Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

New owner and need help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saddleup
    • Feb 2021

New owner and need help

Can any one help me? I am a new owner of 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth GQ and my convertible roof is stuck open. I opened as usual and the right side went back further than left and jammed? What do I do?
  • texanbrit
    Lifetime Member
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Saddleup
    Can any one help me? I am a new owner of 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth GQ and my convertible roof is stuck open. I opened as usual and the right side went back further than left and jammed? What do I do?
    I hope you have a warranty if you're a new owner. It's likely that one of the guides on the left has broken and will need to be replaced. You can try to see if a dealership can fix it for you, but they are likely to want to replace the whole top ($4000+).

Here's an older thread that addressed it. http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...Fiat-500c-2015
    2013 500c Abarth - Isabella (race car)
    2013 500 Abarth - Igor (Project Daily)
    2012 500 Pop - Popabella (engine rebuild ongoing)
    2014 500L - The Hulk (falling apart)

Comment

• harrington
      • May 2014

Hope you bought a warranty. Very expensive fix and very common problem.

Comment

• map
        • Dec 2018

texanbrit likely has the problem identified, but you may be lucky. It is possible one of the retracting cables broke... and *fingers crossed* nothing else broke. You might try tapping the forward side backwards to see if you can get it freed up. If that works I'd probably use the manual crank to move the top closed then remove the fuse until the top can be repaired. You don't want to burn out the motor or do further damage.

Comment

• smark
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by map
          texanbrit likely has the problem identified, but you may be lucky. It is possible one of the retracting cables broke... and *fingers crossed* nothing else broke. You might try tapping the forward side backwards to see if you can get it freed up. If that works I'd probably use the manual crank to move the top closed then remove the fuse until the top can be repaired. You don't want to burn out the motor or do further damage.

Is there a manual crank on the 500c? I know my sunroof car has one.

To the op, I’d run you car, by a soft top shop. They might be able, to Sort your issue out. You might try this first.

Power Convertible Top Relearn Procedure

If your power convertible top does not operate in the Auto Open/Close mode (auto-
          matically opening to the 1/4 open and 3/4 open comfort stops), or if the trunk lid does
          not open - the following relearn procedure may be necessary.
          1. Confirm that the doors and trunk lid are closed.
          2. Begin with the top in the fully closed position (using manual mode).
          3. Hold the OPEN button to move the top to the fully open position.
          4. CONTINUE to hold the OPEN button for an additional three seconds.
          5. Release the OPEN button.
          6. Hold the CLOSED button to move the top to the fully closed position.
          7. CONTINUE to hold the CLOSED button until the top begins to cycle fully open, then
          release the CLOSED button

Here a video on how to fix a soft top.

Last edited by smark; 02-10-2021, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• tvmaster
            • Oct 2018

Originally posted by texanbrit
            I hope you have a warranty if you're a new owner. It's likely that one of the guides on the left has broken and will need to be replaced. You can try to see if a dealership can fix it for you, but they are likely to want to replace the whole top ($4000+).

Here's an older thread that addressed it. http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...Fiat-500c-2015
            Would a retractable roof be considered a “wear and tear” item, like brakes, door handles, clutch, etc.? If so, I’d be surprised if an extended warranty would cover it. Maybe the factory warranty would? Anyone ever run into this before, warranty wise?
            Last edited by tvmaster; 02-11-2021, 01:42 PM.
            2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• map
              • Dec 2018

I don't own a 500C, but several videos say there's a manual crank handle in the tool kit. This video shows disassembly and refers to using the handle (a couple times) starting at 7:30 in the video. As texanbrit said, when the lower guide lock breaks, one side can be lower than the other and it all jams up... and this is how one was repaired. It's a lot of work but he found used parts from another broken top.

This guy shows how it works and how to use the manual crank (about 1:00 into the video).

