Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

I've been eyeing the t4 from 500madness except for three issues 1- I can't find anyone anywhere that has it to review 2- they don't give enough technical...

New Rotors/Pads needed, any recommendations?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FTY
    Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Abarth Five O
    Planning to upgrade my brakes with R/R pads, SS lines, and Tarox front and rear rotors as tested and proven by R/R without breaking the bank.
    This is your best bet...without going Wilwood. Thats a great setup.
    sigpic
    2012-FIAT ABARTH
    2015-ALFA ROMEO 4C
    2018-ALFA ROMEO GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO
    EUROCOMPULSION STORE
    “THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN.”

Comment

• Jun 2011

I'm not wanting to get the disc refaced so it's getting replaced. I'm happy with the brakes as they are on the Abarth so I don't see upgraded lines and calipers as worth the expense on a road car. The Tarox do seem the best available option for the car and the price isn't too bad. I emailled EBC to see if they have anything coming our way but right now the Tarox stuff is leading the way.

Comment

• deathshead
        • Jan 2012

how bad do the Tarox pads dust?

Comment

• redred
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by deathshead
          how bad do the Tarox pads dust?
          Can't speak to the Tarox pads myself. I went with their rotors, but with Road Race's brake pads. They have been pretty great so far.

Comment

• mkawa
            Banned
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by fidgell
            I'm not wanting to get the disc refaced so it's getting replaced. I'm happy with the brakes as they are on the Abarth so I don't see upgraded lines and calipers as worth the expense on a road car. The Tarox do seem the best available option for the car and the price isn't too bad. I emailled EBC to see if they have anything coming our way but right now the Tarox stuff is leading the way.
            if the tarox are cheaper and lighter than OEM, i don't see why not. i would say calipers are definitely not necessary on our cars, and the oem discs or brembo floating blanks (if/when they come out..) would be ideal. if you track your car regularly, you will need track pads and fluid and to know what you are doing, but you should be fine given that. if you don't track your car, there is plenty of stopping power available from the OEM brake system. SS brake lines I might sneak in next time I change the fluid, but I can wait until stoptech releases their lines.

also, i don't think i need to tell you that steel brake lines from the factory would be a disaster in a cheap road car. in fact, we moved from hard lines to rubber lines specifically for safety reasons. brake fluid is hydrophilic and worse, brake lines are exposed to tons of environmental corrosives. ultra-stable rubber compounds, modern DOT brake fluid grades, etc. save lives.
            Last edited by mkawa; 04-22-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Jun 2011

EBC will have their rotors available within the next four weeks. Ive used their stuff several times and really like them and prices are always good. Part numbers will be

Front- D1618, UPR414
              Rear- D1569, UPR414

Comment

• Mr. Man
                • Sep 2012

Good to know. I always hear good things about EBC
                Bianco 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
                Humming along at 150,XXX miles

Comment

• Corrnaus
                  • Apr 2012

EBC will have their rotors available within the next four weeks. Ive used their stuff several times and really like them and prices are always good. Part numbers will be

Front- D1618, UPR414
                  Rear- D1569, UPR414
                  Will you be getting these directly from EBC? i see on their website their are a few places in the GTA that carry EBC rotors and pads
                  Bianco Abarth, 17' hyper black wheels, red stripe & mirror cap, Fully loaded... UPDATE: 20 long weeks and FINALLY IN MY DRIVEWAY !!

Comment

• ENZOSON
                    • May 2012

Any one tried these?

Pietro

Comment

• Jun 2011

Originally posted by Corrnaus
                      Will you be getting these directly from EBC? i see on their website their are a few places in the GTA that carry EBC rotors and pads
                      I get them from First Force as its right next to the airport where I work. Ive had them on last four cars and currently on our minivan. Pity the weight means shipping is so high so have to get them locally. The guy orders them, takes about a week then I swing by and pick them up and pay.

Comment

• Corrnaus
                        • Apr 2012

I get them from First Force as its right next to the airport where I work. Ive had them on last four cars and currently on our minivan. Pity the weight means shipping is so high so have to get them locally. The guy orders them, takes about a week then I swing by and pick them up and pay.
                        Nice that is the place I saw on the EBC website. Ill have to keep that in mind when its time for my brakes to be changed
                        Bianco Abarth, 17' hyper black wheels, red stripe & mirror cap, Fully loaded... UPDATE: 20 long weeks and FINALLY IN MY DRIVEWAY !!

Comment

• shagghie

ロータス車・アバルト車のオリジナルチューニングパーツやアフターパーツを販売・開発しています。カーセッティングを含め、お客様の走りをトータルプロデュースする、スクーデリアデスティーノパーツ部門。カーチューンナップの他、走行会などのイベントを企画・開催しています。
                          sigpic
                          RAW Big Turbo, tuned to 250+whp on p93
                          LSD, FX400, Okadas, 550cc, ported t-mani
                          NightOwl Racing BC Racing with SWIFT Spring Suspension set up
                          ATM FMIC, ATM Fenderwell Intake
                          VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, hood vents and duct covers
                          Advan RSII 17x7.5, rally stud conversion

Comment

• djhace
                            • Aug 2012

i am thinking tarox "corsa" or brembo pads for front. (something better then stock would be great, but i don't need racing pad).

Comment

• Yorkman1
                              • Sep 2013

This isn't comparing apples to apples but I have EBC's on my s2000 and after 40k of hard miles they are still great. Rotors and green stuff pads. I will def be adding these to the abarth
                              2013 Bianco Abarth
                              Tork R&D Test Project.
                              Tork Tune, Tork TB, Tork DP / Mid Pipe, Tork Intake, Tork Boost Leak Fix, ATM FMIC, Tork 4 Puck Clutch (235WHP/ 242 Ft/Lbs) + a few
                              Rally Armor Mudflaps, NEU-F Short Shift Adapter, Focal Speakers front/rear, Quinn Q8 Sub, Alpine M500

2014 500L Trekking, Nero,
                              6 Spd, Sunroof, Popular Equipment, Beats. Muffler delete. Tork tune.

Comment

• shagghie

Ferodo pads all the way....
                                sigpic
                                RAW Big Turbo, tuned to 250+whp on p93
                                LSD, FX400, Okadas, 550cc, ported t-mani
                                NightOwl Racing BC Racing with SWIFT Spring Suspension set up
                                ATM FMIC, ATM Fenderwell Intake
                                VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, hood vents and duct covers
                                Advan RSII 17x7.5, rally stud conversion

Comment