500 Madness

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CEL: Check Engine Light Codes and Info

Thanks
    Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,975 Posts

Exclamation CEL: Check Engine Light Codes and Info

Lately it has been fairly common to see some CEL codes due to some mods and it was suggested (thanks VTEC Mini) we have a stickied thread for them, now we do!

Thanks
    Looks Like I will start this off. I had a mystery CEL of PICEA- 00 Boost side evap purge system performance and BI0AA- 4A Check configuration Fail. None of the techs knows what this is. They called Fiat engineering and supposedly they are working on a new flash to fix the problem (Hold on to your butt's those with MM modules). I have talked to Fiat head quarters in MI about this issue and they don't even know when this re-flash will be available. They did clear it and so far everything has been fine. This happened at 2800Miles and now I am up to 5600. I have no mods at all either.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 772 Posts
    So far I've had:
    P0105 (Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit
    Cause: Defective first batch of MPx TB's
    Resolution: Replaced with new part from Modern Performance

P2172 (Throttle Actuator Control System - Sudden High Flow Air Detected)
    Cause: Defective first batch of MPx TB's
    Resolution: Replaced with new part from Modern Performance

P1CEA (Dashcommand did not know the name of this one)
    Cause: Combination of Check Valve (Free Horsepower) mod and Sprint Booster Pedal (race position) at steady throttle freeway speeds only
    Resolution: Removed Sprint Booster from equation. (will wait for full ECU tune)

UPDATE 1: Threw P1CEA this morning on freeway. Car at operating temps, 60 degrees F outside, was holding a steady 80mph after getting up to speed from the on-ramp. 10 seconds into that held speed, the code threw. This is withOUT the SpringBooster installed, running on factory ECU still. Wondering if the valve part TrevC and I choose is too robust of an internal diaphragm?

Mods are in my sig.
    Last edited by shagghie; 04-19-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=509&dateline=14328366  62
    RAW Big Turbo, tuned to 250+whp on p93
    LSD, FX400, Okadas, 550cc, ported t-mani
    NightOwl Racing BC Racing with SWIFT Spring Suspension set up
    ATM FMIC, ATM Fenderwell Intake
    VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, hood vents and duct covers
    Advan RSII 17x7.5, rally stud conversion

Thanks
    Ugh, just threw a code doing 70 mph on the interstate. I'll check what it is when I get home. Only mod is the boost leak check valve.

Thanks
    Yep, P1CEA. I cleared it via the OBD port. Hasn't come back on yet....knock on wood..............

Thanks
    Here's what I've had thus far:

Boost side evap purge sytem and check config failed. They said it was most likely due to the mm chip and power pedal that's installed on the car. They said another customer had this similar problem, came in and had this cleared and hasn't had this occur again. Anyone else get these two codes?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorponix View Post
    Here's what I've had thus far:

Boost side evap purge sytem and check config failed. They said it was most likely due to the mm chip and power pedal that's installed on the car. They said another customer had this similar problem, came in and had this cleared and hasn't had this occur again. Anyone else get these two codes?
    Yes I had those and I have no mods so your mods have nothing to do with it. Supposedly Fiat is working on it. Mine has not come back after over 3000 miles.

Thanks
    P2175 believe its the opposite of P2172...not good.

Thanks
    i had a p0325 knock sensor circuit in my dart. no one on the dart forum is reporting it. so i was wondering if chris can get me the specific set conditions. there are several other knock sensor codes and this one doesn't actually appear to indicate a problem with the circuit since there are specific codes for high input, low input and intermittent. i'm just not sure if i need to take it to the dealer or just run different gas for the summer. it would be nice to know the specifics of the set conditions though.
    Last edited by dart1.4t; 07-05-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dart1.4t View Post
    i had a p0325 knock sensor circuit in my dart. no one on the dart forum is reporting it. so i was wondering if chris can get me the specific set conditions. there are several other knock sensor codes and this one doesn't actually appear to indicate a problem with the circuit since there are specific codes for high input, low input and intermittent. i'm just not sure if i need to take it to the dealer or just run different gas for the summer. it would be nice to know the specifics of the set conditions though.
    Here is some info:

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM)/Diagnosis and
    Testing

P0325-KNOCK SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT

Theory of Operation

Knock is the spontaneous auto-ignition of the remaining fuel/air mixture in
    the engine combustion chamber that occurs after normal combustion has started.
    It can occur under extreme vehicle operating conditions such as high engine
    temperature, high MAP, low humidity and heavy loads to the engine. Knock is
    caused by excessive spark advance for the given engine operating conditions.
    Severe, continuous knock may be caused by carbon deposits, bad gasoline and/or
    low octane fuel. Avoiding light audible knock is important for customer
    satisfaction while preventing excessive knock is important to protect engine
    components. The output voltage from the knock circuit represents the strength of
    the engine knock and is read by the engine controller. The knock system output
    voltage is not zero due to engine background noise, even when knock is not
    present. When the engine is operated under high load conditions where knock is
    possible, the knock voltage is tested to decide if it exceeds the knock voltage
    threshold. Knock has occurred when the knock voltage is at or above this knock
    threshold. When knock is detected a calibrated short term knock spark retard to
    be subtracted from the spark advance is calculated. The amount of retarded spark
    advance is based off a calibrated severity of the knock event. This retarded
    spark advance is used in the next ignition event to prevent further knock
    events. If knock continues, an additional amount of short term spark advance
    retard is added. When knock stops, short term knock spark retard is eliminated,
    the long term knock spark retard is reduced by a calibrated amount to recover
    some previously retarded spark advance. This decreases spark retard to improve
    engine performance.

• When Monitored:
      This monitor runs above 2000 RPM, under open throttle conditions. The Knock
      diagnostic does not run at idle or during decelerations. The high voltage test
      runs all the times the engine is running.
    • Set Conditions:
      The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the Knock Sensor input
      voltage is: Above 4.0 Volts, less than or equal to 1.0 Volt with engine RPM at
      or above 2200 or equal to 0.0 Volts with engine RPM below 2200. Two Trip Fault.
      Three good trips to turn off the MIL.

Possible Causes
    KNOCK SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
    KNOCK SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN
    KNOCK SENSOR RETURN CIRCUIT OPEN
    KNOCK SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE KNOCK SENSOR
    RETURN CIRCUIT
    KNOCK SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
    KNOCK SENSOR
    POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

ScorpionSkins.com (07-09-2014)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast