Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

New Rotors/Pads needed, any recommendations?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pk9394
    • Jan 2013

what about R1 concept Premium series, i have that in my list once my rotor needs to be replace. anyone have that on?
    Shop R1 Concepts performance brake parts, brake pads, rotors, kits and more. R1 Concepts is the leading manufacturer of braking systems for all vehicles

Comment

• djhace
      • Aug 2012

the only one i know who changed the rotors, has tar•ox rotors. and really likes them. with RRM pads.

Comment

• DarthBrodius
        • Oct 2018

Hey so My brakes started to squeak quite a bit and I really want to upgrade to pads and rotors that don't put out as much brake dust. I found some options in this thread, but most of the links are dead. Id appreciate any help!

Comment

• Sandorf
          • Mar 2019

How did your decision go? I’m in the market as well so far red stuff and ebc seems most ideal for mild aggressive driving, my concern is winter climate on these types of material, mostly looking for a different dust than stock so should be okay might try to turning rotors and changing pads or keeping original rotors in a box

Comment

• Saponetta
            Lifetime Member
            Lifetime Member
            • Sep 2018

I've used ebc pads on all cars for a lot of years. Yellows are great for track but still quiet and work when cold on street. But they put off a lot of dust. Reds put off almost no dust, but squeal really bad when its damp out. Either one works great. Abarth doesnt really need more brakes than it has on the track. Just good pads and hi temp fluid. Blues are getting a little extreme for street. You can really feel them heat up and start biting. But you cant counting them to really be there if they arent hot. They arent real bad on dust. Yellows are probably the best pad on the market I think for dual use, but they are crazy for brake dust. If you just drive on the street only, the cheap stoptechs or ebc red are best great and almost no dust.
            Last edited by Saponetta; 05-10-2019, 08:56 PM.
            2013 abarth
            Spec 2+ clutch
            Working on new divided turbo setup
            Homebrew fmic w/ corsa forza hoses
            Stock Downpipe with cat and 2.25discharge
            Coils
            Homemade cowl intake
            ECB yellows/stop tech fluid
            Koni/vogtland
            Braces and strut mounts
            Corsa forza vento
            E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned
            cowl intake, custom fmic and bypass valve, vogtlands, rear vette bilstiens, long 3 inch downpipe to stock rear section.

Comment

• Saponetta
              Lifetime Member
              Lifetime Member
              • Sep 2018

The yellows are so bad for dust with my white wheels, I've been swapping them for track days and running stoptechs for daily driving. Front only. I leave yellows on rear. I havemt ran blues or reds on abarth, but have on other cars. Ebc makes.best pads in my opinion.
              Last edited by Saponetta; 05-10-2019, 09:02 PM.
              2013 abarth
              Spec 2+ clutch
              Coils
              Homemade cowl intake
              Koni/vogtland
              Braces and strut mounts
              Corsa forza vento
              E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned
              cowl intake, custom fmic and bypass valve, vogtlands, rear vette bilstiens, long 3 inch downpipe to stock rear section.

Comment

• Hermiabarth
                Lifetime Member
                Lifetime Member
                • Jan 2019

I've had great performance in street/autocross on my C4 and C5 Corvettes with EBC slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads. They are dusty, probably similar to yellowstuff - I think that's the price you pay for superior brake performance - never been a fan of low dust ceramic pads. Just clean your wheels! I like to put a coat of Zaino on my wheels so the dust doesn't stick and you can clean them easily. Now Hawk has HPS+ lower dust pads. I may try them on the Abarth.
                2016 Abarth Rosso: auto, sunroof, nero leather, electronic climate control, no Beats, ATM fmic, DNA chassis braces, Prometeo skid plate, 25mm tubular rear torsion bar, wheel stud conversion, E.C. V. 3 intake, GFB+ diverter valve, Gruvenparts billet oil filter canister, Euro 4th gen halo tail lights, LED headlights, fog lights, Kenwood Excelon DDX 9906 head unit, Neuspeed SS brake-lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, 50th Anniversary Abarth wheels, 205/40/17 Michelin Pilot AS4 tires.

