Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Does anyone have experience with Herb Chambers in Millbury, MA?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyT95
    • Mar 2020

Does anyone have experience with Herb Chambers in Millbury, MA?

Hi everyone,
    We recently purchased a '14 GQ from Carvana. We had our post purchase inspection done at Valenti Fiat in Hartford, CT. They didn't really check a damn thing because I had to mention to them that it looked like there was an oil leak in the PCV area to which they replaced just the PCV valve.

Fast forward a month or so and we are in the market for a Mopar Vehicle Protection plan for the Fiat. However, the vehicle needs another mechanical inspection completed before you can purchase the warranty coverage. This time we bring the car to Herb Chambers CDJRF in Millbury, MA on the basis of terrific service department reviews on DealerRater.com. They have the car in the shop for about 2.5 hours when the service advisor comes out and tells me the car has multiple oil leaks. Come to find out, the oil real leak was the right axle seal but they noticed and noted that there still appeared to be an oil leak from the PCV/oil separator area. I let them know that it was supposedly just replaced but they suggested replacing the entire oil separator assembly instead of just the PCV valve itself. Then I got the story about how people come from all over to have this one tech work on their Fiat/Alfa vehicles and he is very highly regarded "on all the Fiat and Alfa forums" - which is odd because I have Googled for quite a while and found nothing.

Does anyone have any experience with the service department at this Herb Chambers location?
    '14 GQ
  • Paulbob
    • Feb 2015

I've used the Herb Chambers Danvers location when my diagnostic software had a glitch and I needed them to program a key for me. I was very pleased. Not only were there several Fiats getting serviced while I was there, they seem to genuinely like the cars!

I've never heard of an oil leak from the PCV that wasn't just the o-ring seal. Ive done a couple. I think there's a revised part number for it.

Axle seal is unusual but not unheard of. I've done one. It's not difficult.

I'm very fussy about this stuff and have three Fiats so I understand your concern, but these two jobs are very simple so I don't think any Fiat tech could mess them up. That being said, they've already replaced the PCV/oil separator which was probably not necessary.

Those GQ models are beautiful, especially the stitched leather instrument binnacle. Hope you are enjoying it.

Comment

• mattsnapz
      Lifetime Member
      Lifetime Member
      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by AndyT95
      Hi everyone,
      We recently purchased a '14 GQ from Carvana. We had our post purchase inspection done at Valenti Fiat in Hartford, CT. They didn't really check a damn thing because I had to mention to them that it looked like there was an oil leak in the PCV area to which they replaced just the PCV valve.

Fast forward a month or so and we are in the market for a Mopar Vehicle Protection plan for the Fiat. However, the vehicle needs another mechanical inspection completed before you can purchase the warranty coverage. This time we bring the car to Herb Chambers CDJRF in Millbury, MA on the basis of terrific service department reviews on DealerRater.com. They have the car in the shop for about 2.5 hours when the service advisor comes out and tells me the car has multiple oil leaks. Come to find out, the oil real leak was the right axle seal but they noticed and noted that there still appeared to be an oil leak from the PCV/oil separator area. I let them know that it was supposedly just replaced but they suggested replacing the entire oil separator assembly instead of just the PCV valve itself. Then I got the story about how people come from all over to have this one tech work on their Fiat/Alfa vehicles and he is very highly regarded "on all the Fiat and Alfa forums" - which is odd because I have Googled for quite a while and found nothing.

Does anyone have any experience with the service department at this Herb Chambers location?
      haha sounds like this one tech is getting 'bigged' up because he's the only fiat tech for miles around!

i searched this morning fiat mechanics in new hampshire & that dealer & tech combo didnt even show up...go figure!
      -2013 Gray 500 Abarth-Red/Black Leather-Sunroof-Climate Control-Manual Trans-60k+ miles-
      -Sila short cai-magneti marelli pedal control-

11 years living in the USA.....I'm from England where hot hatches are more common than pubs! Here, where I'm at in NH, not so much....

Comment

• AndyT95
        • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Paulbob
        I've used the Herb Chambers Danvers location when my diagnostic software had a glitch and I needed them to program a key for me. I was very pleased. Not only were there several Fiats getting serviced while I was there, they seem to genuinely like the cars!

I've never heard of an oil leak from the PCV that wasn't just the o-ring seal. Ive done a couple. I think there's a revised part number for it.

Axle seal is unusual but not unheard of. I've done one. It's not difficult.

I'm very fussy about this stuff and have three Fiats so I understand your concern, but these two jobs are very simple so I don't think any Fiat tech could mess them up. That being said, they've already replaced the PCV/oil separator which was probably not necessary.

Those GQ models are beautiful, especially the stitched leather instrument binnacle. Hope you are enjoying it.
        We're really loving the car so far! And just to clarify, we brought it down to Valenti in Hartford for the initial post purchase inspection. At that point they replaced the o-ring and PCV valve itself. When we brought it to Herb Chambers for the Mopar Vehicle Protection plan inspection (required when purchasing one of their warranties on a used vehicle) they saw the residual oil on the valve cover and suggested the air/oil separator be replaced. We opted to just have it cleaned up and keep an eye on it. Thankfully, it seems that they were okay with that and corrected the inspection paperwork.

We bring it back Monday to have the axle seal replaced. We'll see how it goes. We plan on using these guys for everything from here on out, so hopefully it all goes well.

Originally posted by mattsnapz
        haha sounds like this one tech is getting 'bigged' up because he's the only fiat tech for miles around!

i searched this morning fiat mechanics in new hampshire & that dealer & tech combo didnt even show up...go figure!
        I had the same results when searching. The only reason we went with Herb Chambers in Millbury was because they were rated the second highest service department within 200 miles from our home on DealerRater.com. The only dealership service department scoring higher than them was Tasca CDJRF in Johnston, RI.
        '14 GQ

Comment