Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having an issue. An "ungodly" sound isn't too descriptive. What does it sound like? When does...

Valve length question

Hello,

2013 Abarth in Canada.

I had the typical burnt exhaust valve issue. I decided not to go with the OEM ones since first...

I am going to assume you mean Gen 1 because of cost.

Most Mechanical issues were corrected by 2017. If you do buy a 2016 make sure the motor...

What common issues should I look for in a 500x?

I'm looking at different cars and the 500x has crossed my mind. I'm wondering what issues I should look for because as a Fiat fan and someone needing...

Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier with bike attachment for sale

I have a like new Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier bars with a bicycle attachment. I bought it from Micks Garage in England - https://www.micksgara...

Automatic transmission? If that's an automatic it could be as simple as the battery being defective (or not fully charged).

I would start...

Yeah, Ford has a history of "minimal design". They want to save money and keep weight down so they design for using the least material. My neighbor's...

Help us raise funds to support Melanoma Canada.
Help us achieve our goal of raising $150,000 to help support the melanoma and skin cancer com

that's a funny. One of the very few issues I had with my brand new fuel injected YUGO was the PCV hose used to freeze up in freezing weather and oil would...

We had a great time. Thanks to everyone that helped put the event together!

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth - Starts, But Not Moving

Hi all! I've got a 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth that has been sitting for almost 6 months. I have not used it in the winter since it's not a great vehicle where...

^^^ This ^^^ its one weak design point. I had the 225 slant six in my Dodge Coronet. Great engine but mine had a habit of blowing oil out of the breather...

Abarth 4C!

This is interesting. They're taking existing 4Cs and reinventing them as Abarths

https://www.motor1.com/news/716049/alfa-romeo-4c-return...

pin which locks the charging door is broken.

Hi
In my 500Ee the pin which locks the charging door is broken.
Any idea where I can get a replacement?

THX...

I didn't actually take the drain plug off. I sucked the oil out of it as the plug was not coming off and If you see the location, you'll...

lol Great vid. Originally I heard they might allow owners to customize the slow speed audio byte. I assume the killjoys at NAFTA nixed that for the US...

That's an interesting case on your 124. Can you get to the vent and run a wire down it? In the old days I'd see grease and, sometimes, diff oil break...

Interesting thoughts ideas here. I like the tip about using the door as leverage, though I'm afraid I'd find out my door pins are shot, too....

Thoughts of changing dash panel color, is it easy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I love pizza
    • Aug 2011

Thoughts of changing dash panel color, is it easy?

I'm considering the possibility of changing the dash panel which normally matches the exterior to match the seat color instead. Does anyone know if that requires removing the entire dash or is it a simple pop in and out kind of thing. The last thing I would want is to have to remove the entire dash and risk rattles afterwards.
  • blefevre
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by I love pizza
    I'm considering the possibility of changing the dash panel which normally matches the exterior to match the seat color instead. Does anyone know if that requires removing the entire dash or is it a simple pop in and out kind of thing. The last thing I would want is to have to remove the entire dash and risk rattles afterwards.
    I am interested in this too. I plan on changing my Abarths white dash panel to red.

Comment

• I love pizza
      • Aug 2011

Great minds think alike

I'm planning on the red leather on my Abarth and want the dash to match.

Comment

• sjmst
        Lifetime Member
        Lifetime Member
        • May 2011

It is pretty easy. I swapped out the matte gray Prima Edizione dash for a body colored red dash. Best "mod" I ever made.

Here is how it is done:
        First you need to pry off the bezel around the AC controls. The flat part that surrounds them. Underneath that you will find two 25 torx screws. Then open the glove box, inside there you will find under the air vent another 25 torx screw. Remove the three screws and simply and gently pry the cover off. The display for the radio has some wires and screws that must be addressed, and the buttons ("sport," etc)must be detached, but no big deal. That takes care of the right side. The left just needs to be gently pryed off. There are clips only on that side.
        Use a soft pry tool made out of plastic so that you don't scratch anything.
        Last edited by sjmst; 01-28-2012, 10:53 AM.
        sigpic
        Fiat Club America Long Island Chapter Contact.
        - Sam

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
        1981 Fiat Spider
        2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
        2002 Porsche Boxster

Comment

• phattbam
          • Sep 2011

anyone gone to the dealership to see how much they go for? I'm looking for black as I would like to remove my red.

Comment

• fiat for life
            • Aug 2011

I cant remember off the top of my head but back when I bought the dash panel for the swap I believe a fresh red painted one was around $200
            Friendly neighborhood FIAT guy

Comment

• smoove7410
              • Aug 2011

I think it would be nice to see it covered in leather or alcantara. It wouldn't actually be that difficult to pull off.

Comment

• phattbam
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by fiat for life
                I cant remember off the top of my head but back when I bought the dash panel for the swap I believe a fresh red painted one was around $200
                do you think colors make a difference in pricing?? I might have other plans on it

Originally posted by smoove7410
                I think it would be nice to see it covered in leather or alcantara. It wouldn't actually be that difficult to pull off.
                May want to try this myself

Comment

• fiat for life
                  • Aug 2011

Color has no effect on price
                  Friendly neighborhood FIAT guy

Comment

• phattbam
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by fiat for life
                    Color has no effect on price
                    thanks. good to know.

Comment

• FiaTED
                      • Feb 2012

I love my white dash, thats one of the reasons why I picked a FIAT. I must admit Red would look good too with my red seats. Please dont get me started on more modifications, Im still hurting from the down payment, lol
                      Proud Owner of "Lil Enzo"

It's more fun to go fast in a slow car than slow in a fast car.

Comment

• 4Mula1
                        • Oct 2012

Hi everyone. This is my first post here.
                        I recently came across some 500 dash pieces. So I wrapped one set in black carbon fiber from 3M. I thought I would find a 500 community
                        to post these on . Since this thread was already questioning changing dash color I thought I would post a few pictures.
                        Here is the before.
                        0993CB73-4764-4133-8E68-309221E6EE86-4942-0000017C92EF28F1.jpg
                        After
                        F5B81DA1-3AF2-4C5B-9F26-547D43F81651-4942-0000017C80245538-1.jpg252EC377-6D2B-4E1F-B21D-8EB01736C7AD-4942-0000017BEF24F42D.jpg

Comment

• phattbam
                          • Sep 2011

curious to know if the chrome trim pieces were easy to remove?

Comment

• AbarthUSA
                            • Apr 2012

Yes, they pop right off.
                            1972 FIAT 500F
                            2018 FIAT Abarth 500
                            2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
                            2008 Vespa Primavera 150

Comment

• Thad
                              • Jun 2011

...and if you are going to take the dash apart, why on earth would you want to keep that Sport button that defaults to 'off'. Check out my modification to have Sport mode default to 'on'. http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...N-Sport-button
                              Thad Kirk
                              Board Member -FIAT Club America www.FiatClubAmerica.com
                              1965 Fiat 600D
                              1971 Fiat 850 Racer
                              1981 Fiat Spider 2000
                              1984 Pininfarina Azzurra
                              2013 Abarth
                              sigpic

Comment