Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Rear window wiper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lammie200

Rear window wiper

My first gremlin popped up. The rear wiper won't shut off. I removed the connection at the motor and ordered a delete kit. Just wondering if anyone knows where the relay for the motor is?
    2017 Abarth Grigio Cenre SR | OEM Leather | OEM 17s | Max Flo Wrapped CAI | E+D Tune P1 | TMC Autoflash | 4C CPs | MPx AB Exhaust | RRM Turbo Blanket | Forge RBOV DV & WGA | ATM FMIC | PCV Catch Can | 5mm/16mm Spacers | Neu-F Rear Bar | DNA Lower & Side Braces & Camber Plates | 4 Konis | 4 Springs | GP End Links | MPx MC Bracket | Power Stop Z23 Pads & Rotors | 2" Steering Wheel Spacer

2013 Sport Argento SR - SOLD - | Many Mods
  • ElectricLLL
    • Jan 2020

Interesting. I have a similar gremlin with the rear window wiper, too. It went on full-speed when the car is put in reverse. I had a call into Fiat Care already and the rep I am working with (for the rear window breakage problem) thought it was really weird.

What is a "delete kit"?

Comment

• lammie200

The new Rear Wiper Delete kit for all 2012+ Fiat 500 models, including the ABARTH, is a purpose-built solution that quickly and cleanly eliminates your rear hatch wiper assembly. Superb, black anodized aluminum design fits tight to ensure there will be no leaks, and there is even a rubber seal for the center bolt!

Sounds like yours did something similar to mine. The windshield wipers were turned off, but when I shifted to reverse they started and wouldn’t shut off no matter what I did. I believe that the problem is the switch that is in the motor itself, but I was happy to remove the motor, trim out the hole and plug the fluid line.
      2017 Abarth Grigio Cenre SR | OEM Leather | OEM 17s | Max Flo Wrapped CAI | E+D Tune P1 | TMC Autoflash | 4C CPs | MPx AB Exhaust | RRM Turbo Blanket | Forge RBOV DV & WGA | ATM FMIC | PCV Catch Can | 5mm/16mm Spacers | Neu-F Rear Bar | DNA Lower & Side Braces & Camber Plates | 4 Konis | 4 Springs | GP End Links | MPx MC Bracket | Power Stop Z23 Pads & Rotors | 2" Steering Wheel Spacer

Comment

• Fiat500USA
        Amministratore
        • Feb 2011

Sorry to hear. Here's the relay panel. Don't see a wiper relay. I don't have the manual handy at the moment, but will take a look when I can.

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
        The starter relay on a Fiat 500 is the T20 Relay.

Relay Alternate Description Amperage
        T02 R0881 Headlamp 20A
        T03 R0826 Horn 20A
        T05 R0819 A/C Clutch 20A
        T06 R0813 Radiator Fan - Low 30A
        T07 R0812 Radiator Fan - High 40A
        T08 R0876 HVAC - Blower 40A
        T09 R907 Engine Control System (Main Relay) 30A
        T10 R0030 Cigar Lighter / Spare 20A
        T14 R0827 Fog Lamp 20A
        T17 R0823 Fuel Pump 15A
        T19 R906 Cold Start 30A
        T19 RL501 Rear - Fog Lamp 30A
        T20 R0879 Starter 30A
        T30 R0833A After Run Pump 20A
        T30 R0834A MTA Pump 30A
        T31 R0028 Rear Window Defogger 30A

MAXI FUSES

Fuse Alternate Description Amperage
        F01 F0001 Body Controller 60A
        F02 F0002 Audio Amplifier 20A
        F03 F0003 Ignition Switch 20A
        F04 F0004 Anti-Lock Brake Pump 40A
        F05 F0005 Electric Power Steering 70A
        F06 F0006 Radiator Fan - Single Speed 20A
        F06 F0006 Radiator Fan - Low Speed 30A
        F07 F0007 Radiator Fan - High Speed 40A
        F08 F0008 Blower Motor 40A

MINI FUSES

F09 F0009 Powertrain 10A
        F10 F0010 Horn 10A
        F11 F0011 Powertrain 15A
        F11 F0011 Powertrain (Multiair – If Equipped) 10A
        F14 F0014 High Beam (Shutter) 5A
        F15 F0015 Cigar Lighter 15A
        F16 F0016 Transmission 7.5A
        F17 F0017 Powertrain 25A
        F17 F0017 Powertrain (Multiair – If Equipped) 15A
        F18 F0018 Powertrain 15A
        F18 F0018 Powertrain (Multiair – If Equipped) 5A
        F19 F0019 Air Conditioning 7.5A
        F20 F0020 Heated Seats – If Equipped 15A
        F21 F0021 Fuel Pump 15A
        F22 F0022 Powertrain 20A
        F23 F0023 Anti-Lock Brake Valves 20A
        F24 F0024 Stability Control System 7.5A
        F30 F0030 Fog Lamps 15A
        F82 F0082 Sunroof/Convertible Top 30A
        F83 F0083 Cooling Pump – If Equipped 20A
        F84 F0084 Transmission 10A
        F85 F0085 Rear Defroster 15A
        F87 F0087 Rear Defroster 5A

Fiat 500 Starter Circuit Wiring Diagram

[ATTACH]32972[/ATTACH]
        Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
        fiat 500 forum signature
        abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• map
          • Dec 2018

First, this isn't a 2012 model, is it?

The BCM has a chip that controls the wipers, but that chip will usually snuff if it fails (no wipers, front or rear). I wonder if one of the BCM relays near that chip is used to boost the signal? https://www.ryangralinski.com/fiat-5...cal-nightmare/

Comment

• Fiat500USA
            Amministratore
            • Feb 2011

Fiat 500 and 500 Abarth Wiper System

Some info on the Fiat 500 and 500 Abarth Wiper System, courtesy of the repair manual:

Front and Rear Wiper Control - The BCM monitors inputs from the front and rear wiper switch to
            provide control of the either the front or rear wiper motors. The BCM also controls the intermittent wiper
            feature of the front wiper system.

The right multi-function switch provides hard wired analog and resistor multiplexed inputs to the Body Control
            Module (BCM) for all of the wiper and washer system functions. The BCM then provides the appropriate hard
            wired control outputs to energize or de-energize the wiper and washer relays soldered onto its printed circuit
            board. The relays control the flow of battery current to the wiper motors and washer pump motor, invoking
            the requested wiper and washer system operating modes. Front and rear wiper and washer system operation is
            completely controlled by the BCM logic circuits, and that logic will only allow these systems to operate when
            the status of the ignition switch is Accessory or On.

The hard wired circuits and components of the wiper and washer system may be diagnosed using
            conventional diagnostic tools and procedures. Refer to the appropriate wiring information. However,
            conventional diagnostic methods will not prove conclusive in the diagnosis of the wiper and washer
            system or the electronic controls and communication between other modules and devices that provide some
            features of the front wiper and washer system. The most reliable, efficient and accurate means to diagnose the
            front wiper and washer system or the electronic controls and communication related to front wiper and washer
            system operation requires the use of a diagnostic scan tool. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.

Source: FCA
            Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
            fiat 500 forum signature
            abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• lammie200

Someone posted the below on another board. I believe that it is from a manual. It makes me think that the most probably cause is the switch in the motor that doesn’t recognize the parked position of the wiper arm. It never senses that the arm reaches the stopped position so it just keeps going since it is getting power from the ignition switch. I doubt that it is a melted chip on the BCM. If it was I would bet that this wouldn’t be the only problem present. My 2 cents.

The rear wiper motor park switch is a single pole, single throw, momentary switch within the wiper motor that
              is mechanically actuated by the wiper motor transmission components. The park switch alternately closes and
              opens a voltage signal for the rear wiper motor electronic control logic circuitry of the BCM. The park switch is
              normally an open circuit when the rear wiper blade is in the parked position, and is connected to fused ignition
              output when the rear wiper blade is anywhere except parked.
              Last edited by lammie200; 01-29-2020, 02:41 AM.

Comment