the next day.
    1. PFVA63's Avatar
      PFVA63 -
      Quote Originally Posted by panther76 View Post
      the tsunami clearly was a main contributing factor.

      as soon as toyota got inventory up it was right back on top. for example, toyota sold almost 5,000 more corollas than chevy sold cruzes in december......and chevy continues to depend more on fleet sales than toyota.(though less than they used to)
      Hi,

      The Tsunami may well be a contributing factor in the lower sales of some Japanese models, but at the same time I'd really suspect that the decline in Civic sales may also be due in part to issues with their new model.

      Just some thoughts

      Pat
    1. panther76's Avatar
      panther76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by PFVA63 View Post
      Hi,

      The Tsunami may well be a contributing factor in the lower sales of some Japanese models, but at the same time I'd really suspect that the decline in Civic sales may also be due in part to issues with their new model.

      Just some thoughts

      Pat
      even with all the flak the new civic has taken, once inventories were up, it ousold the cruze by 4000 units in december.

      people will still buy the corolla and civic in mass as long as they make them simple and reliable.