Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

15" Wheels on the Abarth???

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TLV
    • Nov 2012

15" Wheels on the Abarth???

I purchased my Abarth in Edmonton, AB and I recently purchased 4 new winter wheels & tires (15x6.5 Sport Tuning T6’s with General Altimax Arctics 195/55/R15 - from Tire Rack)

The 15” rims mounted fine, but the back wheels were not big enough due to the sway bar. The sway bar sits just on the edge of the rim instead of just inside of it and will scrape when driven. I have spoken to some people who are running 15” rims on their 500 abarth’s and have seen posts on these forums of people who are as well, so why don't these rims fit?
    I saw a post that mentioned if the rim is a generic brand it will be slightly smaller than a normal 15” rim and these will not fit. Is this true? Could this be the case with my wheels or is there another problem. I have found other custom wheels for the Abarth that come in a 15" and guarantee that they will fit.

I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do now.
  • GoFiatGo!
    • Aug 2012

Offset is key...

Comment

• sk8ace
      • Oct 2011

I'm sure each wheel has it's own thickness on the inside.. The only way to really tell if it fits is to test them out and you happened to buy the ones that are too small. Mine has the stock 16's and it looks extremely tight already..

Comment

• stealthy1ss
        • May 2012

Originally posted by GoFiatGo!
        Offset is key...
        Sometimes it the spoke design as well.
        2012 Fiat 500 Abarth - Italian Go Kart/DD
        2006 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC - Track Car/Weekend Warrior

Comment

• Crazy Otto
          • Jul 2012

Perhaps you can use a small spacer and push the rims edge away from the sway bar whilst still maintaining proper fitment?
          12 Fiat Abarth, 07 Mercedes ML63 AMG, 73 Mini 1275, 96 Ferrari F355 GTS, 98 BMW M3 NASA GTS3, 03 BMW M3 NASA GTS4 (2015), 06 Mercedes SLK 55 AMG.

Comment

• FTY
            Lifetime Member
            Lifetime Member
            • May 2012

Id return them and go with 16s....tirerack is pretty decent with returns.
            sigpic
            2012-FIAT ABARTH
            2015-ALFA ROMEO 4C
            2018-ALFA ROMEO GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO
            EUROCOMPULSION STORE
            “THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN.”

Comment

• Thomas
              • Jan 2012

I've got the 16'' Borbet LV4. They have the original bolt pattern and look pretty nice too.

Comment

• Robert Burwood
                • Dec 2012

Hi, I'm also in Edmonton and just ran into the same problem with Sport Edition F12 15" rims. We're you able to resolve?

Comment

• Berliner
                  • Jun 2012

I would love to see 15 inch Wheels on a 2012/13 Ab. or even on a 500T. Bolt on that is...

Comment

• BigDaddySRT
                    • Jul 2012

Find out how much Offset you need and purchase a set of Wheel Spacers.

Machined to your bolt pattern and hub bore.
                    2023 DODGE Durango R/T - HEMI Orange
                    Pitch Black, 8 Speed ZF, Fully Optioned

"I thought you had a HEMI. Yeah, I had to have a footprint gas pedal installed. So I stole this pile."

2013 500 ABARTH
                    Nero

2014 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 2nd G Street
                    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,2021 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared
                    2022 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 3rd Place, Extreme Street B (NEON ACR Coupe)

Comment

• Juair
                      • Aug 2013

I have bought a 2012 Fiat 500 sport and for the winter season a put 15'' Wheel on it....

This same Wheel setup fit on my new 2013 Abarth!!But very close!!

---Fiat Abarth 2013--- [email protected]
                      sigpic

Comment

• JoeB
                        • Aug 2013

Does anyone have a pic of these 15s on an Abarth? I like the small-wheel/tall-tire retro look on these cars (plus less unsprung weight), and am thinking of picking some up from Madness.

2013 Abarth Cabrio, Nero w/ Rosso stripes/mirror caps, Nero cloth, Comfort & Convenience, Beats, clear bra, Turbo tails, Platypus front plate holder, Tributo Ferrari key fob

Comment

• Juair
                          • Aug 2013

New mod on my winter setup!!

sigpic

Comment

• Juair
                            • Aug 2013

Winter setup!!
                            Looks great!

sigpic

Comment

• racerx
                              • Apr 2013

I have 15" wheels from a pop painted white on my 500t looks like diamond racing wheels for cheap plus the wheels are only 14lbs anyways. I dont have the sway bar like the abarths. More offset or spacers

Comment