Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Tom Tom has an intermittent connection to Blue&Me

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dwhite3rd
    • Nov 2012

Tom Tom has an intermittent connection to Blue&Me

I picked up my Abarth on Friday night, however the navigation system was in the box and I did not hook it up at the studio. After getting it home and prepared to pair the phone and Tom Tom, I realized that there was no “aux” switch on the ignition so I had to have the car running when setting up the phone. With the growl of the Abarth (boy I like that sound ), I elected not to set up the phone and nav system because it was about 9:30pm.

At a respectable time the next morning I paired the phone with no problem however I did not pair the Tom Tom because it was getting the maps updated on the computer. The next chance I got to configure it was on Sunday. It was not exactly plug and play but I figured out how to get the phone and nav on the same page. It worked fine and I was pleased. Later that night I got into the car and noticed that a disconnect from blue&me message on the nav screen, a few minutes later I saw a connected to blue&me message. This happened for the better part of the afternoon. When I got to a place I could give it some attention I found that the phone was not paired even though phone was showing a connection.

I will be going to the studio for them to have a look but wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing the same thing?
    Last edited by dwhite3rd; 12-19-2012, 11:43 AM. Reason: misspelling
  • trevc
    • Jan 2012

I have been fortunate - paired mine when I got the car in April and it has worked great since then.
    Sounds like something the studio needs to look at - hopefully just a loose connection in the wiring that they can trace and fix.
    www.TMCAutosport.com

Comment

• White Abarth
      Lifetime Member
      Lifetime Member
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by dwhite3rd
      It was not exactly plug and play but I figured out how to get the phone and nav on the same page.
      Just to verify...

You paired your phone to the car.

Then you paired your TomTom to the car.

You did not try to pair your phone to the TomTom. (You're not supposed to.)

Correct?

Comment

• dwhite3rd
        • Nov 2012

Yes, I paired the phone to the car. Then when I installed the Tom Tom, the phone detected the bluetooth (Tom Tom/Blue&Me). I do not recall what order worked because I deleted all users and started from square 1 (twice).

It seems like the Tom Tom and its intermitten connection to the bluetooth is the source of the problem. I have no solid evidence that this is the case but hope to find out more when I visit the studio.

Thanks for helping out.

Comment

• dwhite3rd
          • Nov 2012

Took the car into the dealer this morning and found that there is something going on with the Blue&Me system. As I understand it, the dealer will be contacting the engineering division to resolve this issue.

Comment

• Red Dwarf
            • Oct 2012

I bought a Tom Tom off ebay from a lady that had it with the Fiat and didn't want it. I was never able to successfully pair. I contacted Tom Tom and they sent me a replacement. It also will not pair.
            2012 Fiat 500 Sport, Nero, Black/Red leather seats. No Mods, YET

Comment

• satellite
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Red Dwarf
              I bought a Tom Tom off ebay from a lady that had it with the Fiat and didn't want it. I was never able to successfully pair. I contacted Tom Tom and they sent me a replacement. It also will not pair.
              If you don't have the factory navigation option, it will never work. That's what I was told by Fiat.

Comment

• trevc
                • Jan 2012

Yep, a few people have tried it and so far I haven't heard of anybody that has been successful. There is something different in the car beyond the power port in the dash. Somebody in FIAT knows what it is but they are not letting on. They make a good profit selling that option!
                Originally posted by satellite
                If you don't have the factory navigation option, it will never work. That's what I was told by Fiat.
                www.TMCAutosport.com

Comment

• Red Dwarf
                  • Oct 2012

That just doesn't make any sense. The built in option only provides power. The Tom Tom has Blue & Me software as does the car. Should work regardless. The Fat recognizes the Tom Tom but the device does not recognize the car.
                  2012 Fiat 500 Sport, Nero, Black/Red leather seats. No Mods, YET

Comment

• Tweak
                    Rest In Peace
                    • Nov 2012

Just an idea and one that likely won't work but you could try, download firmware for the FIAT Tom Tom and flash the unit (if possible) so then it could more likely pair up.
                    Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• satellite
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Red Dwarf
                      That just doesn't make any sense. The built in option only provides power. The Tom Tom has Blue & Me software as does the car. Should work regardless. The Fat recognizes the Tom Tom but the device does not recognize the car.
                      I've been told it's a harness in the dash that is tying the whole configuration together (by Fiat reps), but I'm curious if it's just a software upgrade in the Blue & Me system. You are right, I have the same issue. Shows connected on the display in the car, but the TomTom doesn't seem to handshake with the car.

Just to be clear. I did all the updates from the TomTom site before this and have reset the unit multiple times with the same result.

Comment

• dwhite3rd
                        • Nov 2012

Update - to further troubleshoot the issue, the dealer is going to try different Tom Tom and phone (as per the engineering group). We are not waiting for the part to come in.

Comment

• dwhite3rd
                          • Nov 2012

Update - We found out that the phone I was initially using was the cause of the issue. I was using the (Sprint) Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G. After I was told that my job would not be supporting android phones for our company email I purchased an iPhone and was able to connect with blue&me with no problem. The tom tom nav is now operating properly.

I hope this helps others.

Comment

Working...