500 Madness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roof Rack for 500 Cabrio and Glass Sunroof cars

Thanks

Roof Rack for 500 Cabrio and Glass Sunroof cars

Hello,

Please note that I have no affiliation with the product nor do I endorse, recommend or sanction the use of this product in anyway shape or form. If you choose to do so it is at your own risk and by your own free will. (the now that I can't get sued for anything...) I plan on looking into getting these.

Since the day I had decided I wanted a 500C (Cabrio) I have been on the look out for a roof rack system that would be compatible. Everything on this side of the pond dictates that no roof rack can be installed on the glass roofed or Cabrio 500's. Looks like the other side of the pond has more experience since that model has been out for much longer and thus more products available to them. It is an Italian product called by La PreAlpina. I found some scans of the instructions. Notice that the first one states 500C. Also take a look at the picture if the rack installed on a sunroof 500 Lounge. It still allows for the glass roof or cabrio canvas roof to open when installed. First picture shows that its compatible with the 2009 Cabrio and on according to other literature. The second of last picture shows it installed on a sunroof car and the track is free in clear for the roof to still be opened.

Maybe one of our state-side aftermarket supplies can look into getting these for us...

Max
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Max; 01-02-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks
    Max

I asked the same thing of the vendors here last month.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...ight=PreAlpina

I will probably get one and have it shipped.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Max

I asked the same thing of the vendors here last month.

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...ight=PreAlpina

I will probably get one and have it shipped.
    I guess I missed that final post in that thread.

If your considering getting a set shipped maybe it will be more economical to get two sets at the same time... We don't live far from each other. I also have a cosign that lives in Spain who is coming here to FL in February or March. Have not asked him but maybe he can help out with bringing it or shipping....

Max

I was at Begstrom Fiat in Milwaukee, WI getting my oil changed and noticed a POP with a roof rack on it that looked similiar to what you show in your picture. I did not pay too much attention to it because of the price ($495.00) but the hookup to the car seems the same. Maybe send them an e-mail to see what kind it is. Just a thought.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WIBOB View Post
    I was at Begstrom Fiat in Milwaukee, WI getting my oil changed and noticed a POP with a roof rack on it that looked similiar to what you show in your picture. I did not pay too much attention to it because of the price ($495.00) but the hookup to the car seems the same. Maybe send them an e-mail to see what kind it is. Just a thought.
    When you mention you saw one similar on a POP, was it a car with a sun roof?

Max

Don't remember as he had a "boat load" of the 500's in the show room.

Thanks
    Hi have u bought one of these and installed it on the 500c with sunroof, pls advise as I live in Canada and need to get 1, I will not go all summer without being able to open my roof, I have the 2013 500c lounge. tks

Thanks

500C Cabrio Roof Rack

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgTired of searching for a commercial solution so I built my own. This is a custom roof rack for the 500c Cabrio with a 100 lb capacity that fits perfectly and allows the rag top to fully function. Great style and very rugged. Would be happy to make another if someone is interested. All aluminum, fiberglass, and stainless steel construction so it will last forever! Really cool. Your choice of colors and frame designs. Mounts in minutes with minimal tools.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble Garrett View Post
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgTired of searching for a commercial solution so I built my own. This is a custom roof rack for the 500c Cabrio with a 100 lb capacity that fits perfectly and allows the rag top to fully function. Great style and very rugged. Would be happy to make another if someone is interested. All aluminum, fiberglass, and stainless steel construction so it will last forever! Really cool. Your choice of colors and frame designs. Mounts in minutes with minimal tools.
    Looks like you drilled into the A-pilar and roof rails? I wouldn't have the balls to do that.
    2013 Rosso Abarth Cabrio
    Mods:

Engine:
    RRM V3 ECU, BMC CAI, Madness GoPedal, MPx Throttle Body, Forge Actuator, Craven Throttle Body Spacer, GFB DV+, ATM FMIC, RRM Lightweight Pulley, Craven Short Shift Kit, Neu-F Torque Arm Insert

Suspension:
    Madness Mild Drop Springs, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Front Strut Bar, Rear 25mm Torsion Bar, Craven Short Shift Kit, CPR Lower Brace Bar

Exterior:
    Madness Xenon Light Kit, Tributo Badges & Stripes, Madness Black Painted Tail Lights.

Thanks
    10-32 drilled and tapped. Yields minimum compression on body skin and maximum vertical load bearing capacity. Easy to repair or plug if removed but I doubt I'll ever take it off it looks so cool.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast