Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

My 2015 Abarth Vrs My 2015 500L

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tramonto
    Lifetime Member
    • Sep 2017

My 2015 Abarth Vrs My 2015 500L

I thought it would be fun to compare my 2015 Abarth Cabrio automatic to my 2015 Fiat 500L automatic. I have owned and driven the Abarth for over 2 years as my daily driver. During that time I have slowly converted it to a Tribute to the 695 Edizione Maserati. It now has a heart throbbing 202hp with all the parts from the Edizione Maserati excluding the paddle shift and the cream interior. The car is truly a rush to drive. During the whole process of setting this car up I kept thinking what will be my next project. I had two in mind. One was take a Fiat 500 Sport and convert it to a flatbed pickup with storage under the flatbed. The second was take a Fiat 500L and convert it to a 2 door panel. I left both options on the table until the 7th of May 2020. At which point I located a 2015 Silver Lounge with all the options excluding the glass top (which I did not want) with only 22,300 miles on the clock and one owner for a final price of $9790.00 which started at $10,990.00. So needless to say on the 8th of May 2020 a drive from Chattanooga to Atlanta took place where my wife and I picked up the Fiat 500L. My first reaction was “this car is huge”! I felt like I was driving Miss Daisy in a Mac Truck. The first thing I did when I got home was to love on my Abarth. I cleaned and detailed it; then parked it in the garage. The 500L has now become my daily driver and call it my “old man” car. In other words I don’t drive it like the Abarth-a 67 year old who thinks he’s a teenager.
    So back to what this is all about, comparing one against the other and what I like and hate about both. They are both fantastic vehicles providing unquiet features and spirit. First, what do they have in common. Well they both have the word Fiat on the glass. They basically have the same powertrain, the 1.4 turbo at 160hp and have 17” wheels. They also have Uconnect and the Beats system. Did I mention that they both have the word Fiat on the glass? What is the most glaring feature that separates the two, SPACE. Sitting in the Abarth is like sitting in an upside down 6 oz tea cup (almost looks like one too, without the handle of course). Where as sitting in the 500L is like sitting in a 50 gallon aquarium, all that room, all that GLASS, (glad I did not get the glass top I would think that I was driving an atrium.) Being Italian cars they definitely have the European suspension, of course the Abarth is stiffer. I am shocked at the turning radius of the 500L, much tighter than the Abarth. Which I love by the way. To me the Recaro style seats in the Abarth are more comfortable and provide better support. The automatic up and down windows on the 500L is great! Why did they not offer that on the Abarth? The one item I have had the hardest time getting use too in the 500L is the gauge cluster. During the daylight they can be hard to see. I like the big honk’n single gauge on the Abarth. I know there are many other things that would stand out to other people but those are the ones that stood out the most to me.
    For now I have taken out the backseat of the 500L. That thing is heavy I thought my belly button was going to pop out when I lifted it up. I will slowly start the transition and try to think this through as I go. I look forward to your input and hope to see you on the road somewhere.
    PRESENT Italian marquis
    2015 FIAT 500L (RIVA Tribute)
    ….. Looking at the 695 Revale for inspiration…..
    1997 Alfa Romeo 916 Spider - Cuore Sportivo edition
    PAST Italian marquis
    2015 Abarth Cabrio (695 Edizione Maserati Tribute)
    …..THANK YOU for voting me CAR OF YR 2021…..
    2015 FIAT 500 Sport
    1989 TC by Maserati (yes it’s a Maserati but sold by Chrysler)