Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

If you could supply a photo link for “pressing in on the side seat upholstery and popping out the C clip”, I’d appreciate it. In the meantime,...

Glad you found it. Don't tease us with that Alfa! We've got to see it!

Thanks for registering and welcome to the forum. Glad you found the forum useful!

Here's a picture for old time's sake. Post a picture...

Welcome aboard! Pictures?

LED dome light issue

I've seen a few posts of people having issues with led dome lights but no real answers other than to not use them. Oddly enough though many people use...

Yeah, I'd say they break easily. My neighbor got in my car and the passenger side made an ominous groan. Like you, I don't use the rests but the dog sometimes...

Are they difficult to swap out? I don’t see where the connection is done - does the padding have to be removed from the seats? Any side airbags to...

Texanbrit: You're exactly right!
I pulled it apart today and the overflow hose is sticky and moist.
Everything else looked to be buttoned...

FIAT 500 1.4L SOHC (Naturally Aspirated. Non Turbo)
Ignition Coil
MOPAR 68070492AD

FIAT 500 ABARTH 1.4L SOHC (Turbo)
Ignition...

I believe the Alfa coil packs only work on a Turbo, and Abarth vehicles....

The connection at that side of the radiator is pretty solid, so if it's not the radiator itself then I imagine the coolant is running down the lower coolant...

Cheers from CO!

Hello all, I recently acquired '13 Abarth and decided to join the forum.
I owned in the 90's a Fiat 126p and now the Abarth.
Thanks for all...

There is no light for low coolant, so you need to keep an eye on it. A light means an overheat, and that is something you do not want to do.

F/S - 500X Roof Rails and Crossbars $ 175.00 for all

Purchased for my 2020 Trekking; did not realize will not work with sunroof.

Rails are new in original box. Part #68281916AA.
Crossbars...

Rocco Reviews...

Rock Auto has lots of quality/reasonably priced ignition coil choices for the 2014 N/A Engine, use GOOGLE to find a 5% off...

As we prepare for the 2024 summer season, prepare for some great news about our meets and drives !

Registration is now open, if you'd planning to display your vehicle sign up soon as space is limited, avoid disappointment! 😮

Fiat Club America events are always welcoming and friendly, no animosity or preferential treatment for anyone!

Nice Family environment for...

Looking to buy Fiat 500 1957 Standard

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vincenze
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Koreanadian
    I'd sell mine, but mine's automatic and also has about 85000 miles on it.
    But it's in mint condition. I detailed the interior and exterior myself.
    A white steering wheel can't be in mint condition.

Comment

• Koreanadian
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Vincenze
      A white steering wheel can't be in mint condition.
      It's still white, lol
      the "leather" pattern is little worn, but I've been wiping it down with interior detailer every couple of weeks, so it's not discolored ... much

Comment

• smark
        • Apr 2014

A individual and 500 Madness, did a retro 57 Abarth 500C, many years ago. The Plaid white blue interior look really good. They did a retro paint job to the Abarth too.

Bryan Thompson Design decided to team up with MADNESS to create his project ABARTH!

Last edited by smark; 11-11-2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Vincenze
          • Jan 2018

There is an official 58 version.
          The white-blue cloth seats will be dirty in no time.

Comment

• Koreanadian
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by smark
            A individual and 500 Madness, did a retro 57 Abarth 500C, many years ago. The Plaid white blue interior look really good. They did a retro paint job to the Abarth too.

Bryan Thompson Design decided to team up with MADNESS to create his project ABARTH!

That exterior blue looks different than the one I have on my car ... maybe it's the sun shining on it

Comment

• smark
              • Apr 2014

That exterior blue looks different than the one I have on my car ... maybe it's the sun shining on it
              Must be a custom blue color, they did. I remember they spent a fortune on that car. I like the 3 tone door panels too.

Comment

• Vincenze
                • Jan 2018

Maybe, Madness used the correct original color: warm, washed-out, pastel.

And the white color was also warm ivory.

Last edited by Vincenze; 11-11-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• smark
                  • Apr 2014

Re-staining the worn out beige steering wheel on a Fiat 500....

Comment

• smark
                    • Apr 2014

More re staining. Crazy music.....

Comment

• map
                      • Dec 2018

That 1957 version Abarth is a beauty... what a sleeper.

Excellent videos on leather refurb. Some "quicky" detailers use a "stain" that's really a paint, which can fail quickly. For wheels in really bad condition, some shops sand very lightly before stain application. I think that is to clear discoloration before application.

First a cleaner is used. Whether sprayed or dabbed, stain is applied in several light coats. When dry and buffed, they apply a leather protector to lessen wear. It's not just the white wheels. I've seen a 500 w/ black interior that needed a similar treatment (but it was sold w/ the wheel looking torn up).

This is an amateur using a kit to do the job...

Comment

• Koreanadian
                        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by smark
                        More re staining. Crazy music.....

Mine looks nothing like that. still has ivory color and the grains ...

Comment

• smark
                          • Apr 2014

If you maintain you cars. Keeping the exterior and interior parts clean. They will stay new looking, for the life of the vehicle.

I owned a 2000 Grand cherokee. Tan colored steering. It premature color wore out on the top of the wheel. Got it re-sprayed to the correct color and clearcoated by a leather reconditioning company that does leather furniture.

Black steering wheels will show wear too.
                          Last edited by smark; 11-14-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• map
                            • Dec 2018

Mine looks nothing like that. still has ivory color and the grains ...
                            I've seen a tan wheel where the PO put a cheap cover over it. The red from the cover stained the wheel underneath. The recondition person used a liquid (solvent?) to clean it. As I understand the process, that stripped the old color, then he reapplied the proper color and a sealer. (We weren't in the shop when he did the work.) He also did the driver's seat and cleaned/treated the rest of the leather... the PO must have worn greasy pants. It was a lot of money, but the car looked new when done.

I would not have chosen a leather covered wheel, given a choice, but they do feel better under the hands.

Comment

• Koreanadian
                              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by map
                              I've seen a tan wheel where the PO put a cheap cover over it. The red from the cover stained the wheel underneath. The recondition person used a liquid (solvent?) to clean it. As I understand the process, that stripped the old color, then he reapplied the proper color and a sealer. (We weren't in the shop when he did the work.) He also did the driver's seat and cleaned/treated the rest of the leather... the PO must have worn greasy pants. It was a lot of money, but the car looked new when done.

I would not have chosen a leather covered wheel, given a choice, but they do feel better under the hands.
                              I just use interior cleaner every week. That way, I can keep it clean without using strong solvent and/or huge pressure.

Comment

• Icedcorn
                                • Jul 2018

thanks for the info. haven't had any luck though. d'oh!

Comment