Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

First off, what brands of bearings are you using? Even a couple of the name brands have been noted to fail (front and rear) on the Fiat. Are you sourcing...

Ah, I've missed you Ted. Yeah, $145 is MSRP (dealer price). Around $16 to replace each unit. That's why people don't go to the dealer until they've checked...

OK, so you guys say Turbo coils won't work on the non-turbo. We know Alfa coils work on the turbo car... but they also work on the N/A models?

Go with Alfa coil pacs, expensive but smooth acceleration without hesitation = worth the price

https://500madness.com/start-shopping/pe...

Prices are all over the place for TPMS sensors and the quality varies. I wouldn't kick yourself too hard because you got the best ones out there, so youll...

Well...Welcome back Tedolph.

I got four new sensors as preventative maintenance with a four tire purchase at Costco. Paid Feb 2021 $43.89...

Only 11 weeks away to Ottawa Viva Italia Car Concorso and Italia Car Parade June 14 to 16
This is the only place to be on Fathers Day

These are the Gold winner for the 9th Italian Car Day event

Fernado Pasquale 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Alessandro Pellerito 1971...

Fiat X1/9: The Affordable Mid-Engine Sports Car That's Still Addictively Fun Today - autoevolution
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/fiat-x1-9...

Don't miss this event held in little Italy Montreal !!!...

This will be one of the largest gatherings of Italian Cars
Clubs form Toronto , Montreal and Ottawa will be attending ;

Toronto is...

Well, after 12 years and 90k miles, I also finally got the dreaded "Tire Pressure Monitoring System Unavailable" dashboard warning during startups....

I've checked the last few tanks, and the on-board measurement is consistently higher than what I calculate at the pump by 5-8%. Obviously it is not a...

Still getting about 42.5 mpg in mixed driving in my 2012 pop.

Only use the cheapest regular gas, not 91.

Tedolph

It should, Not sure if the others spoilers, need the roof pins....

Sure it will!...

nice idea!

but you should have had the sharp joins coming out the bottom of the rest..not the top

If you take the parts out of the equation, what's left is the installation and driving over curbs, which I don't think you are doing. It sounds like...

DYI - Abarth HID Conversion for Under $50 Bucks.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tweak
    Rest In Peace
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by ksig421
    I still wanted white, but I was thinking that 5000k will be more of a cool white. I hope I dont regret it. The pic of the different temperatures on the vvme hid website seemed kind of misleading. Those drl look way better! Every time I look on the forum I find out I need to spend more money!
    I think 5K will be fine and as for the spending $...at least this time it's only $15 bucks.
    Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• ivmill
      • Oct 2012

Having dealt with Tony in the past he seems to be a pretty stand up guy. Between him and Tweaks inputs I think I'll give the 4300K kit a shot. If things don't go accordingly then I don't think I'll be too mad at the waste.
      -Ian

'13 Grigio/Nero Abarth: RRM Ultimate Tuner | Magneti Marelli Power Pedal | R3T v2 Intake | TMC Decat | Forge BOV | ATM Boost Gauge | Craven Short Throw Shifter | TWM Shift Knob | Fortune Auto Prototype Coilovers | Schroth Harness | CPR 4 Bar X-Brace | CPR 28MM Sway Bar | VVME HID Kit
      '66 Mustang Fastback GT
      '56 Corvette (future project)
      '04 Roush Focus (Sold)

Comment

• Tweak
        Rest In Peace
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by ivmill
        Having dealt with Tony in the past he seems to be a pretty stand up guy. Between him and Tweaks inputs I think I'll give the 4300K kit a shot. If things don't go accordingly then I don't think I'll be too mad at the waste.
        I went in with pretty much the same thought, price is minimal and they look good, it is nearly fall and mine went in last fall and no issues at all so far. Couple others purchased them and all that I know of were satisfied. Thanks and hope they work as well for you Ian.
        Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• ivmill
          • Oct 2012

