Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

If you take driving over the parts out of the equation, what's left is the installation and driving over curbs, which I don't think you are doing. It...

I expected the bearings to wear faster than they had been when I put on the positive offset wheels but still the bearing was going anyway, unusually ...

Yep, no issues at all. The 17s ride a bit rougher than the 16s and 15s but all run about the same diameter with a lower profile (205/40R17) tire.

If the wheels stick out more than stock that's going to increase wear and tear on the wheel bearings.

The best selling Coil Over Kit for the FIAT 500 is now even better! The new X-Sport Version allows you to adjust the damping from comfortable to track...

Thanks to the many people across Canada who sponsored cars in previous years of the Yorkville Exotic Car show to help fund cancer research. We are continuing

Hotels rooms for Fiat Freakout 2024 (FFO 2024) are going FAST.
If you plan on attending FFO 2024 and want to stay at the main hotel, you need to...

Toronto chapter Members getting ready for FFO 2024 ...

This year Jason Hall turned 50. That’s a pretty big milestone, so to celebrate, I decided to get something even older than myself!
This is a 1971...

Savor the symphony of style.
​...

Yes! All three styles on spoiler will fit (500e/Pop, Abarth and Sport)....

Sport exhaust

What is best sport exhaust for lounge. No raspy sound. Just good sport sound.

Rear spoiler Abarth on louge

Does rear spoiler fit on lounge

17 X 7. Rims on lounge

Does Abarth. 17 X 7 rims fit on lounge?

I think Bob at DI Corse imported some C510s, I could be wrong (happens a lot).

From what I recall the ECU took one look at them and refused to start.

Only two Abarths in the current collection, Isabella and Abby.

I keep thinking I need to let one go, but never actually doing it. Maybe next month....

Is the (2016) stereo the same as any other models?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fiat500USA
    Amministratore
    • Feb 2011

As far as parts for grey market cars, the official authorized importer normally does not support them because those cars bypassed the importer. If they did it would encourage people/other companies to import the cars themselves. Support meaning parts and warranty. That's traditionally how importers handle that situation.
    Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
    fiat 500 forum signature
    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Fiat500USA
      Amministratore
      • Feb 2011

VW/Audi also have cores (probably everyone). They want the old ones back so they car repair them. Keeps the price down. Don't know why they would want your original. Pretty weird.

When a shop doesn't want to do a job, they will sometimes put a large price on work/parts to discourage people. Not saying that is whats going on, but it's not a bad idea to check with other places whenever you get a weird feeling. For example, there is a dealer near me that adds a surcharge to every part to DIY customers to discourage them from purchasing. DIY customers typically don't have a lot of knowledge of what they are doing, asks lots of questions and return lots of parts, wasting counter people's time, taking them away from commercial customers who spend more money, etc. Kinda sucks, but that's the reality of what's out there, so I recommend checking multiple dealers to keep them honest and if you get that sixth sense feeling something is not right.
      Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
      fiat 500 forum signature
      abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• tvmaster
        • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
        VW/Audi also have cores (probably everyone). They want the old ones back so they car repair them. Keeps the price down. Don't know why they would want your original. Pretty weird.

When a shop doesn't want to do a job, they will sometimes put a large price on work/parts to discourage people. Not saying that is whats going on, but it's not a bad idea to check with other places whenever you get a weird feeling. For example, there is a dealer near me that adds a surcharge to every part to DIY customers to discourage them from purchasing. DIY customers typically don't have a lot of knowledge of what they are doing, asks lots of questions and return lots of parts, wasting counter people's time, taking them away from commercial customers who spend more money, etc. Kinda sucks, but that's the reality of what's out there, so I recommend checking multiple dealers to keep them honest and if you get that sixth sense feeling something is not right.
        I don’t think the dealer had a problem doing the work. They had done me a favor, so I thanked them and asked if they’d like some extra work, to which they said “sure - go over and see xxx in parts to see if we can get the unit”. That’s where the wall went up, when dealer-parts called FCA to inquire about availability, price, etc. I was sitting there listening when the call was made.
        Do you see a technical reason why a 2018+ uConnect couldn’t be swapped into my 2017, other than installing and running the camera wire and coding the unit to the VIN? I have no interest in doing the work myself - warranty reasons.
        Last edited by tvmaster; 09-22-2019, 10:24 PM.
        2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• tvmaster
          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Fiat500USA

Kinda sucks, but that's the reality of what's out there, so I recommend checking multiple dealers to keep them honest and if you get that sixth sense feeling something is not right.
          Continuing in my attempts to add a 2018 rear-view camera unit to a 2017 uConnect Abarth, have you or anyone else heard of or purchased from this company? They seem to be selling factory units:

2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• tvmaster
            • Oct 2018

OK, it turns out many of these ‘Mopar’ parts locations WILL sell and ship the part. Now the hard part: what needs to be done, other than running a wire to the back tailgate for the camera - would there need to be a link to the reverse gear to activate the camera, since in the 2017 there is no camera option.

Comment

• 3DBB
              • Aug 2019

Originally posted by tvmaster
              OK, it turns out many of these ‘Mopar’ parts locations WILL sell and ship the part. Now the hard part: what needs to be done, other than running a wire to the back tailgate for the camera - would there need to be a link to the reverse gear to activate the camera, since in the 2017 there is no camera option.
              Most of the aftermarket ones are powered by the wire to the "back up" light bulb, not to anything in the transmission.

Comment