Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Has anyone attempted to test fit OEM 15" or 16" wheels to the Abarth?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giuseppe
    • Apr 2012

Has anyone attempted to test fit OEM 15" or 16" wheels to the Abarth?

I was thinking about running my Prima or OE 15" wheels on my Abarth for track days. I haven't had time to test fit them yet. Has anyone attempted this? Or does anyone know of a light 15" wheel that will clear the brakes? Appearance is unimportant. I am trying to achieve functionality. And I did search, but all I found were the stance mesh wheels.
    2012 Bianco Abarth
    2012 Rosso Prima #171 (sold)
    2012 Toyota FJ
    2011 Genesis 3.8GT
    2008 Wrangler Unlimited
    2002 Honda VTR1000R RC51
    1991 M3 (four door) 1 of 1
  • shagghie

Originally posted by Giuseppe
    I was thinking about running my Prima or OE 15" wheels on my Abarth for track days. I haven't had time to test fit them yet. Has anyone attempted this? Or does anyone know of a light 15" wheel that will clear the brakes? Appearance is unimportant. I am trying to achieve functionality. And I did search, but all I found were the stance mesh wheels.
    I'm looking at a bunch of different 15x8 wheels... now just looking for a local shop that stocks em so i can try some on.
    The stock 15" imo, aren't wide enuf to gain much advantage.

msr, mrr, advan, or any of the Rays' brands will work in 4x100, too.

a 15x7 in +35mm should be a safe bet

oh and for a cheap, light option, can't go wrong with buddy club wheels!
    sigpic
    RAW Big Turbo, tuned to 250+whp on p93
    LSD, FX400, Okadas, 550cc, ported t-mani
    NightOwl Racing BC Racing with SWIFT Spring Suspension set up
    ATM FMIC, ATM Fenderwell Intake
    VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, hood vents and duct covers
    Advan RSII 17x7.5, rally stud conversion

Comment

• FTY
      Lifetime Member
      Lifetime Member
      • May 2012

The stock 15"s will clear the rear but not the front brakes. Hope this helps- chris

Your better off with a 30 offset in a 15" if looking for something non-stock.
      sigpic
      2012-FIAT ABARTH
      2015-ALFA ROMEO 4C
      2018-ALFA ROMEO GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO
      EUROCOMPULSION STORE
      “THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN.”

Comment

• redred
        • Oct 2012

I know the Stance wheels in 16x8 fit just fine. Not sure about any 15's. I was looking at the Stance Emotion wheels in 15's but they don't clear the front brakes.

Comment

• shagghie

Originally posted by FTY
          The stock 15"s will clear the rear but not the front brakes. Hope this helps- chris

At what wheel widths? Even 8"?
          sigpic

Comment

• jguerdat
            • Jul 2012

What about with spacers or is it the diameter?
            Jeff Guerdat

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
            2016 Cadillac ATS-V 6 speed manual

Comment

• shagghie

Originally posted by jguerdat
              What about with spacers or is it the diameter?
              I measured the distance between the rear torsionbar and the inside of our 17" wheels.
              Looks a tad over 1 1/4".

So a 15" wheel would be an inch closer to that torsion bar mount, leaving only 1/4" clearance, assuming the wheel we pick out is built with exact same proportions as our stock 17" wheels.

Meaning.... we won't know till we try on a set, but at least it isn't an impossible proposition.
              sigpic

Comment

• Giuseppe
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by FTY

Do you think a 30 offset will allow front clearance? I am just trying to get a lower roll center on the track. And honestly, 15" slicks are much cheaper.
                2012 Bianco Abarth
                2012 Rosso Prima #171 (sold)
                2012 Toyota FJ
                2011 Genesis 3.8GT
                2008 Wrangler Unlimited
                2002 Honda VTR1000R RC51
                1991 M3 (four door) 1 of 1

Comment

• shagghie

Do you think a 30 offset will allow front clearance? I am just trying to get a lower roll center on the track. And honestly, 15" slicks are much cheaper.
                  If we can just measure the stock 16" internal break clearance on the front, then we can extrapolate from that to determine what internal diameter specs any aftermarket wheel needs to have. Anyone up for it?
                  sigpic

Comment

• redred
                    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by shagghie
                    If we can just measure the stock 16" internal break clearance on the front, then we can extrapolate from that to determine what internal diameter specs any aftermarket wheel needs to have. Anyone up for it?
                    I have 16's. What info do you need? Happy to pull the wheel off if need be. Just give me a list of dimensions you would like to get

Comment

• BigDaddySRT
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by shagghie
                      I measured the distance between the rear torsionbar and the inside of our 17" wheels.
                      Looks a tad over 1 1/4".

So a 15" wheel would be an inch closer to that torsion bar mount, leaving only 1/4" clearance, assuming the wheel we pick out is built with exact same proportions as our stock 17" wheels.

Meaning.... we won't know till we try on a set, but at least it isn't an impossible proposition.
                      How would that 15" Wheel be "closer" to that torsion bar mount if both the 17" and 15" wheel had the exact same Offset????

Enlighten us?????
                      2023 DODGE Durango R/T - HEMI Orange
                      Pitch Black, 8 Speed ZF, Fully Optioned

"I thought you had a HEMI. Yeah, I had to have a footprint gas pedal installed. So I stole this pile."

2013 500 ABARTH
                      Nero

2014 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 2nd G Street
                      2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,2021 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared
                      2022 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 3rd Place, Extreme Street B (NEON ACR Coupe)

Comment

• shagghie

Originally posted by BigDaddySRT
                        How would that 15" Wheel be "closer" to that torsion bar mount if both the 17" and 15" wheel had the exact same Offset????

Enlighten us?????
                        I don't mean closer from a latitude angle (the Torsion bar mount already sits INSIDE the 17" rim). I mean closer from a longitude axis, as in how close the torsion bar mount that is already sitting inside the wheel is to the inner surface of the wheel (vice the inner edge of the wheel).

I didn't mention offset. I meant 'proportions', meaning, assuming X aftermarket wheel is build with the same inner diameter proportions regarding the space behind the spokes in which the torsion bar mount sits in.
                        sigpic

Comment

• 2Cool
                          • Feb 2013

Only 15" rims I have seen pictures of mounted to an Abarth are the Monza Competiziones in 6.5" width and 15mm offset.
                          Ian - 2013 Grigio Abarth - TRADED
                          New Ride - 2014 Focus ST - Race Red

Comment

• White Abarth
                            Lifetime Member
                            Lifetime Member
                            • Apr 2012

I was thinking about running my Prima or OE 15" wheels on my Abarth for track days. I haven't had time to test fit them yet. Has anyone attempted this?
                            I've tested it. Prima and/or Sport wheels fit the Abarth just fine. They're 16" (Pop and Lounge have 15"), have the exact same offset as the standard Abarth rim, and fit over the brakes and torsion bar without any issues. Prima's tire is even the same size as standard Abarth tire.

Comment

• jguerdat
                              • Jul 2012

It's the 15" that are potentially the most interesting due to available tire sizes. Good to know that the 16s do work, though...
                              Jeff Guerdat

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
                              2016 Cadillac ATS-V 6 speed manual

Comment