Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

ABARTH ECU Reflash Development Success Finally from EFI Logic

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by FTY
    The ONLY issue I have with this is the ability/possibility for FIAT to detect the modified ecu. Will this require the physical ECU to be cracked open or loaded/removed through the OBD interface?
    I think bench flashes require extraction of the ECU, one for after warranty no?!

Comment

• Mike S
      • Jun 2011

My Volvo V70R was a flash through the OBD from my laptop. The stock program could be swapped back an forth as needed.

It was done with a softloader from IPD.

Comment

• MAZ
        Lifetime Member
        Lifetime Member
        • Jul 2012

This is great news EFI Logic!!!
        Where are you guys located?

/anyone want to buy a lightly used MM Module? pm me, lol
        Last edited by MAZ; 09-25-2012, 02:31 PM.
        Mark it Zero!

Comment

• Abarth67

This is all great news. I must say that I am extremely happy with my MM box and power pedal. If this solution is an improvement, I will look into it. I am as happy as I can be right now with the power and feel of the Marelli products. There may be more horsepower out there but dang, the car flies now as it is and the response is amazing. Anything more is icing on the cake. WIll be watching these guys though for sure.

Comment

• Drazyw
            • Jun 2012

Yeah I would be interested in getting a bigger turbo and such but I'm holding off for being able to get a real tune. This is great news.
            http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/140450.png

Comment

• Del Rosso95
              • Sep 2012

holy ****. where did you get that wide body it looks nasty. i want one!

Comment

• MAZ
                Lifetime Member
                Lifetime Member
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Del Rosso95
                holy ****. where did you get that wide body it looks nasty. i want one!
                I think those are just arches.
                Mark it Zero!

Comment

• Willow1285
                  • Sep 2012

great work
                  2012 ABARTH: MM ECM, MM POWER PEDAL, EUROCOMPULSION R3T INTAKE, CRAVEN SHORT SHIFTER AND SHIFT KNOB (EUROCOMPULSION), HI PERFORMANCE STORE RED SILICONE VACUUM LINES AND RAM AIR BOOT

1970 FIAT 500L: IT RUNS, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?

Comment

• MrFiat

50+ yr Abarth Enthusiast

Lifetime Member
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by EFI Logic
                    We have already located the major tables the Cam angle tables are next but not necessary to begin testing at this point. Cam angles are more so about economy than power so adjusting them will yield more midrange power than top end. The manufacturers arent usually too far off on those adjustment just more conservative.
                    Just curious, are you testing with the original ecu program or with the factory recall flash update program? Would it even make a difference for what you're trying to do?
                    I spent most of my money on fast cars, guitars and pretty women. I somehow managed to waste the rest of it.

Comment

• SupraSkylineSTI
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MrFiat
                      Just curious, are you testing with the original ecu program or with the factory recall flash update program? Would it even make a difference for what you're trying to do?
                      Probably not

Comment

• deathshead
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by MAZ
                        I think those are just arches.
                        Those are the flares that TMC sells. the guy that owns that car basically went totally bonkers and bought like everything TMC sells.

Great car.

Comment

• favadiaronne
                          • May 2012

I'm pretty curious about this matter. In Italy none is able yet to reflash the Multiair Turbo ECU in an effective way (lot of engines popped up......).
                          A little bit of improvement but....

For the TJet 1.4 Turbo, no problem at all but the Multiair is still misterious

I'll follow this thread.

Comment

• EFI Logic
                            • Sep 2012

There has never a been an engine built that is so complicated to tune that it cant be done by anyone besides the factory. I researched the function on the MultiAir engine and i see its main issue are flow limits. Which have nothing to do with the tune but more of a mechanical limitation of how far you'll be able to go before you're literally beating you head uselessly against the wall.

Comment

• MAZ
                              Lifetime Member
                              Lifetime Member
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EFI Logic
                              its main issue are flow limits. Which have nothing to do with the tune but more of a mechanical limitation
                              Could you expand on 'flow limits' Do you mean a restrictive head?
                              Mark it Zero!

Comment

• EFI Logic
                                • Sep 2012

Correct the cfm the head allows is limited to a specific extent. The Multiair allows some masking of this along with economy enchancing features. Playing with the valve opening time will allow for more air flow in but at the same time increases PTV contact as well as doing it too long creates overlap and losing power. At the end of the day its all variable valve timing just a more mechanical version. Which has and will always be a form of economy. The manufacturer sells it to you as performance. But in all actuality the motor makes the power from the get go they just have to figure out a way to make it fuel economical and emission friendly thus VVT was invented.

Comment