It should be here in a few days, so once I get it installed I'll give out some impressions. I've wasted 50 bucks on far more frivolous things, haha.
          -Ian

'13 Grigio/Nero Abarth: RRM Ultimate Tuner | Magneti Marelli Power Pedal | R3T v2 Intake | TMC Decat | Forge BOV | ATM Boost Gauge | Craven Short Throw Shifter | TWM Shift Knob | Fortune Auto Prototype Coilovers | Schroth Harness | CPR 4 Bar X-Brace | CPR 28MM Sway Bar | VVME HID Kit
          '66 Mustang Fastback GT
          '04 Roush Focus (Sold)

Comment

• Tweak
            Rest In Peace
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by ivmill
            It should be here in a few days, so once I get it installed I'll give out some impressions. I've wasted 50 bucks on far more frivolous things, haha.
            I hope you like it but I agree...for the price it isn't that big a deal compared to some other things we've all done before...it should at least be "good enough".

Comment

• ksig421
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Tweak
              I think 5K will be fine and as for the spending $...at least this time it's only $15 bucks.
              I got mine in the mail yesterday! Any recommendations on where to mount the ballasts?
              2013 Abarth (Nero), Unichip HPSI/ EC Stage 2W, AEM Water Methanol Injection Kit, ATM FMIC, ATM Holy Cowl Intake, GFB DV+ w/ Main Spring, Magneti Marelli 30mm Springs, CPR Lower Brace Bar, CPR 30mm Torsion Bar, Neu-f Torque Arm Insert (donated by NorcalSS), RRM Chassis Braces, Neu-f Short Shift Adapter, ATM Boost Gauge, RRM Turbo Blanket, VVME 5000K HIDs, A'Pexi Turbo Timer, Wolo Horn, Stubby Antenna, EBC Reds and Brake Lab Rotors, General G-Max 205/45/16 on Stock Rims

Comment

• Tweak
                Rest In Peace
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by ksig421
                I got mine in the mail yesterday! Any recommendations on where to mount the ballasts?
                It is NOT pretty and I still need to one day workout a better solution but for almost a year this has worked well for me...

Driver side:

Passenger side:

There are holes already and they were close so again, NOT PRETTY but functional and no one has mentioned them in all the time they've been there so I guess no one really notices at shows and such.

Comment

• boxerbay
                  • Jul 2014

With the ddm tuning slim ballasts you dont need to drill the cap. It all fits inside the headlight lens. Super clean. I got the 6k super white headlight and 3k yellow fog lights. Wow the fogs make a huge difference.
                  sigpic
                  2012 Abarth Grigio, sunroof, red leather, red mirrors, carbon fiber stripe, Fly1 CF Lip and skirt, XXR 550 17x8.25 19mm w/ 195/40/17, SR48 Stud, R1 Rotors, EBC reds, ATM HCI, ATM FMIC, EC/HPSI Unichip II, PTP turbo blanket, GFB/DV+, Norcal SS DP, J-Pipe 2.25, MPX Axleback, BC Coilovers, Neu-f 28mm rear bar, 3M Crystalline tint, HID 6500K + 3000K.

Comment

• Tweak
                    Rest In Peace
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by boxerbay
                    With the ddm tuning slim ballasts you dont need to drill the cap. It all fits inside the headlight lens. Super clean. I got the 6k super white headlight and 3k yellow fog lights. Wow the fogs make a huge difference.
                    True but at the time when I bought my VVME lights I had not yet heard enough positive feedback on them and I was also a bit worried about so much stuffed into such a small area.

Comment

• pureflipking
                      • Feb 2014

i saw the photo of the HID beam with the Stock projector ( im too lazy to copy the post), But im planning on purchasing HID kits from DDMtuning.com and im more concern about the beam. Will all HID kits have exact beam with factory housing for our cars? or does it vary in different kits?

