Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

First off, what brands of bearings are you using? Even a couple of the name brands have been noted to fail (front and rear) on the Fiat. Are you sourcing...

Ah, I've missed you Ted. Yeah, $145 is MSRP (dealer price). Around $16 to replace each unit. That's why people don't go to the dealer until they've checked...

OK, so you guys say Turbo coils won't work on the non-turbo. We know Alfa coils work on the turbo car... but they also work on the N/A models?

Go with Alfa coil pacs, expensive but smooth acceleration without hesitation = worth the price

https://500madness.com/start-shopping/pe...

Prices are all over the place for TPMS sensors and the quality varies. I wouldn't kick yourself too hard because you got the best ones out there, so youll...

Well...Welcome back Tedolph.

I got four new sensors as preventative maintenance with a four tire purchase at Costco. Paid Feb 2021 $43.89...

Only 11 weeks away to Ottawa Viva Italia Car Concorso and Italia Car Parade June 14 to 16
This is the only place to be on Fathers Day

These are the Gold winner for the 9th Italian Car Day event

Fernado Pasquale 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Alessandro Pellerito 1971...

Fiat X1/9: The Affordable Mid-Engine Sports Car That's Still Addictively Fun Today - autoevolution
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/fiat-x1-9...

Don't miss this event held in little Italy Montreal !!!...

This will be one of the largest gatherings of Italian Cars
Clubs form Toronto , Montreal and Ottawa will be attending ;

Toronto is...

Well, after 12 years and 90k miles, I also finally got the dreaded "Tire Pressure Monitoring System Unavailable" dashboard warning during startups....

I've checked the last few tanks, and the on-board measurement is consistently higher than what I calculate at the pump by 5-8%. Obviously it is not a...

Still getting about 42.5 mpg in mixed driving in my 2012 pop.

Only use the cheapest regular gas, not 91.

Tedolph

It should, Not sure if the others spoilers, need the roof pins....

Sure it will!...

nice idea!

but you should have had the sharp joins coming out the bottom of the rest..not the top

If you take the parts out of the equation, what's left is the installation and driving over curbs, which I don't think you are doing. It sounds like...

Buyback bc of dead HV battery

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eletricento
    • Mar 2018

Buyback bc of dead HV battery

Dealer says HV Battery is bad. Still under warranty but they want to do a Buyback instead of replacing battery. Anyone else in this predicament? Is there any room for price negotiation? Do I have the option to repair it?

A little background on the issue here:
    http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...ft-into-D-or-R
    Last edited by eletricento; 02-28-2021, 12:54 AM.
  • map
    • Dec 2018

That makes sense on Fiat's side, since the battery will cost over $30K to install.
    Battery kit. Hybrid. Pack, related, st, hv. 2018 Fiat 500E 83 kW Electric Motor BATTERY ELECTRIC. Genuine Fiat Part - 68454377AA (68237834AA, 68237834AB, 68237834AD, 68237834AE, 68237834AF). Ships from Libertyville IL

Comment

• aelfwyne
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by map
      That makes sense on Fiat's side, since the battery will cost over $30K to install.
      https://www.mymoparpart.com/p/Fiat_2...8454377AA.html
      I'm sorry that is just insulting.... they're basically making cars to be throwaway items at this rate.
      2015 Rosso Abarth - MAD FIAT - 5 Speed - Phase 2
      2015 Granito Lucente 500T - Proyecto Estupido (Salvage) - Auto - OFT Stage 1
      2017 Fiat 124 Classica 6MT - WHUT????

Comment

• BigDaddySRT
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by aelfwyne
        I'm sorry that is just insulting.... they're basically making cars to be throwaway items at this rate.
        FCA lost money on every single 500e produced. $20 says that same rationale is continuing with the "new" 500e.
        2023 DODGE Durango R/T - HEMI Orange
        Pitch Black, 8 Speed ZF, Fully Optioned

"I thought you had a HEMI. Yeah, I had to have a footprint gas pedal installed. So I stole this pile."

2013 500 ABARTH
        Nero

2014 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 2nd G Street
        2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,2021 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared
        2022 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 3rd Place, Extreme Street B (NEON ACR Coupe)

Comment

• smark
          • Apr 2014

Electrocento, I thought the 500EV batteries, had a 8 year 80K mile warranty on them. If you not head over heals loan wise. Let them buy the car back, at the current market value. Go out, and purchase another 500e of equal cost, and mileage. Lots of good used ones, out there, to choose from.

Shop new and used vehicles for sale at Cars.com. Research, compare, and save listings, or contact sellers directly from 2,657 vehicles nationwide.

Good Luck, on what ever decision you make.
          Last edited by smark; 02-28-2021, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• ElectricTireShredder
            • Feb 2020

Battery shows as $1149.50 here, list price $1745:

2013 500e has been my only car since 2015.

Comment

• map
              • Dec 2018

I remember that listing, also. That fits the 2013 only... not sure what the difference is in the mounting or why the huge price difference. I think there's been a major price increase recently?

