Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Cold Air Intakes...thoughts and questions...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phattbam
    • Sep 2011

that's what I have in my car... it runs nice. has a throaty growl and does not drone

Comment

• Venom51
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by phattbam
      that's what I have in my car... it runs nice. has a throaty growl and does not drone
      Thanks for the reply.
      Did you notice an increase in mpg?
      Is there a little more power?
      Anything you'd change about it?

Im thinking about pulling the back seat. Do you think the growl would be annoying?

Sorry for all the questions but it's a good chunk of change so I want to make it count Thanks again!
      Last edited by Venom51; 05-07-2013, 11:04 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• phattbam
        • Sep 2011

Hello,

I dont know if there was a change in MPG. i did drive it much harder after these mods. I wanted to hear the exhaust and the intake. It did open up a little untapped power that was in our 1.4L hamster wheels I dont think I would change anything about it. I have pondered the thought of the rear seat delete option, but sometimes I do have a 2nd passenger and would need that rear seat in place. I preferred the rumble. I have always modified the intake and/or exhaust of my vehicles, so the added growl was a plus.

where are you located? I'm sure there are some forum members around the nation that may have some intake and exhaust mods that they would be willing to meet up and share some time

Comment

• Venom51
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by phattbam
          Hello,

I dont know if there was a change in MPG. i did drive it much harder after these mods. I wanted to hear the exhaust and the intake. It did open up a little untapped power that was in our 1.4L hamster wheels I dont think I would change anything about it. I have pondered the thought of the rear seat delete option, but sometimes I do have a 2nd passenger and would need that rear seat in place. I preferred the rumble. I have always modified the intake and/or exhaust of my vehicles, so the added growl was a plus.

where are you located? I'm sure there are some forum members around the nation that may have some intake and exhaust mods that they would be willing to meet up and share some time
          Thanks again for the info! I'm in texas and hoping someone in my area will chime in. More than likely though, I'll go with this setup.

Comment

• HID/LEDsolutions
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
            My concern would be having an intake grabbing air from inside the engine compartment. Hot air = less power. I think roughly for every 10 degrees in intake temperature costs almost one percent in power output, an intake that pulls in hot air can actually hurt power. Remember, it is called a "Cold Air Intake."

Would be fun to see some intake air temperature measurements to see if there is a difference. It is also possible in the real world, the different filter locations may not make much of a difference.
            I agree

Comment

• Wicked Cinq
              • May 2013

I've got the RRM Corsa intake. Like everyone else said, it does give a little extra power. Mine is paired with their exhaust and timing controller. With all three together, I am seeing an mpg increase of around 2 mpg (it also sounds great and has more power). I have had them on for a couple weeks now, and two tanks of gas. I went from 32 to 34 mpg, and it was consistent the last two tanks.

I've also been stuck in traffic in humid 85 degree heat for an hour, and I didn't really see any performance drop. So, even though the air was hot under the hood, the intake seems to be ok. It can't be worse than the stock setup. That big black box right over the exhaust manifold and engine. Just soaking up all the heat...
              2012 Fiat 500 Sport Manual
              (Installed)
              -Rear seat delete
              -RRM Corsa Intake
              -RRM Axle back Exhaust
              -RRM T/C
              -Neuspeed Front Swaybar

(Waiting on)
              -Stance Mindset 15x8; Toyo Extenza 205/50/15
              -Eibach Pro Springs
              -KONI Sport Rears
              -RRM Rear Swaybar

Comment

• Pitbull
                • Aug 2013

I ordered a K&N RU-2580 2" rubber filter. It's basically the "kit" that is on eBay under the Zonker Garage sight. Basically you pop off the stock intake, remove the elbow from the filter box to the intake runner, and slip the filter over the end. It sits at the upper left corner of the engine over a nice cool spot that draws fresh air in from under the car.

You make a short ram setup, the car makes the coolest noises, and you can really hear the turbo breathing and whooshing. I've also increased MPG by about 2 across the board, and seat of the pants says the sprint to 60 takes a few ticks less.

Best part, $33.99 plus shipping.

Comment

• phattbam
                  • Sep 2011

@pitbull,

do you have any photos of your setup?

Comment

• Tweak
                    Rest In Peace
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Pitbull
                    I ordered a K&N RU-2580 2" rubber filter. It's basically the "kit" that is on eBay under the Zonker Garage sight. Basically you pop off the stock intake, remove the elbow from the filter box to the intake runner, and slip the filter over the end. It sits at the upper left corner of the engine over a nice cool spot that draws fresh air in from under the car.

You make a short ram setup, the car makes the coolest noises, and you can really hear the turbo breathing and whooshing. I've also increased MPG by about 2 across the board, and seat of the pants says the sprint to 60 takes a few ticks less.

Best part, $33.99 plus shipping.

Welcome to the forum. As posted above pics would be a nice addition.
                    Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment