bahis siteleri Betboo yeni adresi izmir escort antalya escort izmir escort porno porno izle bursa escort escort mobil porno havalandirma sistemleri takipçi satın alma instagram beğeni hilesi instagram takipçi hilesi saha betonu izmir escort eskişehir escort bayan 500T, how close is it to the Abarth?
500 Madness
   
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: 500T, how close is it to the Abarth?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    500T, how close is it to the Abarth?

    Hi All, am a new 500T owner (blue-green), and am wondering what are the differences that end up with 25 less hp than the Abarth? I know there's a different exhaust, but the specs show the same boost, bore, & stroke leading me to think it has the same turbo too. So where's the bottle-neck? I'm not looking to dump a bunch of money into my ride yet, but it's got me thinking.

    My advance appreciation for your replies, Mike

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EldoradoMike View Post
    Hi All, am a new 500T owner (blue-green), and am wondering what are the differences that end up with 25 less hp than the Abarth? I know there's a different exhaust, but the specs show the same boost, bore, & stroke leading me to think it has the same turbo too. So where's the bottle-neck? I'm not looking to dump a bunch of money into my ride yet, but it's got me thinking.

    My advance appreciation for your replies, Mike
    The only power limiting difference is the exhaust (which is minor) and the computer tuning. The Turbo would be the exact same car performance wise if it was not electronically downtuned. You basically are paying for that computer when purchasing an Abarth. That and all the little bells and whistles (boost gauge, leather cluster, racing "inspired" seats, exhaust, suspension, limited slip diff, steering wheel, pedals, slightly larger spoiler). Also, post some pics of your car. I'd love to see a T in that color

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,788
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 378 Times in 291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 500Turbo View Post
    The only power limiting difference is the exhaust (which is minor) and the computer tuning. The Turbo would be the exact same car performance wise if it was not electronically downtuned. You basically are paying for that computer when purchasing an Abarth. That and all the little bells and whistles (boost gauge, leather cluster, racing "inspired" seats, exhaust, suspension, limited slip diff, steering wheel, pedals, slightly larger spoiler). Also, post some pics of your car. I'd love to see a T in that color
    Switch Intake, Exhaust and ECM.... Done.

    Also... the ABARTH does not have a Limited Slip Differential.
    The Transmissions are Identical between the ABARTH and 500T.
    2020 DODGE Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
    Pitch Black
    8 Speed ZF
    --.-/ --- MPH - Bone Stock

    "I thought you had a HEMI. Yeah, I had to have a footprint gas pedal installed. So I stole this pile."

    2013 500 ABARTH
    Nero

    2014 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 2nd G Street
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared

  4. #4
    Senior Member Mike S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    991
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 122 Times in 93 Posts
    I thought the T has the smaller turning radius of the non Abarth 500.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,788
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 378 Times in 291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    I thought the T has the smaller turning radius of the non Abarth 500.
    That's an easy engineering change in the Hub Assembly.
    2020 DODGE Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
    Pitch Black
    8 Speed ZF
    --.-/ --- MPH - Bone Stock

    "I thought you had a HEMI. Yeah, I had to have a footprint gas pedal installed. So I stole this pile."

    2013 500 ABARTH
    Nero

    2014 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 2nd G Street
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared

  6. #6
    Senior Member VTEC Mini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,173
    Thanks
    346
    Thanked 214 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddySRT View Post
    Switch Intake, Exhaust and ECM.... Done.

    Also... the ABARTH does not have a Limited Slip Differential.
    The Transmissions are Identical between the ABARTH and 500T.
    You forgot shocks, springs, rear sway bar, 17 inch wheels and reinforced spring perches.

  7. #7
    Robert Nixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Great Neck, NY
    Posts
    5,373
    Thanks
    1,453
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,166 Posts
    and the scorpions, don't forget the scorpions!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Nixon For This Useful Post:

    MADNESSLuckyJay (01-10-2013)

  9. #8
    Senior Member msjulie33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    south SF bay area USA
    Posts
    1,276
    Thanks
    306
    Thanked 308 Times in 238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddySRT View Post
    Switch Intake, Exhaust and ECM.... Done.

    Also... the ABARTH does not have a Limited Slip Differential.
    The Transmissions are Identical between the ABARTH and 500T.
    Does anyone know if you really can swap the ECU? And if you tried but didn't change the intake/exhaust, what bad thing(s) happen aside from maybe less power, quieter exhaust?
    Wicked Dot - Rosso+black Abarth 500c
    MoJo - Electric Orange 500e stealth performer - lease over, replaced with a faster! E

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was remotely aware of most of the differences, but the only one I've seen on the intake is the scorpion-badged intake cover. Is there something different underneath?
    Also was wondering whether the MM ECU would make up for the rest of the difference, sans exhaust restrictions.
    I don't have any good pics to post yet. just a kinda corny one taken by the "product specialist" and posted on vegasfiatgirl.com (great sales experience). I traded my 09 Prius in and am now LOVING driving.

  11. #10
    Lifetime Member Lifetime Member FTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,209
    Thanks
    1,913
    Thanked 1,486 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robert nixon View Post
    and the scorpions, don't forget the scorpions!
    lol

    2012-FIAT ABARTH
    2015-ALFA ROMEO 4C
    2018-ALFA ROMEO GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO
    EUROCOMPULSION STORE
    THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Drove 500T and Abarth
    By Triepke in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH General Discussion
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 03:29 PM
  2. Magneti Marelli Abarth ECM on a 500T
    By opiateESP in forum Fiat 500 Turbo General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2012, 12:11 PM
  3. 500T & Abarth Cabrio on its way...
    By Fazzster in forum Fiat news and reviews from around the Internet
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 08:20 PM
  4. Close up on Abarth at the 2011 Frankfurt Auto Show
    By Fiat500USA in forum Fiat500USA.com Articles and Story Comments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 02:31 AM
  5. So close!
    By joelgoodman in forum Fiat 500 General Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •