bahis siteleri gaziantep escort izmir escort antalya escort izmir escort porno porno izle bursa escort escort porno havalandirma sistemleri izmir escort bursa escort izmir escort izmir escort istanbul escort
Coolant Pump? Valve Cover Gaskets? and Camshaft Seals? REALLY? - Page 3
500 Madness
   
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Coolant Pump? Valve Cover Gaskets? and Camshaft Seals? REALLY?

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    DOUBLE UPDATE:

    After doing all that, I actually inadvertently brought the relay inside, and was tapping it and jiggling it on a hard surface. I had to leave and re-installed he relay, then drove, and when I got home: I shut the car off and heard the pump running. I opened the hood and made a quick video for you guys of what happened: then, I turned the car back on, and BOOM: General Light is gone. Four hours later = still gone.

    I think the Pump is working again, however I don't see movement with the coolant, so I am thinking the bubbling/movement from a month ago was because of low coolant.

    I have a feeling I woke up the relay and/or it may need replacing AND the low coolant contributed to making it's life harder?

    TURN SOUND UP

    Last edited by AdultGoKart; 01-04-2020 at 11:33 PM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    843
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 360 Times in 256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultGoKart View Post
    After doing all that, I actually inadvertently brought the relay inside, and was tapping it and jiggling it on a hard surface. I had to leave and re-installed he relay, then drove, and when I got home: I shut the car off and heard the pump running. I opened the hood and made a quick video for you guys of what happened: then, I turned the car back on, and BOOM: General Light is gone. Four hours later = still gone.
    Yep, as I mentioned in my original comment; fuses and relays are a more common point of failure than the component itself. Much easier to replace too.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdultGoKart View Post
    I think the Pump is working again, however I don't see movement with the coolant, so I am thinking the bubbling/movement from a month ago was because of low coolant.

    I have a feeling I woke up the relay and/or it may need replacing AND the low coolant contributed to making it's life harder?
    Seems like maintenance hasn't been kept-up with on this vehicle. Things like maintaining fluid levels and changing the oil and filter at prescribed intervals are VERY important on these vehicles.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    UPDATE:

    General Light is still gone after 500 miles. If your Axillary / Coolant / Cooling / After-run PUMP is bubbling or is loud: Do something about it and check the level.

    Also, it's hard to say, but I only have gotten 31 mpg so far at best, and I usually get 29 mpg, and it wouldn't surprise me if I can do better now. Will update.

    The oil filter screen, if proved to be dirty or whatever, then mpgs might go up?

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    843
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 360 Times in 256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultGoKart View Post
    UPDATE:

    Also, it's hard to say, but I only have gotten 31 mpg so far at best, and I usually get 29 mpg, and it wouldn't surprise me if I can do better now.
    That seems like the typical fuel mileage reported for those cars. Turbocharged 500's and Abarth's get 30-33MPG, where the N/A ones get 35-38MPG. Of course, 'your mileage may vary'..

    Quote Originally Posted by AdultGoKart View Post

    The oil filter screen, if proved to be dirty or whatever, then mpgs might go up?
    Cleaning the Multiair oil filter probably won't improve your fuel economy. Since maintenance on this car seems to have been missed, there may be carbon and gunk build up in the filter that could, down the road, cause your intake valves to stop working.

  5. #25
    Senior Member HalfPint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
    Modern automotive relays often contain electronic components on circuit boards, but these boards are often cheap single-sided boards with no plated-through holes. The solder joints are essentially bridging a gap between the lead and the board, and after enough vibration from driving or the relay thunking it cracks. I've fixed many of them with a little soldering iron work.
    Completely stock 2016 500 Abarth, Rhino & Nero

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Valve Seals
    By dkaroly in forum Service Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2019, 05:53 AM
  2. After Run Coolant Pump Not Working
    By larryk in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH Issues and Concerns
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-13-2018, 05:02 PM
  3. After run coolant pump
    By Quinners318 in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH Engine and Drivetrain Tuning
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-11-2018, 09:25 AM
  4. After-Run Turbo coolant pump
    By GetsThruBuckner in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH Issues and Concerns
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 10:18 PM
  5. Fiat 500 Abarth After-Run Coolant Pump
    By Fiat500USA in forum Fiat500USA.com Articles and Story Comments
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 08:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •