Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Will these wheels fit? good deal maybe

4x100mm, 43mm off set....I believe... Good summer tires on them.

Would these fit? Anyway to make it work? I know I need the wobble bolts...

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...
inside exhaust pipes need cleaning.
The outside are waxed, I'm reluctant to clean the inside with anything...

Below are the manufacturer's oil consumption guidelines we've published in previous posts. Depending on how you drive, and the maintenance done on the...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $30.00 on this Silver MegaWeight Shift Knob for your FIAT 500.

Improve your driving experience...

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

Oil Change light/warning reset

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thad
    • Jun 2011

Oil Change light/warning reset

The EVIC will display Oil Change Required message and light the yellow triangle light will come on when the computer decides that it is time to change your oil. If you change your own oil, or the servicing dealer is too stupid to know this, there is a trick to reset the warning and start the counter at the beginning.
    1. Turn key to on position. Do not start motor.
    2. Within 5 seconds, push fully on the gas pedal three times.

That's it!
    Thad Kirk
    Board Member -FIAT Club America www.FiatClubAmerica.com
    1965 Fiat 600D
    1971 Fiat 850 Racer
    1981 Fiat Spider 2000
    1984 Pininfarina Azzurra
    2013 Abarth
    sigpic
  • Scorpion
    • Aug 2011

Thanks for the tip Thad. It came in handy today when I change my oil in the 500 for the first time.
    Previous: Rosso Prima 111/500 | Current: Bianco Abarth

Like small cars? Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

• Fix it again Tony
      • Jan 2012

My yellow warning light went on last night, and I couldn't figure out why. The book says it is the "general" light, covering exterior bulbs, and varius fuel sensors. Didn't say anything about oil changes. Then I remembered your post! Thanks, you saved me a trip to the shop!

Comment

• unknown_eyes
        • Oct 2011

Mine came on at exactly 3700 miles. Kind of freaked me out because it came on as I was driving home from the dealer after getting them to install my Mopar CAI!!! I pulled over and turned the car off and then called the dealer because I thought that the CAI had somehow caused the light to come on! The sales manager told me the turn on the ignition and see if I was getting a "change engine oil" message on the EVIC screen. Kinda funny after the fact, and a weird coincidence!!!

Comment

• ant08
          • Mar 2012

Thanks for sharing!

I just picked up a Gucci 500 over the weekend and I'm planning on doing all the maintenance myself.

Comment

• Vaportrailz
            • Mar 2012

Mine came on at 3700 miles also (silver 500c) with three day old synthetic oil. Took it back to the dealer and they reset the light.

Comment

• Thad
              • Jun 2011

Ah see, if you read my tip above you would have saved the trip!
              Thad Kirk
              Board Member -FIAT Club America www.FiatClubAmerica.com
              1965 Fiat 600D
              1971 Fiat 850 Racer
              1981 Fiat Spider 2000
              1984 Pininfarina Azzurra
              2013 Abarth
              sigpic

Comment

• biglenny
                • May 2012

Mine came on at 3750 miles. This worked perfectly - thanks.

Comment

• Visivo
                  • Feb 2012

My 'change oil' warning message / light just came on at ~3700 miles. I thought I didn't have to change until 8000. Do I really need to change my oil so soon? How long do I have from the time the light goes on (100 miles? 200 miles?) before I should worry about causing damage? I should note that I checked the oil level and that at least is fine.

Thanks,

- Jordan

Comment

• Bisbonian
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by Visivo
                    My 'change oil' warning message / light just came on at ~3700 miles. I thought I didn't have to change until 8000. Do I really need to change my oil so soon? How long do I have from the time the light goes on (100 miles? 200 miles?) before I should worry about causing damage? I should note that I checked the oil level and that at least is fine.

Thanks,

- Jordan
                    There are two different maintenance schedules programmed into the car. The regular duty schedule is for 8k mile oil changes, the heavy duty schedule is around 4k.

Lots of short trips may have you in the heavy duty schedule.

Comment

• Visivo
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Bisbonian
                      There are two different maintenance schedules programmed into the car. The regular duty schedule is for 8k mile oil changes, the heavy duty schedule is around 4k.

Lots of short trips may have you in the heavy duty schedule.
                      I see. So does the duty schedule change / adapt over time? Or am I always stuck in the 'heavy duty' schedule?

- Jordan

Comment

• SeaDawg
                        Lifetime Member
                        Lifetime Member
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Visivo
                        I see. So does the duty schedule change / adapt over time? Or am I always stuck in the 'heavy duty' schedule?
                        - Jordan
                        Each time you reset the oil change indicator it starts evaluating your driving from the reset to determine what cycle to use for the new period. Rumor or indirect information has it that it makes the determination in the 1st 500 miles after the reset...again, no confirmation on that tidbit.
                        Max
                        FIAT Number 1:
                        2012 Rosso Sport - 5M
                        FIAT Number 2:
                        2013 Grigio Abarth - 5M
                        FIAT Number 3:
                        2013 Bianco Perla Pop - 6A
                        FIAT Number 4:
                        2016 Verde Chiaro Sport (Automatic)
                        Avorio Interior
                        Automatic Temperature Control A/C
                        UConnect Touch Screen with AM/FM/Sirius Radio

2019 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring

Comment

• tgssa9
                          • Oct 2013

After a lengthy search on the net, I found Wiki answers gave me the real how to answer this morning. The guy who posted it was also kind enough to say it is on page 143 of the owner's manual. Anyway, to reset the triangular general warning light that goes on, in my case right after an oil change, simply turn the ignition key on but just to the first click (DO NOT START THE CAR). Pump the accelerator 3 times all the way to the floor, within 10 seconds. Then simply turn off the key. It worked great and the warning light did not come back on when I later started the car and drove. Hurray! Thanks to Wiki.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                            Amministratore
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by tgssa9
                            After a lengthy search on the net, I found Wiki answers gave me the real how to answer this morning. The guy who posted it was also kind enough to say it is on page 143 of the owner's manual. Anyway, to reset the triangular general warning light that goes on, in my case right after an oil change, simply turn the ignition key on but just to the first click (DO NOT START THE CAR). Pump the accelerator 3 times all the way to the floor, within 10 seconds. Then simply turn off the key. It worked great and the warning light did not come back on when I later started the car and drove. Hurray! Thanks to Wiki.
                            It's been posted here before on the first page of this thread and if you click on the how to button on the nav bar above there is a how to on changing the oil and resetting the light.
                            Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                            fiat 500 forum signature
                            abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• tim.collier
                              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Thad
                              The EVIC will display Oil Change Required message and light the yellow triangle light will come on when the computer decides that it is time to change your oil. If you change your own oil, or the servicing dealer is too stupid to know this, there is a trick to reset the warning and start the counter at the beginning.
                              1. Turn key to on position. Do not start motor.
                              2. Within 5 seconds, push fully on the gas pedal three times.

That's it!
                              Thank you so much. I change my oil every 3000 miles. I have just a little over 7000 miles on the odometer and the triangle appeared.
                              Now the triangle is gone.

Comment