Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Well, it looks like FIAT might be leaving...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rocco Reviews...
    Lifetime Member
    • May 2020

Well, it looks like FIAT might be leaving...

The 500L and 124 got discontinued, and the 500X got a $300 price jump. In 5 years or something, the prices of the Abarth models might go up. I’ve been keeping a close eye on this brand, since they came back in 2011, it’s sad to see them fall off a cliff over here.
    Cars:
    2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE
    2014 FIAT 500 Pop Automatic
    Mods: Stock... painfully, stock.
  • MarkL
    • Nov 2017

I wasn't aware that the 500L and 124 were discontinued. Where did you hear that?

Comment

• map
      • Dec 2018

They've been planning on dropping both for most of 2020. Now it's apparently official. I think Fiat started rethinking the 124 when Mazda announced they were going to make changes to lighten the car... not sure it would still accommodate the Fiat driveline.

The Miata-based Fiat 124 Spider and the 500L hatchback are both being killed off. Neither will be offered as a 2021 model. The 500X gets a small price hike
      Last edited by map; 12-24-2020, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• Rocco Reviews...
        Lifetime Member
        • May 2020

Originally posted by MarkL
        I wasn't aware that the 500L and 124 were discontinued. Where did you hear that?
        It popped up on my Google feed this morning, I forgot where it was from.
        Cars:

Comment

• Rocco Reviews...
          Lifetime Member
          • May 2020

I also noticed that the prices of Abarth's have been going up recently, now, 2014 models are going for like, 15 grand. 2015 Pop's with similar mileage to my mom's car, 10 grand, only it was about a month ago, where Abarth's were 10k, and Pop's were 5.
          Cars:

Comment

• Tramonto
            Lifetime Member
            • Sep 2017

I read some where that the 500x is to be redone and called 500xl. Not sure where I saw this.

I also saw where RAM may add a RAM 1000. It is a rebadged FIAT. I am sure it is just brand politics and that the RAM brand needs something to lower their gas guzzler fees. My thinking, just sell it for what it is.
            ......................A FIAT..................
            Last edited by Tramonto; 12-24-2020, 10:06 AM. Reason: Added
            PRESENT Italian marquis
            2015 FIAT 500L (RIVA Tribute)
            ….. Looking at the 695 Revale for inspiration…..
            1997 Alfa Romeo 916 Spider - Cuore Sportivo edition
            PAST Italian marquis
            2015 Abarth Cabrio (695 Edizione Maserati Tribute)
            …..THANK YOU for voting me CAR OF YR 2021…..
            2015 FIAT 500 Sport
            1989 TC by Maserati (yes it’s a Maserati but sold by Chrysler)

Comment

• smark
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Rocco Reviews...
              I also noticed that the prices of Abarth's have been going up recently, now, 2014 models are going for like, 15 grand. 2015 Pop's with similar mileage to my mom's car, 10 grand, only it was about a month ago, where Abarth's were 10k, and Pop's were 5.
              There’s no demand for used Abarth’s. They haven’t increase in price. You can buy a used one 2014-2015 as low as, $9K. Low mileage ones for $13k. If I were going to spend $15k on a 500. I’d buy a brand new 2019 turbo Pop, for $13-14k. Full 4 year warranty. Still lots of them to buy, across the country.

Used retail, price Abarth’s.....

Last edited by smark; 12-24-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                Amministratore
                • Feb 2011

Unless some official information is cited, I would be cautious with making thread titles like this. Headlines like this don't help anyone, kills sales, depress the value of our cars and push dealers to pack it in.
                Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                fiat 500 forum signature
                abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• mp4guy
                  • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
                  Unless some official information is cited, I would be cautious with making thread titles like this. Headlines like this don't help anyone, kills sales, depress the value of our cars and push dealers to pack it in.
                  It's official. This is from Jalopnik, and a dozen magazines have chimed in

[B]"The news was buried in a press release about the 2021 Fiat 500X, of all things. Alongside the 124, the Fiat 500L — a vehicle I unscientifically consider the tallest and narrowest passenger car in existence today — is also being put out to pasture.

The end of the 124 Spider, though predictable, is upsetting to anyone who cherishes what few small and affordable enthusiast cars are left anymore, especially west of the Atlantic. Of course the Miata on which it’s based will remain a dependable source for cheap thrills, but there was always something special about the prospect of an inexpensive, Italian rear-wheel drive convertible. The fact the Abarth version had more power than the Miata (well, until the Miata got a sizable power bump last year) also helped its case.[
                  /B]

One more hint Fiat is leaving, When I bought my car, I was offered an Abarth Master Card. I took it, and it looked pretty neat, with the Abarth side emblem on the card. Then it became a Fiat card. And the next iteration of the card, shown on the payment portal barely mentions the name.
                  Phase 0, Neu-F Torque Bushing, Neu-F 28mm rear bar, El Gato Braces, Corsa Forza center brace, Front & Rear Koni Yellows, 4C coils, Craven Short Shifter, DeFi Boost Gauge, GFB-DV.

Abarth & Co. Corse Marche 38/72 Torino Tel. 794.894

Comment

• smark
                    • Apr 2014

I read, months ago. In Car and Driver. The 500L is dead, so is the 124. Fiat has nothing new to offer, at the moment.

The 500X sales numbers are extremely poor.

2015 9,463
                    2016 12,599
                    2017 7,665
                    2018 5,223
                    2019 2,519
                    2020 1,130

I wish Fiat would import the Toro truck, and the Tipo here. I really like the Toro pickup truck.

6948F080-9B1C-440E-9945-9063D9F09997.jpg

Last edited by smark; 12-24-2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Rocco Reviews...
                      Lifetime Member
                      • May 2020

Originally posted by smark
                      I read, months ago. In Car and Driver. The 500L is dead, so is the 124. Fiat has nothing new to offer, at the moment. The 500X sales numbers are really poor. Fiat should import the Toro truck here, and the Tipo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38459[/ATTACH]

And the new 500e.
                      Cars:

Comment

• lammie200

Like it or not all automobile manufactures are going to transition over to pure electric vehicles. If Stellantis (notice that buried in that word is "Atlantic" as in the Atlantic Ocean which is the figurative link between France and Italy to America) has a competitive advantage in electric technology I am pretty sure we will see something in the USA eventually. It's a shame that is can't be the current 500e though.
                        2017 Abarth Grigio Cenre SR | OEM Leather | OEM 17s | Max Flo Wrapped CAI | E+D Tune P1 | TMC Autoflash | 4C CPs | MPx AB Exhaust | RRM Turbo Blanket | Forge RBOV DV & WGA | ATM FMIC | PCV Catch Can | 5mm/16mm Spacers | Neu-F Rear Bar | DNA Lower & Side Braces & Camber Plates | 4 Konis | 4 Springs | GP End Links | MPx MC Bracket | Power Stop Z23 Pads & Rotors | 2" Steering Wheel Spacer

2013 Sport Argento SR - SOLD - | Many Mods

Comment

• smark
                          • Apr 2014

My 500, will be 10 years old next year. I’d be interested, and a brand new 500 E. Make mine the electric Abarth model. A Tesla eater.

It can’t just be a stand alone offering, from Fiat.

Last edited by smark; 12-24-2020, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• map
                            • Dec 2018

FCA has been toying with a smaller PU for a couple years. They brought in a couple camouflaged Toro last year for trails in the US. Ford is considering, and Hyundai is releasing, a smaller truck, so maybe FCA is looking at the same. It's hard to say what that smaller truck might be, though. It could be based on the 500X/Renegade platform or on the Jeep platform; maybe a Dakoda cut down.

Whatever their decision, it's likely to be Fiat inside. If the Tipo/Toro/Ram-1000 is the new smaller truck, they'll want to badge it with anything but a Fiat logo. 90% of older people never had any, even second hand, experience with Fiats... but "know" how unreliable/terrible they were. Based on how quickly new owners sold their cars, there's new generations with the same opinion. The average driver keeps their brand-new car for 6 years... much shorter for Fiats. There's also the US perception, "Fiat doesn't make trucks." The small trucks might also have to be built in the US/NAFTA. The "chicken tax" is still in effect... which adds 25% tax on any PU not seating 4 people, eliminating a useful sized bed.

Price increases for used Fiats isn't unexpected. All used cars currently have a higher value than they demanded 6-8 months ago.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                              Amministratore
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mp4guy
                              It's official. This is from Jalopnik, and a dozen magazines have chimed in

[B]"The news was buried in a press release about the 2021 Fiat 500X, of all things. Alongside the 124, the Fiat 500L — a vehicle I unscientifically consider the tallest and narrowest passenger car in existence today — is also being put out to pasture.

The end of the 124 Spider, though predictable, is upsetting to anyone who cherishes what few small and affordable enthusiast cars are left anymore, especially west of the Atlantic. Of course the Miata on which it’s based will remain a dependable source for cheap thrills, but there was always something special about the prospect of an inexpensive, Italian rear-wheel drive convertible. The fact the Abarth version had more power than the Miata (well, until the Miata got a sizable power bump last year) also helped its case.[
                              /B]

One more hint Fiat is leaving, When I bought my car, I was offered an Abarth Master Card. I took it, and it looked pretty neat, with the Abarth side emblem on the card. Then it became a Fiat card. And the next iteration of the card, shown on the payment portal barely mentions the name.
                              I'm not talking about the 500L and Spider. I'm talking about the title of the thread that is just speculation.
                              Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                              fiat 500 forum signature
                              abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment