500 Madness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Roof Rack for 500 Cabrio and Glass Sunroof cars

Thanks

Fiat 500c Roof Rack

A few more shots of the build parts and mounting details.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Hi Kimble. I am looking for a roof rack for my 500C abarth GQ. Can you make me one of these?

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Hello,

Please note that I have no affiliation with the product nor do I endorse, recommend or sanction the use of this product in anyway shape or form. If you choose to do so it is at your own risk and by your own free will. (the now that I can't get sued for anything...) I plan on looking into getting these.

Since the day I had decided I wanted a 500C (Cabrio) I have been on the look out for a roof rack system that would be compatible. Everything on this side of the pond dictates that no roof rack can be installed on the glass roofed or Cabrio 500's. Looks like the other side of the pond has more experience since that model has been out for much longer and thus more products available to them. It is an Italian product called by La PreAlpina. I found some scans of the instructions. Notice that the first one states 500C. Also take a look at the picture if the rack installed on a sunroof 500 Lounge. It still allows for the glass roof or cabrio canvas roof to open when installed. First picture shows that its compatible with the 2009 Cabrio and on according to other literature. The second of last picture shows it installed on a sunroof car and the track is free in clear for the roof to still be opened.

Maybe one of our state-side aftermarket supplies can look into getting these for us...

Max
    ive been looking for a roof rack for my 500c as well. I came across this discussion while searching.

Did this roof rack work out for you? I am going to do some more searching, if there's a specific website please let me know. Thanks

Thanks
    I just ordered these items from Micks Garage. Cheapest price online, free shipping and even a coupon for 20% off this month. I will let you know how it all works out. No drilling. I would have gone with a hitch receiver but because I have a GQ version they don't make a hitch receiver.

I went with aluminum roof bars:
    https://www.micksgarage.com/d/roof-r...wards/products

Purchased the 'matching' Nordrive bike. I did go with the upgraded:
    https://www.micksgarage.com/d/bike-r...c-2009-onwards

Thanks
    Very well made, once put together pretty easy to install. Main issue is wind noise. I am going to try a deflector to see if I can stop the wind noise. Also, you can't move the top once the rack is in place (i.e. where ever it is set when you put the roof on, that's where it will stay.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wh400 View Post
    Also, you can't move the top once the rack is in place (i.e. where ever it is set when you put the roof on, that's where it will stay.
    How do the BARS interact with the top? Do you have a glass sunroof or a Cabrio?

Secondly, you can't move the top once the rack is in place... sorry, "move the top." What does that mean? Could you clarify this? Thanks!
    Last edited by akcapfiat; 01-14-2018 at 10:38 PM.
    Good Egg: 2015 Fiat 500 Sport 5spd
    Big Red: 2015 Fiat 500L Easy Aisan 6spd

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wh400 View Post
    I just ordered these items from Micks Garage. Cheapest price online, free shipping and even a coupon for 20% off this month. I will let you know how it all works out. No drilling. I would have gone with a hitch receiver but because I have a GQ version they don't make a hitch receiver.

I went with aluminum roof bars:
    https://www.micksgarage.com/d/roof-r...wards/products

Purchased the 'matching' Nordrive bike. I did go with the upgraded:
    https://www.micksgarage.com/d/bike-r...c-2009-onwards
    Would this be the rack to buy if I have a 500 with a sunroof, or is this for the 500C only?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2