Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Here are some steps. Please follow them.
  1. Click on "User Settings" (located under your username at the top right).
  2. Select "Account."
  3. Go

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having an issue. An "ungodly" sound isn't too descriptive. What does it sound like? When does...

Valve length question

Hello,

2013 Abarth in Canada.

I had the typical burnt exhaust valve issue. I decided not to go with the OEM ones since first...

I am going to assume you mean Gen 1 because of cost.

Most Mechanical issues were corrected by 2017. If you do buy a 2016 make sure the motor...

What common issues should I look for in a 500x?

I'm looking at different cars and the 500x has crossed my mind. I'm wondering what issues I should look for because as a Fiat fan and someone needing...

Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier with bike attachment for sale

I have a like new Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier bars with a bicycle attachment. I bought it from Micks Garage in England - https://www.micksgara...

Automatic transmission? If that's an automatic it could be as simple as the battery being defective (or not fully charged).

I would start...

Yeah, Ford has a history of "minimal design". They want to save money and keep weight down so they design for using the least material. My neighbor's...

Help us raise funds to support Melanoma Canada.
Help us achieve our goal of raising $150,000 to help support the melanoma and skin cancer com

that's a funny. One of the very few issues I had with my brand new fuel injected YUGO was the PCV hose used to freeze up in freezing weather and oil would...

We had a great time. Thanks to everyone that helped put the event together!

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth - Starts, But Not Moving

Hi all! I've got a 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth that has been sitting for almost 6 months. I have not used it in the winter since it's not a great vehicle where...

^^^ This ^^^ its one weak design point. I had the 225 slant six in my Dodge Coronet. Great engine but mine had a habit of blowing oil out of the breather...

Abarth 4C!

This is interesting. They're taking existing 4Cs and reinventing them as Abarths

https://www.motor1.com/news/716049/alfa-romeo-4c-return...

pin which locks the charging door is broken.

Hi
In my 500Ee the pin which locks the charging door is broken.
Any idea where I can get a replacement?

THX...

I didn't actually take the drain plug off. I sucked the oil out of it as the plug was not coming off and If you see the location, you'll...

lol Great vid. Originally I heard they might allow owners to customize the slow speed audio byte. I assume the killjoys at NAFTA nixed that for the US...

That's an interesting case on your 124. Can you get to the vent and run a wire down it? In the old days I'd see grease and, sometimes, diff oil break...

Dyno data

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoadRace
    • Nov 2012

TMC D.P.s do not have cats. They are wide open. Point of posting this was that people kept asking for it. Anything can be fudged for sure. We do not get anything out of this. We make more on an MM box that our own box. This is just the sheet people asked for so again do what you want but do not kill the messenger lets say. I think if someone wants an bit of explanation, I will say that our car behaved inconsistently on setting 2. Sometimes the car was fast and other times it was not. On the dyno we could see what happens. AFRs go quite lean and boost cuts out a lot on 2. On 1 this does not seem to happen really. That is a translation for guys that do not quite understand what they are seeing.
    ROAD RACE MOTORSPORTS
    30 years of Racing and Winning

sigpic

Comment

• BigDaddySRT
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by RoadRace
      ...That is a translation for guys that do not quite understand what they are seeing.

8 Different Color Lines on Both Graphs:
      Cyan
      Dark Blue
      Dark Blue (Thick)
      Light Green
      Orange
      Red
      Red (Thick)
      Magenta

What Engine/Mileage/Octane Fuel/Timing/Tuning/ Programming/ Piggyback/ Modifications do those Lines Represent??????

How hard is to answer that?
      2023 DODGE Durango R/T - HEMI Orange
      Pitch Black, 8 Speed ZF, Fully Optioned

"I thought you had a HEMI. Yeah, I had to have a footprint gas pedal installed. So I stole this pile."

2013 500 ABARTH
      Nero

2014 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 2nd G Street
      2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,2021 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared
      2022 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 3rd Place, Extreme Street B (NEON ACR Coupe)

Comment

• cerebrix
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BigDaddySRT

8 Different Color Lines on Both Graphs:
        Cyan
        Dark Blue
        Dark Blue (Thick)
        Light Green
        Orange
        Red
        Red (Thick)
        Magenta

What Engine/Mileage/Octane Fuel/Timing/Tuning/ Programming/ Piggyback/ Modifications do those Lines Represent??????

wait, you dont know what each colored line means?

dude....

each one is 1 dyno pull.....

that means this chart, shows 8 dyno pulls....

