Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Hello, please contact your local dealership for assistance with this part. You can find dealerships near you at www.fiatusa.com/find-dealer. If you need...

2.4's are known (throughout FCA body styles) for being hit and miss on excessive oil consumption...

They are commonly called "the boat...

Ask SBI for the definitive answer.
Get the persons name at SBI that you consult with...
Hope that helps

Manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the 2024 Fiat (500e)RED is $32,500, plus a $1,595 destination charge.

More details here below....

Yes, it should. Try it out....

What will the price range be??

Could you please tell me if it still works?

Here are some steps. Please follow them.
  1. Click on "User Settings" (located under your username at the top right).
  2. Select "Account."
  3. Go

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having an issue. An "ungodly" sound isn't too descriptive. What does it sound like? When does...

Valve length question

Hello,

2013 Abarth in Canada.

I had the typical burnt exhaust valve issue. I decided not to go with the OEM ones since first...

I am going to assume you mean Gen 1 because of cost.

Most Mechanical issues were corrected by 2017. If you do buy a 2016 make sure the motor...

What common issues should I look for in a 500x?

I'm looking at different cars and the 500x has crossed my mind. I'm wondering what issues I should look for because as a Fiat fan and someone needing...

Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier with bike attachment for sale

I have a like new Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier bars with a bicycle attachment. I bought it from Micks Garage in England - https://www.micksgara...

Automatic transmission? If that's an automatic it could be as simple as the battery being defective (or not fully charged).

I would start...

Yeah, Ford has a history of "minimal design". They want to save money and keep weight down so they design for using the least material. My neighbor's...

Help us raise funds to support Melanoma Canada.
Help us achieve our goal of raising $150,000 to help support the melanoma and skin cancer com

that's a funny. One of the very few issues I had with my brand new fuel injected YUGO was the PCV hose used to freeze up in freezing weather and oil would...

We had a great time. Thanks to everyone that helped put the event together!

PSA and FCA Merger

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tramonto
    Lifetime Member
    • Sep 2017

PSA and FCA Merger

Well FCA is back at it. Since the Renault deal fell through PSA is talking full merger with FCA. Personally I don’t like the smell of this one. French Gov. owns part of PSA 13% as well as the Chinese Gov. 13% (Dongfeng Motor Group). What I see happening is JEEP & RAM surviving and the rest of FCA going to the way side. Remember PSA just bought Opel and Vauxhall little over a year ago. As I recall a few years back there was a Chinese group wanting to buy FCA and then trash it just for the JEEP brand.
    PRESENT Italian marquis
    2015 FIAT 500L (RIVA Tribute)
    ….. Looking at the 695 Revale for inspiration…..
    1997 Alfa Romeo 916 Spider - Cuore Sportivo edition
    PAST Italian marquis
    2015 Abarth Cabrio (695 Edizione Maserati Tribute)
    …..THANK YOU for voting me CAR OF YR 2021…..
    2015 FIAT 500 Sport
    1989 TC by Maserati (yes it’s a Maserati but sold by Chrysler)
  • KellyfromVA
    • Feb 2016

Total disaster. Any French auto manufacturer is a train wreck. Why FCA would want to integrate a train wreck into their business is beyond me.

Just look at what Nissan has been going through with Renault. Finally Nissan is starting to get wise by moving away from Renault's crappy French designs that have been forced upon them.

The French need to stick with what they're good at; making bread and wine.

Comment

• Tramonto
      Lifetime Member
      • Sep 2017

Maybe FCA should try to partner with Nissan and Mitsubishi. I would prefer that over PSA or Renault.
      PRESENT Italian marquis
      PAST Italian marquis
      2015 FIAT 500 Sport

Comment

• map
        • Dec 2018

That one I don't understand. PSA wants the FCA distribution network... something FCA can't guarantee (if Fiat was an indication). I can't see Peugeot or Citroen generating much interest in the US. The FCA wants to leverage PSA's electric vehicles? They aren't much better off that FCA... and PSA makes mostly small cars.

I'm guessing a big part of it is to cash in the next time the economy tanks. It worked fine last time, but good luck if the US coffers are broke.

Comment

• Tramonto
          Lifetime Member
          • Sep 2017

PSA and FCA will do a 50/50 Merger

Well crap! It’s official FCA & PSA will do a 50/50 merger. This will become the 4th largest auto maker group in the world. I guess they will start offering a box of chocolates with every car.
          PRESENT Italian marquis
          PAST Italian marquis
          2015 FIAT 500 Sport

Comment

• tvmaster
            • Oct 2018

hmm. With the penetration numbers of the 500 in Europe, I wonder if PSA looks at it as a bonus or a problem for its smaller cars. My first guess is they look at the 500 as a threat. I was hoping for a Hyundai partnership
            2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
              Amministratore
              • Feb 2011

Fiat Chrysler - Peugeot Merger Proposal Details

Fiat500USA.com
              Has Just Posted the Following:

The Board of Directors of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and the Supervisory Board of Peugeot S.A. have agreed on a pathway to merge and create the world's fourth-largest automaker, nudging out General Motors fourth-placing, and just behind third-place Renault-Nissan. This proposal is in response to the staggering costs of upcoming forced governmental regulations, technology mandates, and

Read more here...
              Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
              fiat 500 forum signature
              abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                Amministratore
                • Feb 2011

In the spirit of all this merger news , I've merged all these threads together.
                Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                fiat 500 forum signature
                abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• smark
                  • Apr 2014

Maybe we will finally get a rear engined 500. Based of the Renault Twingo. Fun little city car.

Last edited by smark; 10-31-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• neubauerjoseph
                    • Feb 2014

Well, I hope this deal will mean more fiat cars in the USA. Any ideas what they might bring over or to market?

Comment

• smark
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by neubauerjoseph
                      Well, I hope this deal will mean more fiat cars in the USA. Any ideas what they might bring over or to market?
                      To succeed in the market here. The vehicles would need to be crossover’s, SUV’s, and smaller pickup trucks. FCA already got the successful Jeep and Ram brands. A wide range of EV’s would be needed in the future too. From the merger.

Renault, offers in Europe, the Twingo city car, Clio hatchback, Captur SUV, Espace V crossover, Tailman sedan, and Megan sedan. Acquiring FCA, is Renault’s door to the NA market place. Here again.

Comment

• map
                        • Dec 2018

PSA is hinting that they wanted the Jeep platform to build new vehicles. The bit about PSA's innovation may be key in the US. Autonomous and connected cars are their strengths, as well as car sharing. For Fiat, it sounds like a payday for share holders in exchange for, basically, selling FCA. I can understand PSA's shareholders being hesitant but w/o the merger PSA and FCA will have serious financial problems in the next decade.

It's looking promising but it still has to be approved.

Comment

• KellyfromVA
                          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by smark
                          Maybe we will finally get a rear engined 500. Based of the Renault Twingo. Fun little city car.
                          Sure, we all know how well 'city cars' sell in North America lately. Why not introduce another one that is full-on French-made junk too? After what dealers went through with Fiat, I'm sure they're all chomping at the bit to get their orders in for Peugeot's four wheeled garbage cans.

Oh, and I doubt the rear-engine Twingo would pass U.S. safety standards for frontal impact.
                          Last edited by KellyfromVA; 10-31-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• KellyfromVA
                            • Feb 2016

I was thinking about this more. This merger has zero with wanting to produce cars that people want to buy, and everything to do with optics to the EU and Wall Street. FCA's whole intention is to become the number four largest auto manufacturer in the U.S., and a life ring tossed to Peugeot. FCA already has quality problems with many of their vehicles. French-a-fying FCA is going to make it even worse. Folks.. we are witnessing the beginning of the end of FCA, and for what? Size?

Stupid, just stupid.

Comment

• tvmaster
                              • Oct 2018

But maybe we'll get The Cactus here...
                              2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment