Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Largest tires on original wheels

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hermiabarth
    Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member
    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by CRJ900
    Ok I thought you Abarth experts would know what was considered stock on an 2016 Abarth but I guess you don’t - and believe me I had many sports and mussel cars - 65 GT350 serial 5S025, 71GTS Panthers, 69SS Chevelle, 69 GTO and many more - so the tires are 205 / 40 17” in front and same in back, I went to my mechanic and both of us were not sure if I could go one size larger - wider - both in front and back without interfering with the finder well that’s all. So I joined to see if anyone here knew or could help - thanks - believe you I can drive this car and I do enjoy it - thanks
    The people on this site know (unlike you) that the Abarth was available from the factory with a choice of 16" or 17" wheels. BTW it's "muscle", not "mussel".
    2016 Abarth Rosso: auto, sunroof, nero leather, electronic climate control, no Beats, ATM fmic, DNA chassis braces, Prometeo skid plate, 25mm tubular rear torsion bar, wheel stud conversion, E.C. V. 3 intake, GFB+ diverter valve, Gruvenparts billet oil filter canister, Euro 4th gen halo tail lights, LED headlights, fog lights, Kenwood Excelon DDX 9906 head unit, Neuspeed SS brake-lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, 50th Anniversary Abarth wheels, 205/40/17 Michelin Pilot AS4 tires.

Comment

• mattsnapz
      Lifetime Member
      Lifetime Member
      • Apr 2016

"Ok I thought you Abarth experts would know what was considered stock on an 2016 Abarth but I guess you don’t - and believe me I had many sports and mussel cars"

kinda rude & factually wrong. a simple google search shows even the un-expert...like yourself...what rims were available on a 2016 fiat 500 abath

if you have your own mechanic, go get several sets of different size tires, pop them on your broom-broom & then come back & educate us on your findings.

after youve done all that send the superfluous rounds of rubber back to the vendor & collect your refunded monetary outlay & youll receive lots of thanks 'clicks'
      -2013 Gray 500 Abarth-Red/Black Leather-Sunroof-Climate Control-Manual Trans-60k+ miles-
      -Sila short cai-magneti marelli pedal control-

11 years living in the USA.....I'm from England where hot hatches are more common than pubs! Here, where I'm at in NH, not so much....

Comment

• turbodharma
        • Sep 2018

215/40/17 for 17", or 205/45/16 for 16"...thats the max id go. 215/40 might be pushing it...plz get back to us and let us know if it worked? i can use this site to see whatll fit on my stock 16" rims: https://tiresize.com/calculator/
        2016 Abarth 500||Giallo Modena Perla||Sila FMIC||ATP high flow catted downpipe||EC v2.1 CAI||4c coil pack||gfb dv+||DNA rear sway bar||Tork Tune

Comment

• Hermiabarth
          Lifetime Member
          Lifetime Member
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by turbodharma
          215/40/17 for 17", or 205/45/16 for 16"...thats the max id go. 215/40 might be pushing it...plz get back to us and let us know if it worked? i can use this site to see whatll fit on my stock 16" rims: https://tiresize.com/calculator/
          There is a 215/35/17 tire available - see below:

2016 Abarth Rosso: auto, sunroof, nero leather, electronic climate control, no Beats, ATM fmic, DNA chassis braces, Prometeo skid plate, 25mm tubular rear torsion bar, wheel stud conversion, E.C. V. 3 intake, GFB+ diverter valve, Gruvenparts billet oil filter canister, Euro 4th gen halo tail lights, LED headlights, fog lights, Kenwood Excelon DDX 9906 head unit, Neuspeed SS brake-lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, 50th Anniversary Abarth wheels, 205/40/17 Michelin Pilot AS4 tires.

Comment

• turbodharma
            • Sep 2018

mb, i have 16's..i was just throwing my opinion in :P
            2016 Abarth 500||Giallo Modena Perla||Sila FMIC||ATP high flow catted downpipe||EC v2.1 CAI||4c coil pack||gfb dv+||DNA rear sway bar||Tork Tune

Comment

• CRJ900
              • Mar 2020

Nexen Nfera SU1 215/40 17

Originally posted by Mikeyjm1
              I’m pretty sure a 215/40 is no problem on those wheels. But like I said, there are few choices, probably more expensive, and expect way less tire life. A good all season tire may get 20k+miles, the summer only or race tires are probably going to get you at least half or less.
              I’m looking at Nexen Nfera SU1 225/40 17’s for my Choise do you know anything about these tires?