Last edited by cerebrix; 02-12-2013, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• BigDaddySRT
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by cerebrix
          wait, you dont know what each colored line means?

dude....

each one is 1 dyno pull.....

that means this chart, shows 8 dyno pulls....

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/index.php...o-chart-part-1
          Ummmmm.... Yeah...

"What Engine/Mileage/Octane Fuel/Timing/Tuning/ Programming/ Piggyback/ Modifications do those Lines Represent??????"
          2023 DODGE Durango R/T - HEMI Orange
          Pitch Black, 8 Speed ZF, Fully Optioned

"I thought you had a HEMI. Yeah, I had to have a footprint gas pedal installed. So I stole this pile."

2013 500 ABARTH
          Nero

2014 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 2nd G Street
          2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,2021 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared
          2022 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 3rd Place, Extreme Street B (NEON ACR Coupe)

Comment

• RoadRace
            • Nov 2012

Here is the boost curve with setting 2 on MM. It is the Turquoise curve. Other curves are where we played with different ways of controlling boost. In fact we took boost levels as high as 30+ psi using other methods.

boost testingMM02 bppst by ROCKHARD37, on Flickr

REFERENCE TO QUESTION ABOUT AFR GRAPH. I will try to remember but everything is recorded in a sense in the document, i.e. 2,1,0,0,1,2 setting for curves. I will do my best to remember. Understand, this is just a sample. We did close to 100 pulls on the dyno and we did it right!
            We have been in the business of tuning for a living. Mike W, is quite famous and he did most all of the work to be as correct and scientific as anyone could be while working on this. No one was working to show anything negative. Nothing was set up to be like that. We were trying to make more and more power and working on this with only positive results in mind. If something negative came up, we were as surprised as anyone. So please do not approach this as a rookie tuner did this work or dynos. Do not compare us with people that may have some experience. This is not the case here. We have 1000s of hours at doing this. THis dyno and our staff is hired by Mitsubishi Motors of N.A., American Suzuki and other O.E.s to validate data for use in published works and for highly sensitive projects etc... So do not insult people (RRM and RRE) that do this work 6 days a week for 15+ years. Our reputation is impeccable in the Automotive Industry. So when "TWINKIE 23" or whoever online can present their resume to compare then we will talk further. If what you see bothers you then so be it, if it does not then that is fine too. This dyno and its operators are certified by many entities that have far greater people to answer to. We are being a little coy because of the reaction of people. We did not want to post it at first then people complained that we were hiding stuff. Now we show it and people are still complaining.

"8 Different Color Lines on Both Graphs:
            Cyan
            Dark Blue
            Dark Blue (Thick)
            Light Green
            Orange
            Red
            Red (Thick)
            Magenta

All pulls done on 91 octane, around 3000 miles, timing stock, Piggyback MM, programming = 0, 1, 2 on MM."

Color code goes with what is below in the box: 2, 1, 0, then 0, 1, 2.

Big lean spike correlates a few curves or pulls that are the same setting, like 2 etc...... You can also read in that sheet where it show stock (or 0) being an average of 12.8 to 1 afr and 2 setting being an average of 14.57 to 1 afr.

Hope that makes it more palatable for you. PLEASE DO NOT HATE ON THE MESSENGER once and for all.

ROAD/RACE
            ROAD RACE MOTORSPORTS

sigpic

Comment

• GoFiatGo!
              • Aug 2012

Don't be so defensive...
              You could understand why people would be asking so many questions. I haven't seen any one call you out on your dyno or your experience. I've only seen people start asking questions in frustration with no answers. Just look at the title and first post...
              "Dyno Data" followed by a graph with 8 pulls on it and no other information. Not anything saying "hey this an MM box with changes done, look for this line we did this, this line we changed this". It took 2 pages to get there. I would try posting as much information with something like this to avoid any other flak.

