Hello, I'm thinking about upgrading my factory ignition coils to the Alfa 4C ones and have a few questions/concerns that i hope you can help me with. Unlike many of you, i believe in keeping my cars stock or close to stock unless an upgrade makes sense in drivability and performance without sacrificing something else. i have checked out the YouTube videos that cover the coil upgrade and feel that this is a worthy upgrade but i would appreciate your feedback on the following:
1. How would it affect my warranty? My 500 Abarth is one year old and still has a few years of factory warranty that I don't want to lose.
2. i saw one person say the factory engine cover will not fit after replacing the coils. Is that true?
3. Horsepower and torque gains are always appreciated but it's not my main intention for this upgrade. I am looking for more engine refinement and responsiveness. With that said, do the Alfa 4C coils give more refinement and responsiveness through out the rev range? especially pulling away from a stop? the stock setup is kind of lumpy for the first 30 mph or so.
4. if i change the coils, should i change spark plugs too?
5. Not that's it's an important point but do the mpg's get affected either up or down and if so by how much.
Thanks in advance for your advise.