Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Cheap floor mats

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • map
    • Dec 2018

Cheap floor mats

The factory floor mats in my '18 looked clean until I pulled them and compared to the carpet underneath. There were Maple tree seeds and dirt gathering around the edges. Smark's recent comments on "proper" mats sent me shopping. At $63 delivered, OMAC floor liners seemed worth a try.

The company rolled the package tightly and stuffed it into a 4x8 inch box, so I laid them out for 24 hours to flatten. First impression was that they didn't have the nasty smell that most rubber mats have. I assume that's because they are made of thinner black plastic... much like kiddie wader boots or rubber overshoes (for you older readers).

The driver's side had mounting notches, but the left one is misplaced and no cut-out in the passenger side. (Maybe because these are listed for pre-18 cars? EU cars? Or just a screw up.) The right hole was in the proper place.

After warming the car a couple times they formed themselves to foot well shape very nicely. The thin rubber will allow me to install the factory mats over them, if I choose. This photo is right after install before the rubber relaxed against the sides of the foot well.

The passenger side doesn't have a retaining slot cut in it. I could cut slots, but will probably leave them as-is. They don't move around.

In the rear the mats fit perfectly, extending well under the seats. On both sides they extend to the floor bracing. On my car I'll have to trim the passenger side because the amp is installed there... or probably just leave it out since that area is for storage.
  • smark
    • Apr 2014

^^^^^ Map, Those look good. Even the dead pedal is covered, for protection.

Comment

• Frankinstyn
      • Feb 2019

Thank you for the review. I've added them to my cart. They'll be the next purchase for this wonderful little car. The factory carpet ones are starting to wear.

Comment

• Saponetta
        Lifetime Member
        Lifetime Member
        • Sep 2018

They look nice.

I prefer the deep grooves of the oem mats. They are on Amazon for about $85 front and rear from time time. Saw them for $72 at christmas. No issues with anchors not lining up. Obviously if you dont like the scorpions, you can get regular 500 mats.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Saponetta; 01-24-2020, 01:12 PM.
        2013 abarth
        Spec 2+ clutch
        Working on new divided turbo setup
        Homebrew fmic w/ corsa forza hoses
        Stock Downpipe with cat and 2.25discharge
        Coils
        Homemade cowl intake
        ECB yellows/stop tech fluid
        Koni/vogtland
        Braces and strut mounts
        Corsa forza vento
        E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned
        cowl intake, custom fmic and bypass valve, vogtlands, rear vette bilstiens, long 3 inch downpipe to stock rear section.

Comment

• map
          • Dec 2018

It took 4 hours to buy the car, so the salesman showed me options. They had a set like those and are heavy duty; $175 IIRC. I might have picked up a set, except they didn't cover the foot rest. We average only 3" of snow a year, but it rains 150+ days, so I thought that extra coverage might be important.

I decided WeatherTech would be nicer. I've used WT in my PU for years and love the "pan" construction; kept the floors clean/dry after tracking in a pound of mud or snow. So far, I've avoided taking the Fiat heavy snow and mud areas.

Comment

• Saponetta
            Lifetime Member
            Lifetime Member
            • Sep 2018

Maybe 175 full retail +++ at the dealership parts and accessory counter.

Mine were $85 for a set of 4 on amazon. Around christmas I saw them listed as a suggestion on amazon for $72 for a set.
            2013 abarth
            Spec 2+ clutch
            Working on new divided turbo setup
            Homebrew fmic w/ corsa forza hoses
            Stock Downpipe with cat and 2.25discharge
            Coils
            Homemade cowl intake
            ECB yellows/stop tech fluid
            Koni/vogtland
            Braces and strut mounts
            Corsa forza vento
            E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned
            cowl intake, custom fmic and bypass valve, vogtlands, rear vette bilstiens, long 3 inch downpipe to stock rear section.

Comment

• smark
              • Apr 2014

I just went to moparolineparts. To check out their OEM mat prices. They are using a photo I took, of my mats, in my car. On their all weather floor mats web page.

Shop Authentic Mopar All Weather Mats Set Of Two For Driver & Passenger Sides Black With 500 Logo - PN: 82212444AB online! Browse discounted oem parts at MoparOnlineParts & save up to $30.70. Buy Now!

Last edited by smark; 01-24-2020, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• map
                • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Saponetta
                Mine were $85 for a set of 4 on amazon. Around christmas I saw them listed as a suggestion on amazon for $72 for a set.
                It didn't surprise me mats were an option. In my GF's 90's Toyota PU, and my 2005 Neon, mats were optional. I was surprised the 500 came w/ factory mats. They said "mats to protect the interior", so it could have been the 5 piece set? (It's been 14 months.)
                Shop Authentic Mopar Cargo Tray - PN: 82212583 online! Browse discounted oem parts at MoparOnlineParts & save up to $33.54. Buy Now!

After the seat delete and I carpeting the rear, I bought an eBay mat. The scored pattern made it easy to trim for an exact fit. It's a thick rubber, but I had to scrub it then leave it in the sun to gas off. It's a lot like the Rubbermade mat I had in my '78 GLC, my first new car. The GLC mat paid for itself when a gallon of milk had a small leak and the raised pattern contained it. If you've ever had milk in a carpet, you know what I mean.

Comment

• smark
                  • Apr 2014

In the 70’s, the rubber mats where standard equipment on GM cars.The Japanese vehicle mats , were options, to cut cost. My last 5 new cars, the carpet mats were standard. I had to pay extra, to up grade to the all weather ones.

Even my 08 smart car came with carpet floor mat standard. For $14K. MB charged $100.00 for these option all weather ones.

Last edited by smark; 01-25-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment