500 Madness

Thread: Air Filter Replacement

Air Filter Replacement

I am planning on replacing the Original Air Filter with the High Flow Air Filter that 500 Madness sells. Do I have to remove the entire Air Box to change it or do I just have to remove the 3 screws from the front of the air box on top? Anybody done this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by WIBOB View Post
    I am planning on replacing the Original Air Filter with the High Flow Air Filter that 500 Madness sells. Do I have to remove the entire Air Box to change it or do I just have to remove the 3 screws from the front of the air box on top? Anybody done this yet?
    It's easy, Just pull off the engine cover and remove the three screws from the front of the air box. Pivot the front lid and the air filter pulls out.

Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Abarthlyness (09-12-2011)

Fiat500USA thanks for the info and the picture. Now just have to wait for the Filter to get here

Fiat500USA thanks for the info and the picture. Now just have to wait for the Filter to get here
    Glad to be able to help! Fill us in when you get it.

Did the filter swap today. Had to remove the intake hose so the filter cover could move far enough to get the filter out. Also, it appears that the filter is put in backwards as compaired to other filters I have put in cars. The pleated section of the filter faces outward instead of inward toward the intake. Need to try it now and will let you know if I see any positve results compared to the original filter. I am getting 41 to 43 mpg with the original filter and with the increased air flow I am expecting a little more.

Boy does the filter replacement make a big difference on accleration. It was like I had the Sport Button pushed!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WIBOB For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (09-20-2011)

RoadRace Motorsports
    Boy does the filter replacement make a big difference on accleration. It was like I had the Sport Button pushed!
    Cool, thanks for the update. I'm interested in if there is a fuel mileage difference. Let us know when you can.