Comment

• smark
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by tvmaster
                Would a retractable roof be considered “wear and tear” item, like brakes, door handles, clutch, etc.? Of so, I’d be surprised if an extended warranty would cover it. Maybe the factory warranty would? Anyone ever run into this before, warranty wise?
                It’s not a wear and tear item. If the car, is still under the factory warranty. The convertible top would be covered. Failed components.
                Last edited by smark; 02-11-2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• BigDaddySRT
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by smark
                  It’s not a wear and tear item. If the car, is still under the factory warranty. The sunroof would be covered.
                  The original poster has a 500C Cabriolet/ Convertible not a sunroof.
                  2023 DODGE Durango R/T - HEMI Orange
                  Pitch Black, 8 Speed ZF, Fully Optioned

"I thought you had a HEMI. Yeah, I had to have a footprint gas pedal installed. So I stole this pile."

2013 500 ABARTH
                  Nero

2014 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 2nd G Street
                  2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,2021 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared
                  2022 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 3rd Place, Extreme Street B (NEON ACR Coupe)

Comment

• tvmaster
                    • Oct 2018

Originally posted by BigDaddySRT
                    Which is why I wondered about 'wear and tear'
                    2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• smark
                      • Apr 2014

I know miss written. Fixed!

Thanks glad you noticed.
                      Last edited by smark; 02-11-2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• BigDaddySRT
                        • Jul 2012

Which is why I wondered about 'wear and tear'
                        This is why everyone should read their Warranty Information Manual:

Basic Limited Warranty Coverage
                        4 year/ 50,000 Mile

2.1 Basic Limited Warranty
                        A. Who Is Covered?
                        You are covered by the Basic Limited Warranty if you are a purchaser for use of the vehicle.
                        B. What’s Covered
                        The Basic Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair any item on your vehicle
                        when it left the manufacturing plant that is defective in material, workmanship or factory preparation. There is
                        no list of covered parts since the only exception is tires. You pay nothing for these repairs covered by the Basic
                        Limited Warranty. These warranty repairs or adjustments - including all parts and labor connected with them —
                        will be made by your authorized FIAT repair facility at no charge, using new or remanufactured parts.

A 2014 FIAT 500 would have lost it's Basic Limited Warranty in 2018.
                        2023 DODGE Durango R/T - HEMI Orange
                        Pitch Black, 8 Speed ZF, Fully Optioned

"I thought you had a HEMI. Yeah, I had to have a footprint gas pedal installed. So I stole this pile."

2013 500 ABARTH
                        Nero

2014 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 2nd G Street
                        2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,2021 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared
                        2022 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 3rd Place, Extreme Street B (NEON ACR Coupe)

Comment

• tvmaster
                          • Oct 2018

This is why everyone should read their Warranty Information Manual:

Basic Limited Warranty Coverage
                          4 year/ 50,000 Mile

2.1 Basic Limited Warranty
                          A. Who Is Covered?
                          You are covered by the Basic Limited Warranty if you are a purchaser for use of the vehicle.
                          B. What’s Covered
                          The Basic Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair any item on your vehicle
                          when it left the manufacturing plant that is defective in material, workmanship or factory preparation. There is
                          no list of covered parts since the only exception is tires. You pay nothing for these repairs covered by the Basic
                          Limited Warranty. These warranty repairs or adjustments - including all parts and labor connected with them —
                          will be made by your authorized FIAT repair facility at no charge, using new or remanufactured parts.

A 2014 FIAT 500 would have lost it's Basic Limited Warranty in 2018.
                          Clutch ISN’T covered after 12 months, which I discovered by reading my warranty

Comment

• smark
                            • Apr 2014

Clutch ISN’T covered after 12 months, which I discovered by reading my warranty
                            Worn upholstery, lightbulbs, brakes, clutches, wipers, batteries etc. Same with any automobile brand. Nothing new. Surprise you didn’t know that.

When I bought my 500. Fiat offered free Maintenance service , for up to 3 year, and 36k miles. Got free head light replacement, wipers, Air filters cabin filters tire rotations, oil changes free. Fiat even replace my car battery which died premature free. It’s a shame Fiat drop that incentive, mid 2012.

Comment

• tvmaster
                              • Oct 2018

Sarcasm, sir.

Comment