Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having an issue. An "ungodly" sound isn't too descriptive. What does it sound like? When does...

Valve length question

Hello,

2013 Abarth in Canada.

I had the typical burnt exhaust valve issue. I decided not to go with the OEM ones since first...

I am going to assume you mean Gen 1 because of cost.

Most Mechanical issues were corrected by 2017. If you do buy a 2016 make sure the motor...

What common issues should I look for in a 500x?

I'm looking at different cars and the 500x has crossed my mind. I'm wondering what issues I should look for because as a Fiat fan and someone needing...

Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier with bike attachment for sale

I have a like new Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier bars with a bicycle attachment. I bought it from Micks Garage in England - https://www.micksgara...

Automatic transmission? If that's an automatic it could be as simple as the battery being defective (or not fully charged).

I would start...

Yeah, Ford has a history of "minimal design". They want to save money and keep weight down so they design for using the least material. My neighbor's...

Help us raise funds to support Melanoma Canada.
Help us achieve our goal of raising $150,000 to help support the melanoma and skin cancer com

that's a funny. One of the very few issues I had with my brand new fuel injected YUGO was the PCV hose used to freeze up in freezing weather and oil would...

We had a great time. Thanks to everyone that helped put the event together!

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth - Starts, But Not Moving

Hi all! I've got a 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth that has been sitting for almost 6 months. I have not used it in the winter since it's not a great vehicle where...

^^^ This ^^^ its one weak design point. I had the 225 slant six in my Dodge Coronet. Great engine but mine had a habit of blowing oil out of the breather...

Abarth 4C!

This is interesting. They're taking existing 4Cs and reinventing them as Abarths

https://www.motor1.com/news/716049/alfa-romeo-4c-return...

pin which locks the charging door is broken.

Hi
In my 500Ee the pin which locks the charging door is broken.
Any idea where I can get a replacement?

THX...

I didn't actually take the drain plug off. I sucked the oil out of it as the plug was not coming off and If you see the location, you'll...

lol Great vid. Originally I heard they might allow owners to customize the slow speed audio byte. I assume the killjoys at NAFTA nixed that for the US...

That's an interesting case on your 124. Can you get to the vent and run a wire down it? In the old days I'd see grease and, sometimes, diff oil break...

Interesting thoughts ideas here. I like the tip about using the door as leverage, though I'm afraid I'd find out my door pins are shot, too....

Wow big difference

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pooreboy83
    • Oct 2019

Wow big difference

On Sunday I finally got around to doing a tire swap. I took the stock Pirelli all seasons off and put on a set of 205/45/16 Federal 595 RS-R tires. On my way home this morning, I was able to hit .9G according to the computer. The car really felt much more planted. I just thought I would share.
  • texanbrit
    Lifetime Member
    • Nov 2014

It is one of the best upgrades I've done, and I've done a lot. The original equipment Pirellis are a serious disservice to the handling of the 500.
    2013 500c Abarth - Isabella (race car)
    2013 500 Abarth - Igor (Project Daily)
    2012 500 Pop - Popabella (engine rebuild ongoing)
    2014 500L - The Hulk (falling apart)

Comment

• LA2019
      • Mar 2014

Agree. The Pirelli's, when they are young and fresh, are good tires. But when they start going they go bad fast.

I just recently installed some Firestone Indy 500's and they are very nice tires for the money. I've only done a few hundred miles but so far I'm impressed.

ken
      2018 Fiat 500X Urbana AWD
      2011 Yamaha FZ8
      Springfield XD-S 45 EDC

Comment

• HalfPint
        • Nov 2019

Hmm - my OEM Pirellis are not all season.
        Completely stock 2016 500 Abarth, Rhino & Nero,
        2017 Jeep Renegade 1.4 Turbo, Anvil & Black
        2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Comment

• Pooreboy83
          • Oct 2019

I originally bought them because I wanted an additional set of rims for some winter tires. The Federal tires were only used for one track session, so I figured why not try them out. I'm going to try and make it one more , hopefully mild, winter out of them before I change fully to summers and winter's.

Comment

• mattsnapz
            Lifetime Member
            Lifetime Member
            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by LA2019
            Agree. The Pirelli's, when they are young and fresh, are good tires. But when they start going they go bad fast.

I just recently installed some Firestone Indy 500's and they are very nice tires for the money. I've only done a few hundred miles but so far I'm impressed.

the reflection in your pic looks like the car has an open wound & is looking undercoat onto the ground...kinda cool lol
            -2013 Gray 500 Abarth-Red/Black Leather-Sunroof-Climate Control-Manual Trans-60k+ miles-
            -Sila short cai-magneti marelli pedal control-

11 years living in the USA.....I'm from England where hot hatches are more common than pubs! Here, where I'm at in NH, not so much....

Comment

• rustbucket
              • May 2013

Originally posted by HalfPint
              Hmm - my OEM Pirellis are not all season.
              The factory 16" wheels came with P7's, the 17" wheels with P Zero's.
              2018 FIAT 500 Abarth- manual, 17" wheels, sunroof, perla white tricoat, red leather, bone stock (for now) daily driver

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn crew cab- 5.7L eTorque Hemi (mild hybrid), 3.92 rear axle, diamond black crystal pearl coat

2021 Harley-Davidson FLHR Road King, billiard red, RDRS

Comment

• HalfPint
                • Nov 2019

Originally posted by rustbucket
                The factory 16" wheels came with P7's, the 17" wheels with P Zero's.
                That makes sense. I just changed off my 16" rims with all seasons for the 17/P Zeros and have been liking them a lot. We put the Firestone Indy 500's on my wife's Fiesta ST and those are really nice too. I will probably try them on the Abarth after the P Zeros are worn out.
                Completely stock 2016 500 Abarth, Rhino & Nero,
                2017 Jeep Renegade 1.4 Turbo, Anvil & Black
                2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Comment

• rustbucket
                  • May 2013

That's the plan here, too- Indy 500's after the P Zero's wear out. Think I'll be doing well to get 20,000 miles out of the P Zeros but then again they and the Abarth tend to encourage "sporting" driving. They stick well, good in the rain and are communicative .... think I have a better sense of what's going on down there. The negatives for me- more treadlife would be nice but softer compounds and more aggressive driving has it's price. They don't like rain grooves; most of the time they let you know they are there but it's not bothersome but there's one particularly deep set on the way to the dealer where the car acts like it's possessed .... thought I was going to have to get a priest to perform an exorcism on the car. And they're awful in winter weather. About a week after I got the car last year I got caught in a freak April snowstorm and it was a bit of a handful. Last November while waiting for the wheels to show up for the new Blizzaks I got caught in another. Single digit temps, thought I had square tires until they warmed up. Snow and ice, it was a downright scary ride home ... the skidmarks left behind weren't found on the road. When they say "summer tire", they aren't kiddin'.
                  2018 FIAT 500 Abarth- manual, 17" wheels, sunroof, perla white tricoat, red leather, bone stock (for now) daily driver

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn crew cab- 5.7L eTorque Hemi (mild hybrid), 3.92 rear axle, diamond black crystal pearl coat

2021 Harley-Davidson FLHR Road King, billiard red, RDRS

Comment