Comment

• whatebahw
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by RoadRace
                We did not want to post it at first then people complained that we were hiding stuff. Now we show it and people are still complaining

First, thank you for coming forward with some good info. I think people expected you to post the information because when *you* brought this up *you* said you would post the information. So when you say you didn't want to post the information it contradicts what you said initially (at least in my mind). I also think the reason you see some of us are unsatisfied is because your initial claims were in two parts. One part claimed the "OTHER BOXES" had dangerous AFRs. (Check! Got it! THX) The other part claimed you had found the solution. I think most reasonable people will be satisfied when you show us Dynos with HP & AFRs for your device just like you did with the MM. Do you see?

Comment

• Jun 2011

So if you say the MM is dangerous, why have it on your own car? Why still sell it? I guess there is more to this whole story!

Why not just modify the TMC and sell it as your own? Why try to slander the competition?

So very vague and fishy this whole story. I just dont follow your reasoning?!?!

Comment

• Mr. Man
                    • Sep 2012

This is all getting so intense! I have become confused as to what i should buy. I guess I'll just keep waiting.
                    Bianco 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
                    Humming along at 150,XXX miles

Comment

• RoadRace
                      • Nov 2012

Chart does show 8 pulls. Some are duplicates. Other questions were already answered. Not sold a MM since Oct. and it is still on the site because MM was working out some fixes along with FIAT's reflash. They should really be the ones showing how it works now. Until this is all resolved it will stay up and we will talk through these things with customers before they buy. That is the best for all customers.

ROAD/RACE
                      ROAD RACE MOTORSPORTS

sigpic

Comment

• cerebrix
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by fidgell
                        So if you say the MM is dangerous, why have it on your own car? Why still sell it? I guess there is more to this whole story!

Why not just modify the TMC and sell it as your own? Why try to slander the competition?

So very vague and fishy this whole story. I just dont follow your reasoning?!?!
                        ok im curious.

please enlighten me.

show me the slander

ill just wait here while you get that for me.

Comment

• bawight
                          • Jul 2012

People sure seem hung up on one negative sentence. I'm holding judgement until we see all the data from RRM.
                          2013 Fiat 500 Abarth (Grigio)
                          1973 Porsche 914 2.7L
                          2008 Mustang Bullitt (Wife's Car)

Comment

• Jun 2011

ok im curious.

please enlighten me.

show me the slander

You new here? Go read the first post on their sales post. There you will find the enlightenment you yearn for - apology accepted son!

Comment

• GoFiatGo!
                              • Aug 2012

ok im curious.

please enlighten me.

show me the slander

Here you go:

"There will be another thread made shortly showing the poor boost characteristics of the other ECMs and the dangerous AFRs developed by the "OTHER BOXES." This inspired us to make our own units though so in the end, the community wins. Again this will all be documented for you."
                              After tons of testing etc.... we can finally introduce our Abarth ECM. After dozens of hours of dyno testing, track testing and months of beta testing our ECM is ready. We worked together with TMC and our partners at Zeitronix as well as AEM. With these partners and our 20+ years of experience with turbo engines, it became a
                              Last edited by Fiat500USA; 02-13-2013, 04:49 PM. Reason: removed shot

Comment

• RoadRace
                                • Nov 2012

The point is that the FIAT engine seems to save itself but the AFRs seen, are in no way accepted by any tuner, anywhere as safe numbers, even on race gas. Does someone agree with that? That was the point of showing and saying what I said. I did not plan on finding this since I was running our MM for a long time. I had problems with consistency, yes. That is what i wanted to see and did not expect to see these AFRs. All this said, people missed the fact that we ran up to 30 psi without damaging anything. Does that speak to the AFRs being OK or that the car/engine has numerous knock sensors, and other sensors that really make the engine robust and able to save itself. This is what the discussion have been about, not that it is MM or TM or ABC for that matter. Again going off the scale is quite a concern, on low octanes that could be the end of the game. Turbo engines should not be tuned to numbers like this. The number are equal or worse than number one would expect to see at idle. Even with timing pulled and race gas this is not in a range anyone should or would tune to. If someone argues that 14+ afr under full boost is normal then just close the thread please.

ROAD/RACE
                                ROAD RACE MOTORSPORTS

sigpic

Comment