Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Wheel thread time...opinions welcome.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seafarer61
    • Mar 2013

I've owned several sets of Rotas....six or seven if memory serves me, and all the sets were trouble free. Not an issue whatsoever and this was during New England operation, where the roads aren't exactly the greatest.

Comment

• nojeebs
      • Apr 2012

RPF1s....do it. If you're going for weight though then I'd say Regamaster EVOs or Spoon SW388 (8.5 pounds in 15x6.5) But they're hard to come by.

htup_0910_06+1997_acura_integra_gsr+desmond_regamaster_evo_wheels.jpg
      LOWER_EDUCATION CO.

Comment

• shagghie

Originally posted by Seafarer61
        I've owned several sets of Rotas....six or seven if memory serves me, and all the sets were trouble free. Not an issue whatsoever and this was during New England operation, where the roads aren't exactly the greatest.
        Exactly.. my Dad and I have been running Rota's on our classic Fiat's for decades...they are well-respected on the show lawn as well as the big track, no issues.

Which indirectly reminds me... I'm seriously thinking about these, but I don't recall the Panasport offset...does anyone else? http://sarasota.craigslist.org/pts/3770279856.html

These would just be for track days with really sticky rubber. I was going to go with a wide 15x8" set-up for max grip, but my driving still has a long way to improve before more grip is ever going to help me actually be a faster driver around the cones...
        sigpic
        RAW Big Turbo, tuned to 250+whp on p93
        LSD, FX400, Okadas, 550cc, ported t-mani
        NightOwl Racing BC Racing with SWIFT Spring Suspension set up
        ATM FMIC, ATM Fenderwell Intake
        VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, hood vents and duct covers
        Advan RSII 17x7.5, rally stud conversion

Comment

• MAZ
          Lifetime Member
          Lifetime Member
          • Jul 2012

^Coming from the VW/Audi world, I LOVE RONALS, and the R10 is the 'holy grail', Nothing says 80's DTM like the R10.

Wheels I want to see on an Abarth:

The Compomotive TH2

Compomotive TH

Team Dynamics Pro Rally
          Last edited by MAZ; 05-15-2013, 09:02 AM.
          Mark it Zero!

Comment

• Abarth Daddy
            • Nov 2014

Has anyone tried to rock these yet? They are mopar, but admittedly one of the most badass wheels I've seen for an Abarth.
            MA2_All_2013_82213128_T000.jpg
            __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
            RRM Lightweight Pulley /Neuf Lowering Springs / RRM "Big Red" Rear AS Bar / RRM Corsa Chassis Bracing Bars

Comment

• hownowcb
              • Jul 2012

The mere fact that they're amongst the 4/8/12/16 spoked wheel options pleases me Abarth Daddy. Personally, I cannot deal visually with wheels that have 3/5/6/7/9/10/11 spokes! They just don't "go with" a four bolt hub, and look hideous to me. So consider mine a vote "yes" for these Mopar wheels! I really like the Momos in Seafarer61's post, but couldn't ever justify 15" wheels on my Abarth! I still own (for no reason whatsoever) a set of 14" Momos from my lone-gone VW GTI Convertible from the 80s. Sigh....I'd hoped to use them for winter tire wheels on my Abarth, but they're only 14", and duh, wouldn't clear the brake calipers. Some day...I swear, I will put VW hubs on my two boat trailers, and USE those gorgeous Momos!
              sigpic

Comment

• Abarth Daddy
                • Nov 2014

Thanks. I get ya... it's about the symmetry expanding out from the bolts. I like it too and why I like this mopar. Also, I think the pic I posted doesn't do the wheel justice. It's a dead on view, and I think that the V's actually punch forward away from the hub for a nice effect, and you can't see that in the pic.

I too would like to see more 4-8 spoke designs, although I'm admittedly a longtime fan of the classic Volk TE37 6-spoke design which I'd love to see for the 500. At least 6 is an even number and wouldn't look so odd on 4 bolts.

Personally, I'm a bit frustrated with the lack of wheel options for us compared to 4x100 and 5x114.3 pcd owners. I know that it's about the $ and there just aren't enough 500 enthusiasts to attract the mfrs to give us more options. Given what's out there, it may be awhile before I find a wheel I really want. GL with finding a home for your momos!

Originally posted by hownowcb
                The mere fact that they're amongst the 4/8/12/16 spoked wheel options pleases me Abarth Daddy. Personally, I cannot deal visually with wheels that have 3/5/6/7/9/10/11 spokes! They just don't "go with" a four bolt hub, and look hideous to me. So consider mine a vote "yes" for these Mopar wheels! I really like the Momos in Seafarer61's post, but couldn't ever justify 15" wheels on my Abarth! I still own (for no reason whatsoever) a set of 14" Momos from my lone-gone VW GTI Convertible from the 80s. Sigh....I'd hoped to use them for winter tire wheels on my Abarth, but they're only 14", and duh, wouldn't clear the brake calipers. Some day...I swear, I will put VW hubs on my two boat trailers, and USE those gorgeous Momos!
                __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
                RRM Lightweight Pulley /Neuf Lowering Springs / RRM "Big Red" Rear AS Bar / RRM Corsa Chassis Bracing Bars

Comment

• shagghie

just had a kid and need to sell my 4x98 AG F140's...

sigpic

Comment

• Abarth Daddy
                    • Nov 2014

Congrats on the baby! If they were red anodized, I'd be all over them. Just for grins... what are the specs?

Comment

• shagghie

Originally posted by Abarth Daddy
                      Congrats on the baby! If they were red anodized, I'd be all over them. Just for grins... what are the specs?
                      You can get them refinished, too.
                      f 17x8.5
                      R 17x9
                      4x98
                      Custom offsets for perfect fitment.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Horizontally-Opposed
                        • May 2014

Those Mopar wheels are just plain stunning.

Comment

• Abarth Daddy
                          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by hownowcb
                          hownowcb - I think these are what you were gettin' at. Why can't AF mfrs bring these back to fit the new 500s? These would kick ass in a 15 or 16" diameter.

Comment

• hownowcb
                            • Jul 2012

Sorry to spot this so much later, Abarth Daddy, but these are exactly what I'd have chosen if they were available here in 16" or 17" They're gorgeous, and speak so directly to purist/traditionalist taste. I'd initially considered seeking old Cromodora wheels in local junkyards for my winter tires, but quickly realized they'd only be available in 15", and in the wrong offsets -- strictly for rear-wheel-drive Italian cars of the past. When folks started having issues with some 15" wheels not clearing Abarth brake calipers, I just gave up on that quest. I like the winter wheels I ended up with, but these would have been wonderful summer wheels. Thanks for finding them!
                            2.jpg
                            sigpic

Comment