Comment

• Mikeyjm1
                • Nov 2016

I’m looking at Nexen Nfera SU1 225/40 17’s for my Choise do you know anything about these tires?
                from the Nexen page it doesn’t look like they offer this tire. But it would be almost a half inch taller and probably best suited for a 7.5-8” wide wheel not our stock 7”. I’d probably stick with a 215 if you can Find the right one. I’m extremely picky with tires (almost to a point of snobby). But it’s usually paid off for me to be that way. The last previous set on the Abarth, my wife wanted a lower price so I went against my usual judgment and put Generals on it. They were garbage and it won’t happen again. For a long time I’ve put Michelin or Continentals on the cars and BF Goodrich on trucks. You pay more but get more. The other thing I saw was the 300 UTQG rating on them. Is this a couple thousand mile a year toy or is it going to be driven often. My wife’s abarth is her daily and I’d never go that low on it. 200 is usually a DOT race tire. Don’t expect mileage out of a 300.
                16’ 500X Pop, Rosso, 1.4T/M6, 18” O.Z. 45th Anniversary, H&R springs, Momo shift knob, K&N drop in, MPX TB, Deyeme Racing CDV delete, Magnaflow with 2.5” B-pipe by http://stagefp.com/, ATP DP. *finally a beta tune by Bob Bishop
                15’ 4C Spider, Madraperla White, Track Pack & Red Leather seats.
                13’ 500 Abarth, Bianco, M5, 17”, Koni shocks, Eibach Prokit, CFP Hats, ES/EC bumps and seats, Powerstop brakes, K&N drop in. (Wife's)
                95’ Wrangler, Aqua, 4.0/Auto,
                4” lift, too much to list (Also Hers)

Comment

• HalfPint
                  • Nov 2019

Assuming it's actually 215 rather than 225. It looks like an unimpressive tire, I hope they're cheap.
                  Completely stock 2016 500 Abarth, Rhino & Nero,
                  2017 Jeep Renegade 1.4 Turbo, Anvil & Black
                  2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Comment

• Mikeyjm1
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by HalfPint
                    Assuming it's actually 215 rather than 225. It looks like an unimpressive tire, I hope they're cheap.
                    I buy my tires almost exclusively from Tirerack. These look to be common on Amazon and maybe Ebay. I like the support from Tirerack so I don’t waste my energy shopping them much.
                    16’ 500X Pop, Rosso, 1.4T/M6, 18” O.Z. 45th Anniversary, H&R springs, Momo shift knob, K&N drop in, MPX TB, Deyeme Racing CDV delete, Magnaflow with 2.5” B-pipe by http://stagefp.com/, ATP DP. *finally a beta tune by Bob Bishop
                    13’ 500 Abarth, Bianco, M5, 17”, Koni shocks, Eibach Prokit, CFP Hats, ES/EC bumps and seats, Powerstop brakes, K&N drop in. (Wife's)

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                      Amministratore
                      • Feb 2011

Here are some threads tagged with "225/40-17" with additional info to help research:

So yeah you probably saw my thread on the other forums but I just wanted to share this awesome photo by my friend Scott Chu for AG Wheels. Still waiting on more photos from this shoot but I know he's a busy guy. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/justinsaiki/8170655016/) Ag Wheels Abarth (http://www.flickr.com/photos/justinsaik
                      Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                      fiat 500 forum signature
                      abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• mp4guy
                        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by turbodharma
                        I think someone tried upsizing to a 215/40 and they wound up with a mild case of rubbing. There really isn't much room in there.

Amended: this was posted in 2013.

"I have 215/40's on stock 17's. I don't have any rubbing issues at stock ride height. They do come very very close at full left and right turns. Any wider and I'm certain they'd rub the fender liner when turning. It really just depends on your tires specific/actual dimensions.
                        The 215's fit the stock wheel very well. No more stretched look."
                        Phase 0, Neu-F Torque Bushing, Neu-F 28mm rear bar, El Gato Braces, Corsa Forza center brace, Front & Rear Koni Yellows, 4C coils, Craven Short Shifter, DeFi Boost Gauge, GFB-DV.

Abarth & Co. Corse Marche 38/72 Torino Tel. 794.894

Comment

• CRJ900
                          • Mar 2020

Thanks for the reply regarding the tires I have the optional 17’ wheels with stock tires 205/40 17’s my tire guy can get the Nexten Nfera su1 in 215/40 17s so he says. So according to you these tires should fit within the fender wells? Thanks

Comment

• Mikeyjm1
                            • Nov 2016

Thanks for the reply regarding the tires I have the optional 17’ wheels with stock tires 205/40 17’s my tire guy can get the Nexten Nfera su1 in 215/40 17s so he says. So according to you these tires should fit within the fender wells? Thanks
                            I think what we’re all saying is “Good Luck.”
                            Since many have looked into and tried the 215/40 with sketchy results and on that specific tire that appears to be “MEH”
                            I’d definitely spend my cash on better. And make sure I’m ready to adjust things for the potential rubbing.

Comment

• CRJ900
                              • Mar 2020

If I went wider 215/40 17 - to make sure it does not rub - do they (the industry) make some kind of spacer and if so how does the work? I’m not familiar with that at all.

Comment

• HalfPint
                                • Nov 2019

If I went wider 215/40 17 - to make sure it does not rub - do they (the industry) make some kind of spacer and if so how does the work? I’m not familiar with that at all.
                                There is no way to make sure they do not rub without mounting some object the size and shape of that wheel and tire, and then making the suspension and steering move through its full range of movement to verify nothing hits. Or you could take a risk and try it. Or you could use the factory tire size.

What do you hope to achieve by using a tire 10mm wider than stock? Nobody else will be able to tell and it's not going to perform any better. From a risk/benefit point of view it makes no sense. I've certainly done it on cars that came stock with narrow tires, but the 500 Abarth wheels are already filling the fender wells.
                                Completely stock 2016 500 Abarth, Rhino & Nero,
                                2017 Jeep Renegade 1.4 Turbo, Anvil & Black
                                2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Comment