Comment

• uknowthatguy
                        • Oct 2013

To those drilling the hole in the cap. PLEASE remember to use a quality sealant around the newly made hole to prevent moisture build up. Also, pick up an inexpensive hole saw to do the job, the cleaner the opening the better the seal. Creating a strong moisture barrier will also help you protect your investment.
                        We've have plenty of folks who roll in asking how to remove to moisture from their headlights. 9 times outta 10 it's the result of external ballast HID kit.

Comment

• Tweak
                          Rest In Peace
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by uknowthatMADNESS
                          To those drilling the hole in the cap. PLEASE remember to use a quality sealant around the newly made hole to prevent moisture build up. Also, pick up an inexpensive hole saw to do the job, the cleaner the opening the better the seal. Creating a strong moisture barrier will also help you protect your investment.
                          We've have plenty of folks who roll in asking how to remove to moisture from their headlights. 9 times outta 10 it's the result of external ballast HID kit.
                          Good advice but I found the quality of the rubber or silicon or whatever that came with the VVME and the design made for a very nice fitment so no additional sealant has been required for almost a year now. So long as no one goes too crazy and makes the hole too large it should be fine. Again this is good advice of course and one should make sure they have no leak potential after installation.

Comment

• modular
                            Premium Member
                            • Oct 2013

I have a question........

What would cause the 7.5a left headlight fuse to blow when hooking up a kit on that headlight? I tried every individual part in the kit one at a time on the left light and every time it blew the fuse. I had a bunch of 10a mini fuses on hand while doing this. I have a hard time believing that all the parts where bad in the OPT7 kit I purchased.
                            If I was the Bandit Sally'd have 8 kids.

Comment

• ksig421
                              • Jun 2013

I installed my vvme 5000k kit a couple of days ago. This is my first hid kit and it will not be my last. The lights look great and are definitely brighter then stock. The installation took just under 30 minutes with drilling the holes. As tweak said, make sure you drill the holes the correct size to prevent moisture from getting in. The rubber boot pieces feel really snug and I dont have any concern about moisture getting in which is one of the reasons why I hesitated getting them since I live in Florida. This is a great fun and inexpensive upgrade! Ill try to get pictures up soon.
                              2013 Abarth (Nero), Unichip HPSI/ EC Stage 2W, AEM Water Methanol Injection Kit, ATM FMIC, ATM Holy Cowl Intake, GFB DV+ w/ Main Spring, Magneti Marelli 30mm Springs, CPR Lower Brace Bar, CPR 30mm Torsion Bar, Neu-f Torque Arm Insert (donated by NorcalSS), RRM Chassis Braces, Neu-f Short Shift Adapter, ATM Boost Gauge, RRM Turbo Blanket, VVME 5000K HIDs, A'Pexi Turbo Timer, Wolo Horn, Stubby Antenna, EBC Reds and Brake Lab Rotors, General G-Max 205/45/16 on Stock Rims

Comment

• ivmill
                                • Oct 2012

I just out on my 4300k kit from VVME the other day. So far I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. All of the parts seem to be decent quality and install went pretty smoothly. As mentioned earlier getting the passenger side in is a bit of a pain, but what is easy in this crowded engine bay? It's already got me itching to upgrade the fog lights now.

FB1C5D8A-D146-459F-8DC5-26988F9DF781_zpsscmh8sok.jpg
                                F680C2D3-06A2-4D58-A189-CF9114586A7A_zpsmkccpjsk.jpg
                                D2986351-2333-41D3-9F3B-BF7C4C704FCE_zpsefz7gsss.jpg
                                E464A601-357B-411F-97BC-8E49904F717B_zpspyllol5t.jpg
                                7CD156B3-C37F-48F9-8AD1-7419E14D0899_zps1oh9pojp.jpg
                                -Ian

'66 Mustang Fastback GT
                                '04 Roush Focus (Sold)

Comment