For the 2014+, that site shows a similar cost, but you can purchase a rebuilt battery for $4K ($6100 at the dealer). https://www.mymoparpart.com/a/Fiat_2.../i2304238.html

I don't know if the dealer would install a rebuilt pack. There is also the option of sending the existing battery off to one of the rebuild shops.
              Last edited by map; 02-28-2021, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• smark
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by map
                I remember that listing, also. That fits the 2013 only... not sure what the difference is in the mounting or why the huge price difference. I think there's been a major price increase recently?

For the 2014+, that site shows a similar cost, but you can purchase a rebuilt battery for $4K ($6100 at the dealer). https://www.mymoparpart.com/a/Fiat_2.../i2304238.html

I don't know if the dealer would install a rebuilt pack. There is also the option of sending the existing battery off to one of the rebuild shops.
                If anything it will be a brand new battery pack, off the self. With maybe, another 8 year, 80K mile warranty. Plus labor to install. I really don’t think anyone rebuilds these battery packs. What ever good Used batteries go off to other uses.

Comment

• ElectricTireShredder
                  • Feb 2020

Original warranty is 8y/100k by law. They have no reason to extend that if replaced. Reportedly FIAT rebuilds all the warranty returns, using the good cells from other returned packs & then shipping them back as replacements. There's also at least one shop in Europe that imports them & rebuilds the packs as needed (sometimes a cell gone too low-voltage in transit). Most reports I've seen are like 3 bad cells, meaning 94 good ones, so well worth rebuilding.

If anything there should be a price drop, as battery costs have supposedly gone down about 85% since 2013.

Home rebuild of "bad" pack. Fixed coolant leak & it was fine:

8cluster_replaced.jpg

Dealership installing warranty unit. Someone said the part #s show it as rebuilt:

20190626_174828.jpg20190626_174838_HDR.jpg
                  Last edited by ElectricTireShredder; 02-28-2021, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• map
                    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by smark
                    If anything it will be a brand new battery pack, off the self. With maybe, another 8 year, 80K mile warranty. Plus labor to install. I really don’t think anyone rebuilds these battery packs. What ever good Used batteries go off to other uses.
                    I don't know if anyone outside Fiat still rebuilds packs (for profit) but when I was looking for a 500e (3 years ago) there were at least 3 shops you could send the batts to.

Yes, Fiat sells rebuilt packs. Part# 68454380AA as opposed to 68454377AA for new. Most rebuilt packs had a 1 or 2 year warranty... not sure what Fiat offers. I thought the rebuilt packs were what Fiat was putting in as warranty packs... at least what I read on one of the forums.
                    Last edited by map; 02-28-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• smark
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by map
                      Yes, Fiat sells (or sold) rebuilt packs. Part# 68454380AA
                      That’s $4k Wow!. Plus installation labor.

This one is much cheaper.....

I’d take the buy out, and run.

Comment

• ElectricTireShredder
                        • Feb 2020

That second, cheaper link is the same one I sent earlier, which was later noted as 2013-only, so it might not fit this thread's 2014.

I believe the first pic I attached cost the owner almost nothing but his own labor. Just one small seal that was leaking.

Second pic cost $0, including installation labor, all covered by warranty.

IF the price was right I'd take the buy out too, & run to get another one. After all, as one of the very few owners ever having a battery failure, odds are even better for not having it happen to you twice!
                        Last edited by ElectricTireShredder; 03-01-2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• qorray
                          • Jan 2020

Wow, makes sense though due to cost. At least you have a solution, consider yourself lucky. Next question is there buyback offer at least any good, I hope so and will make them look good for standing by the 500e. +1 take it and run....

Comment

• PLP
                            • Sep 2016

Originally posted by eletricento
                            Dealer says HV Battery is bad. Still under warranty but they want to do a Buyback instead of replacing battery. Anyone else in this predicament? Is there any room for price negotiation? Do I have the option to repair it?

A little background on the issue here:
                            http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...ft-into-D-or-R
                            So what are the condition of buy back?

Maybe it is worth of you to sell them the car and get another one?

Because so far you provided nothing about how they want to proceed and everyone is speculating now.
                            If they offer you what you paid for (for example you got a great deal at 5'000 OTD), it would be bad... but if they offer MSRP minus wear due to miles driven - that might be a great deal.

So come back with numbers and we can think of it.

You may get some used battery and get it replaced. Talk to your dealer, maybe they are more helpful. Maybe some guys run their own shops or a friend of a friend...

Unless you thought with them and all bridges are burnt now.
                            Current rides: 2003 Porsche Boxster, 2019 Chevy Bolt LT, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium
                            Previous rides: 2014 FIAT 500e, 2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T, 2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD, 2015 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, M/T, and many more...

Comment

• rkw
                              • Mar 2015

What exactly are the options? If you decline the buyback, they must do the warranty repair?

Comment