Comment

• All Bark
                  • Sep 2018

Another positive review for ebc slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
                  Attached Files
                  2015 Abarth (auto) moonroof, leather, Beats, forged 17s
                  Blackout oem headlight, taillight & turn signal package
                  595 grey badges, door handles, carbon fiber door sills
                  Neu-F springs, 28mm torsion bar, Koni yellows (rear)
                  Neuspeed 2.5 inch full catback exhaust
                  EBC slotted rotors & redstuff pads
                  Chrome scorpion gas door
                  Shrader rear seat delete
                  EC 4.1 version intake
                  EC FMIC and piping
                  EC 695 & phase 2
                  Sila turbo blanket
                  Defi boost gauge
                  Black roof wrap
                  HID headlights
                  GFB DV+
                  4C coils
                  Tinted

Comment

• Saponetta
                    Lifetime Member
                    Lifetime Member
                    • Sep 2018

I'm gonna try that Zaino thing. I dont rrally hand wash my abarth. I have a monthly car wash pass and just run mbv it thru the wash every few days. So brake dust is annoying. I keep wheel cleaner in the back and soak them before I go thru, but they dont always look perfect after the auto wash. Gonna try the Zaino thing and see if it allows the auto wash to keep them clean with the yellows.
                    2013 abarth
                    Spec 2+ clutch
                    Coils
                    Homemade cowl intake
                    Koni/vogtland
                    Braces and strut mounts
                    Corsa forza vento
                    E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned

Comment

• Sandorf
                      • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Saponetta
                      I'm gonna try that Zaino thing. I dont rrally hand wash my abarth. I have a monthly car wash pass and just run mbv it thru the wash every few days. So brake dust is annoying. I keep wheel cleaner in the back and soak them before I go thru, but they dont always look perfect after the auto wash. Gonna try the Zaino thing and see if it allows the auto wash to keep them clean with the yellows.
                      Yah I’m used to dust too and have learned to live with it, just called dealer to see, they wants $250 cad for a pair of pads, luckily a close family friend mechanic gets wholesale price s and quoted 70 for oem so now it’s either red stuff pads and ebc rotors or just pads on original rotors, really wanting to to try redstuffs so I might buy them anyway with rotors for 220 cad

Comment

• hawk02
                        • Sep 2018

Doing Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors with Brembo sport pads in a week or so. $225 for everything

Comment

• 126pwannabe
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by hawk02
                          Doing Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors with Brembo sport pads in a week or so. $225 for everything
                          whats the source for that? Thanks!

Comment

• hawk02
                            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Peterszew
                            whats the source for that? Thanks!
                            Ebay and Robert Zecca

Comment

• lammie200

Does anyone have any more recommendations? I will need to do my pads and rotors in the next 3k miles. Some specific questions:

1. Drilled or slotted, or both drilled and slotted rotors? Which brand? I don't need the cheapest, but nothing outrageous. I would like something better than stock if it makes a difference.

2. Which pads? I would like low dust and better than stock.

3. Do all the aftermarket pads come with the brake switch wire? Most of the pics I see don't show it. Is it easy to take it off the stock pad and put it on the new one that needs it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
                              2017 Abarth Grigio Cenre SR | OEM Leather | OEM 17s | Max Flo Wrapped CAI | E+D Tune P1 | TMC Autoflash | 4C CPs | MPx AB Exhaust | RRM Turbo Blanket | Forge RBOV DV & WGA | ATM FMIC | PCV Catch Can | 5mm/16mm Spacers | Neu-F Rear Bar | DNA Lower & Side Braces & Camber Plates | 4 Konis | 4 Springs | GP End Links | MPx MC Bracket | Power Stop Z23 Pads & Rotors | 2" Steering Wheel Spacer

2013 Sport Argento SR - SOLD - | Many Mods

Comment

• smark
                                • Apr 2014

^^^^^^I would just get ceramic pads. Very low dust. EBC has a whole line up pads. I’d look at the EBC, reds ones. Are you doing any track driving? If not the stock Mopar pads are just fine, with stock rotors. Isn’t your car, a non turbo 500. Drilled, slotted rotors would be a over kill. Check out Rock Auto, they carry a wide selection of brake pads too.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.
                                Last edited by smark; 09-21-2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment