Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Alfa Changes the Name of The New Milano to Junior!

Alfa Romeo has just changed the name of the recently unveiled Milano EV to "Junior" to appease Italian officials. Seems there...

My daughter has a Fiat 500 Abarth turbo to sell. Monument Colorado. Trying to find Fiat enthusiasts. [email protected]

Hello, please contact your local dealership for assistance with this part. You can find dealerships near you at www.fiatusa.com/find-dealer. If you need...

2.4's are known (throughout FCA body styles) for being hit and miss on excessive oil consumption...

They are commonly called "the boat...

Ask SBI for the definitive answer.
Get the persons name at SBI that you consult with...
Hope that helps

Manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the 2024 Fiat (500e)RED is $32,500, plus a $1,595 destination charge.

More details here below....

Yes, it should. Try it out....

What will the price range be??

Could you please tell me if it still works?

Here are some steps. Please follow them.
  1. Click on "User Settings" (located under your username at the top right).
  2. Select "Account."
  3. Go

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having an issue. An "ungodly" sound isn't too descriptive. What does it sound like? When does...

Valve length question

Hello,

2013 Abarth in Canada.

I had the typical burnt exhaust valve issue. I decided not to go with the OEM ones since first...

I am going to assume you mean Gen 1 because of cost.

Most Mechanical issues were corrected by 2017. If you do buy a 2016 make sure the motor...

What common issues should I look for in a 500x?

I'm looking at different cars and the 500x has crossed my mind. I'm wondering what issues I should look for because as a Fiat fan and someone needing...

Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier with bike attachment for sale

I have a like new Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier bars with a bicycle attachment. I bought it from Micks Garage in England - https://www.micksgara...

Automatic transmission? If that's an automatic it could be as simple as the battery being defective (or not fully charged).

I would start...

Yeah, Ford has a history of "minimal design". They want to save money and keep weight down so they design for using the least material. My neighbor's...

Help us raise funds to support Melanoma Canada.
Help us achieve our goal of raising $150,000 to help support the melanoma and skin cancer com

Limited Slip Differential

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sportfan
    Lifetime Member
    • Nov 2015

Limited Slip Differential

Has anybody tried a Quaife limited slip differential?
  • Eunospeed
    • Mar 2017

I could use limited slip for track days. Looking forward to feedback from the group.

Comment

• sportfan
      Lifetime Member
      • Nov 2015

A friend in Texas said the LSD he installed on his Abarth made the biggest handling improvement to his car.

Comment

• RRossi
        • May 2018

Have ordered one late last year, was told they are the best and have a lifetime warranty.

one day it will arrive and will get fitted, I can’t wait for this as running semi slicks is a nightmare with grip either on or off in tight right hand corners.

only bad thing about an LSD is it’s a gate way drug to spending more $$$ as you have to do a clutch and flywheel while your there.....

RR

Comment

• sportfan
          Lifetime Member
          • Nov 2015

I have already lightened my flywheel and had it balanced. I have a NIB Clutchmaster clutch on the shelf waiting on a LSD. I'm waiting on a price quote on the Quaife. Who did you order from? I also have a DNA Uniball on order. I need to get these parts together so I can install them before the next Twisted. ( was Twisted Sisters)

Comment

• sportfan
            Lifetime Member
            • Nov 2015

I ordered the Quaife yesterday. The vendor said it would be May before I get it. Nobody else made a LSD to fit my car that I found except the clutch type ,which I didn't want.

Comment

• gverelli
              • May 2017

Would love to hear your feedback in the future!

Comment

• doverosx
                Lifetime Member
                Lifetime Member
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by gverelli
                Would love to hear your feedback in the future!
                Spring for a wavetrac! If I didn’t have to get a new transmission, I was going to rebuild mine with a wavetrac. LSD with a strut FWD is transformative but a lot of money because you need to do 5 hours of labour just to get the transmission out... then you need to pull it apart, get bearings and other small items and continue on to the reverse of removal ;-).

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
                Power:ATM Fender Intake, Forge BOV, ATM FMIC, Tork AutoX Tune, Tork CC Catless DP, Turbosmart WGA, Ragazzon Twin Muffler Cat Back
                Handling: H&R 5mm spacers, El Gato Front Braces, Tork Collars, DoverLabs Coilovers, CPR lower brace, DNA Rear Sway Bar
                Misc: Schrothe QuickFit Harness, OBDLink MX+, Race Tires: 205/45/16 Falken RT660, Street/Drag: 205/45/16 Conti ECS, HAWK HPS5.0
                DSP/D-class (local club classing)
                #notscare

Comment

• sportfan
                  Lifetime Member
                  • Nov 2015

I'm not 100% sure of this but, I think it would be possible to install a LSD without pulling the transmission out. Last Oct. I pulled my transmission to change a differential bearing and install a new clutch. After the axles were pulled out I think there were 6 or 8 bolts holding the differential. It would be awkward to do from underneath but, I think it could be done. If the LSD is a complete drop-in then it might be easier than dropping the transmission. If you have to shim bearing preload like an OEM differential install,then I would pull the transmission . I will post feedback later.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                    Amministratore
                    • Feb 2011

Hmm... Below is a post from a thread on limited slips. Everything is coming apart so I would think you have to pull it.

Originally posted by Abarth500-GTech-RSSevo
                    Got a LSD installed. Amazing change in how the car is pulled into the corners now.

A couple of threads tagged with "limited slip differential"
                    Last edited by Fiat500USA; 01-14-2021, 03:05 PM. Reason: made clearer
                    Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                    fiat 500 forum signature
                    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• sportfan
                      Lifetime Member
                      • Nov 2015

I watch the clip and because of the differences in the transmissions I still think it can be done on the car. My car has the C514 transmission and the Abarth has the C510. If I can get this drawing to post , if you look at the lower right side that is the differential. About 6 or 8 bolts and it comes right off the transmission once the axles are pulled.Fiat500USA-Fiat C514 trans cutaway.jpg

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                        Amministratore
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by sportfan
                        I watch the clip and because of the differences in the transmissions I still think it can be done on the car. My car has the C514 transmission and the Abarth has the C510. If I can get this drawing to post , if you look at the lower right side that is the differential. About 6 or 8 bolts and it comes right off the transmission once the axles are pulled.[ATTACH=CONFIG]38590[/ATTACH]
                        Oops, I didn't catch what trans you were working with. You may be able to remove it in the car. Looking at the repair manual, it looks like you can unbolt the cover and remove the unit. They say to remove the bearing plates on either side and then the cover. I assume as long as you can get the bolts out of those plates the cover can be unbolted and removed.

Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                        fiat 500 forum signature
                        abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• BigDaddySRT
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by sportfan
                          I watch the clip and because of the differences in the transmissions I still think it can be done on the car. My car has the C514 transmission and the Abarth has the C510. If I can get this drawing to post , if you look at the lower right side that is the differential. About 6 or 8 bolts and it comes right off the transmission once the axles are pulled.[ATTACH=CONFIG]38590[/ATTACH]
                          Did you confirm with the manufacture that a C510 Differential will fit the C514?
                          2023 DODGE Durango R/T - HEMI Orange
                          Pitch Black, 8 Speed ZF, Fully Optioned

"I thought you had a HEMI. Yeah, I had to have a footprint gas pedal installed. So I stole this pile."

2013 500 ABARTH
                          Nero

2014 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 2nd G Street
                          2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,2021 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared
                          2022 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 3rd Place, Extreme Street B (NEON ACR Coupe)

Comment

• sportfan
                            Lifetime Member
                            • Nov 2015

I'm pretty sure that a C510 differential won't fit the C514 transmission. The Quaife QDH3K is listed as" Non-Abarth". If you watch the clip above and then look at the drawing you will see a big difference in the designs. Other than the Quaife LSD , the clutch type LSD's with springs and plates were the only thing I found to fit the C514 transmission. The Quaife is all gears and is a quality product.

Comment