Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Boost gauge not working after storage, but shift light works

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hugo L.
    • Jan 2018

Boost gauge not working after storage, but shift light works

I took my car out of storage today. The battery was disconnected. As I was driving home, I noticed that my boost gauge was not working. I disabled the shift light in the settings, but when I start the car, it does light up.

Is the whole gauge independent from the shift light? The car pulls hard and I don't feel any power loss. The gauge's needle just doesn't move at all. What should be my troubleshooting course of action?
    2013 500C Abarth - Manual - Bianco exterior - Rosso/nero leather interior
    Neu-F short shift adapter | Eurocompulsion V3 intake | Sprint air filter | Eurocompulsion ram air elbow | Eurocompulsion boost leak fix kit | Alfa Romeo 4C ignition coils | GFB DV+ diverter valve | 500T Black-trimmed tail lights | Energy rear bumpstops | «Zonkered» rear stock springs | KYB rear Corvette shocks | 25mm Corsa Forza Performance rear torsion bar | Corsa Forza Performance lower subframe brace
  • map
    • Dec 2018

Maybe reset the settings back and see?

Comment

• Hugo L.
      • Jan 2018

You mean, by unplugging the battery? I tried looking for a fuse for it, to no avail.
      Neu-F short shift adapter | Eurocompulsion V3 intake | Sprint air filter | Eurocompulsion ram air elbow | Eurocompulsion boost leak fix kit | Alfa Romeo 4C ignition coils | GFB DV+ diverter valve | 500T Black-trimmed tail lights | Energy rear bumpstops | «Zonkered» rear stock springs | KYB rear Corvette shocks | 25mm Corsa Forza Performance rear torsion bar | Corsa Forza Performance lower subframe brace

Comment

• smark
        • Apr 2014

Corrupt software possible. Vacuum leak to the gauge.
        Last edited by smark; 05-08-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Hugo L.
          • Jan 2018

Isn’t the stock gauge only fed by an electronic signal coming from a harness? I rewatched NGEN’s Perrin boost gauge installation vid and there doesn’t seem to be a vacuum line connected to the factory gauge.
          Last edited by Hugo L.; 05-08-2021, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
            Amministratore
            • Feb 2011

Just a thought: on just about all my old cars i would have to take my finger and flick it a few rimes against the gauge to get them to work. Maybe try tapping the side of the boost gauge to see if that frees up the needle.

The reset idea is also something I would do after that. Good luck and let us know.
            Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
            fiat 500 forum signature
            abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• map
              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Hugo L.
              You mean, by unplugging the battery? I tried looking for a fuse for it, to no avail.
              I was thinking... maybe reset to display the shift light and see if the gauge works. I tried turning off shift lights on my '18 Pop and the in-speedo tach still worked, but don't know about Abarth.

Comment

• map
                • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
                Just a thought: on just about all my old cars i would have to take my finger and flick it a few rimes against the gauge to get them to work. Maybe try tapping the side of the boost gauge to see if that frees up the needle.
                I love how retro that sounds.

The Haynes Millennium Falcon repair manual showed where to smack the console.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                  Amministratore
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by map
                  I love how retro that sounds.

The Haynes Millennium Falcon repair manual showed where to smack the console.
                  Haha! I think I've seen people do that to gauges on aircrafts, so if it's good enough for a plane, it's good enough for an old Fiat.

fiat 500 forum signature
                  abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Hugo L.
                    • Jan 2018

I smacked it around (that's actually the first thing that I did, LOL!), and it doesn't work. The lighting in it does work though. WTF...

Comment

• Hugo L.
                      • Jan 2018

The stealer wants around 500$ for a new gauge. I'll remove the current one, see if a dislodged wire harness could be the culprit, and if not, I'll go the aftermarket route. Not paying 500$ for a stock boost gauge that doesn't actually read boost.

Comment

• pasomoto
                        • Oct 2019

I bet it’s something simple like a loose ground or faulty connection at a plug pin.

Comment

• Hugo L.
                          • Jan 2018

I’ll look into that. Strangely enough, I didn’t find a specific fuse for the gauge (nor for the various interior illumination or clusters, for that matter).

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                            Amministratore
                            • Feb 2011

Here's a video showing how to get to the gauge and some of the wiring.

from this thread: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...l=1#post715232

From another thread we have here on this forum:

Originally posted by nyc eng
                            Install wasn't too bad, the Defi gauge matches the factory colors really well and looks like it belongs there.

I was just wondering, are you guys also getting a flicker on startup? I was curious what the wiring diagram said the connecting wires were for and I saw other people connected the ground from the Defi gauge to the blk/vio wire which is a "gauges sig" wire.

Side note, boost is held really well on partial throttle. Explains why this car is very far from feeling off/on.

stock - 3rd gear pull to 5400rpms
                            Last edited by Fiat500USA; 05-11-2021, 09:43 AM. Reason: added some more info from our forum

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• Hugo L.
                              • Jan 2018

Very helpful, many thanks. I'm a little reluctant to go the aftermarket route only because of the electrical connections. This car seems to be very sensitive to that. I once tried to replace the OE dome lights with LEDs and fried many fuses, and feared for the BCM.

Comment