403 Forbidden


openresty
izmir escort antalya escort izmir escort porno porno izle bursa escort escort mobil porno havalandirma sistemleri takipçi satın alma instagram beğeni hilesi instagram takipçi hilesi saha betonu izmir escort eskişehir escort bayan Possible to remove the annoying start up beep?
500 Madness
   
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Possible to remove the annoying start up beep?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Possible to remove the annoying start up beep?

    Hey guys,

    I love our 2013 Abarth, but the one thing that really bugs me is the annoying long beep noise that happens when you turn the key and start the car.

    I generally start the car, then fasten my seatbelt, is the only fix to this fastening the seatbelt then inserting the key and starting the car?


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    348
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts
    there are a couple options for buzzer and beep settings in the evic, but i'm not sure if anything stops the initial startup chime. please try and report back!

  3. #3
    Senior Member 2Cool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 133 Times in 84 Posts
    Plug in your seatbelt before turning the key.

    Or have a dealer disable the warning, if they will agree to do so.
    Ian - 2013 Grigio Abarth - TRADED
    New Ride - 2014 Focus ST - Race Red

  4. #4
    Lifetime Member Lifetime Member SeaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL USA
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    963
    Thanked 439 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Cool View Post
    Plug in your seatbelt before turning the key.

    Or have a dealer disable the warning, if they will agree to do so.
    I don't believe THAT warning can be disabled. ONLY the REALLY annoying one that starts up when you attempt to drive off with your belt unbuckled can be disabled by the dealer/studio.
    Max
    FIAT Number 1:
    2012 Rosso Sport - 5M
    FIAT Number 2:
    2013 Grigio Abarth - 5M
    FIAT Number 3:
    2013 Bianco Perla Pop - 6A
    FIAT Number 4:
    2016 Verde Chiaro Sport (Automatic)
    Avorio Interior
    Automatic Temperature Control A/C
    UConnect Touch Screen with AM/FM/Sirius Radio

    2019 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring

  5. #5
    Lifetime Member Lifetime Member SeaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL USA
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    963
    Thanked 439 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToucanLife View Post
    Hey guys,

    I love our 2013 Abarth, but the one thing that really bugs me is the annoying long beep noise that happens when you turn the key and start the car.

    I generally start the car, then fasten my seatbelt, is the only fix to this fastening the seatbelt then inserting the key and starting the car?

    You CORRECTLY answered your own question. Sorry it appears that isn't the one you wanted to hear.

    I find the seatbelt is such a pain to get hold of once the door is closed, I get hold of it before I even close the driver's door, put belt on, close the door, then insert key and start car (even in my garage).
    Max
    FIAT Number 1:
    2012 Rosso Sport - 5M
    FIAT Number 2:
    2013 Grigio Abarth - 5M
    FIAT Number 3:
    2013 Bianco Perla Pop - 6A
    FIAT Number 4:
    2016 Verde Chiaro Sport (Automatic)
    Avorio Interior
    Automatic Temperature Control A/C
    UConnect Touch Screen with AM/FM/Sirius Radio

    2019 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Tweak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,512 Times in 2,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Cool View Post
    Plug in your seatbelt before turning the key.

    Or have a dealer disable the warning, if they will agree to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I don't believe THAT warning can be disabled. ONLY the REALLY annoying one that starts up when you attempt to drive off with your belt unbuckled can be disabled by the dealer/studio.
    100% correct, only thing is to turn the sound down and have the dealer disable the chime so if you neglect to buckle before cranking and proceed to move you don't get the long and horrible chime. The intial sound will always be there. I had both my Sport and my Abarth fixed by the dealer to not buzz so if I want to move from the mailbox without the belt I can without having my ears bleed.

  7. #7
    Robert Nixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Great Neck, NY
    Posts
    5,373
    Thanks
    1,453
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,166 Posts
    As stated, put the belt on first, no big deal.

    Of course the other option is to never turn the engine off and never unplug the seatbelt too.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    I agree about seat belt "not on" noises being a bit of an annoyance and from previous vehicles being used to having the freedom to engage it at my leisure without being audibly hassled. It's like: I know I need to put my seat belt on before I enter a roadway for safety purposes....I don't need the car to remind me that I have not done so.

    I can live with it but it's going to get some time getting used to. I still engage ignition without buckling and get the horrible reminder. Also a fan of disabling my seatbelt prior to parking so that noise is not appreciated either. Oh well.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Tweak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,512 Times in 2,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanh8791 View Post
    I agree about seat belt "not on" noises being a bit of an annoyance and from previous vehicles being used to having the freedom to engage it at my leisure without being audibly hassled. It's like: I know I need to put my seat belt on before I enter a roadway for safety purposes....I don't need the car to remind me that I have not done so.

    I can live with it but it's going to get some time getting used to. I still engage ignition without buckling and get the horrible reminder. Also a fan of disabling my seatbelt prior to parking so that noise is not appreciated either. Oh well.
    Such a quick and easy fix if your dealer is like mine and will do it (for free) for many that have requested it without a problem.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    yah but that first chime when you turn the ignition ON, without seat belt buckled, is the worst. Having to get up for work early is bad enough....last thing I need is that noise!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DIY: Annoying Third Brakelight Flasher Removal
    By 500 in forum Fiat 500 DIY
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 01:28 PM
  2. How to remove Buffer Marks
    By Berliner in forum Detailers Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM
  3. Want No Beep? - Just do two quick clicks on the key fob
    By rtwolfe in forum Fiat 500 General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 08:14 PM
  4. Lock Doors - No Beep - This seems to work
    By rtwolfe in forum Fiat 500 General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 10:23 PM
  5. Alarm set /horn beep
    By Thad in forum Fiat 500 General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •