Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Tune shootout July 16th

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saponetta
    Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member
    • Sep 2018

I dont have access to logs on an ec car. Jist a kid who used to stop by my business hoping to get his car to run better. If he ever comes by again, I'll see what I cam do. But the one guys car is pretty well set now. I wish he wanted to reflash his car with his ec supplied tines and dyno it. Because I could get tork and open flash tines to make it a 3 way. That was my original goal. But didnt work out, so I'm doing just tork and openflash on my stock turbo car that I been driving everyday. Been hurrying to get all the mods done to it so it like a stage 2 type setup as I think that's most owners goals. So it will be relevant to the most people. Also why I chose to buy dyno time instead of using the one at my warehouse space. This way, its completly 3rd party dyno, and it will read numbers typical to most aftermarket suppliers dyno. I had a car that consistently trapped real high 120's only make low 300hp on the dyno dynamics. So it's not great for comparison numbers.
    2013 abarth
    Spec 2+ clutch
    Working on new divided turbo setup
    Homebrew fmic w/ corsa forza hoses
    Stock Downpipe with cat and 2.25discharge
    Coils
    Homemade cowl intake
    ECB yellows/stop tech fluid
    Koni/vogtland
    Braces and strut mounts
    Corsa forza vento
    E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned
    cowl intake, custom fmic and bypass valve, vogtlands, rear vette bilstiens, long 3 inch downpipe to stock rear section.

Comment

• Saponetta
      Lifetime Member
      Lifetime Member
      • Sep 2018

I'm still learning a ton. I've got most of the issues with my gt17 car figured out. It very smooth amd consistent. But it could be better and surely more powerful. Especially at the boost level I run. When I feel I can really be of use, I want to out together an open flash guide. Explaing what's what and strategys and principles that work well with these cars. Ive had lots of people ask me about stuff. I've found that certain aspects of this ecm require a knowledge and fiat specific thinking that people with experience on standalones, or older ecm fuel strategy might meed a little help with. I have a deep respect for all tuners of this platform, but some are more honest amd offer a better product than others.
      Last edited by Saponetta; 07-09-2019, 04:26 PM.
      2013 abarth
      Spec 2+ clutch
      Coils
      Homemade cowl intake
      Koni/vogtland
      Braces and strut mounts
      Corsa forza vento
      E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned
      cowl intake, custom fmic and bypass valve, vogtlands, rear vette bilstiens, long 3 inch downpipe to stock rear section.

Comment

• doverosx
        Lifetime Member
        Lifetime Member
        • Jul 2014

There is no reason why you can't dyno the car. EC conflates the issue, Open Flash has never said it would be an issue and Tork has never said it would be an issue.

There are torque, acceleration and so many more limiters inside the ECU, when you're on the dyno you will definitely hit these limiters unless they were adjusted for more performance. On the road, you will hit the limiters but in a slightly different way and regardless, you won't see a big difference in power. I ran 14.873 with EC Phase 2, I recently ran a 14.67 with Tork Stage 2. Phase 2 would only trap consistent 93s and low 94s with race gas. With 94 octane (normal street gas around here), Tork Stage 2 would regularly trap 94 and 95mph. I put up the comparison in the broken fiat club forum, but regardless the two tunes perform very closely and I believe the Tork tune edges out in tune refinement.

The power is repeatable, EGTs are lower, boost is lower, the car drives around town much smoother and the torque curve isn't a big a wallop down low that feels impressive at first only to nose dive. It comes up, hangs a bit, then continues to pull right on up until the turbo runs out of breath at 6k.

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
        Power:ATM Fender Intake, Forge BOV, ATM FMIC, Tork AutoX Tune, Tork CC Catless DP, Turbosmart WGA, Ragazzon Twin Muffler Cat Back
        Handling: H&R 5mm spacers, El Gato Front Braces, Tork Collars, DoverLabs Coilovers, CPR lower brace, DNA Rear Sway Bar
        Misc: Schrothe QuickFit Harness, OBDLink MX+, Race Tires: 205/45/16 Falken RT660, Street/Drag: 205/45/16 Conti ECS, HAWK HPS5.0
        DSP/D-class (local club classing)
        #notscare

Comment

• opiateESP
          Boost Addict
          Lifetime Member
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Romanoaf
          EC’s dyno video, for reference. Specific type of Dyno required per EC.
          This is utter garbage. Not true at all. Period. Just keep in mind that 2WD dyno numbers directly correlate to the 1/4 mile times and the inflated times leave you wondering why cars with the same power and weight you think you have are getting down MUCH faster... ... ...

This is just simple fact. Anything else is just made up to sell you garbage.

... besides, realism is faster than fantasy.
          Last edited by opiateESP; 07-09-2019, 11:12 PM.
          Pistons & Petrol: Follow us on YouTube.

2017 Abarth 124 Spider
          Tork Tuned | CP Pistons | Carrillo Rods | Garrett G25-550

The 300+ Club(?)
          #notscare

Comment

• Saponetta
            Lifetime Member
            Lifetime Member
            • Sep 2018

Mormons have magic underwear, ec has magic dynos.
            2013 abarth
            Spec 2+ clutch
            Coils
            Homemade cowl intake
            Koni/vogtland
            Braces and strut mounts
            Corsa forza vento
            E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned

Comment

• doverosx
              Lifetime Member
              Lifetime Member
              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Saponetta
              Mormons have magic underwear, ec has magic dynos.
              LMFAO, this new guy calls it as he sees it. Saponetta 2020.

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
              Power:ATM Fender Intake, Forge BOV, ATM FMIC, Tork AutoX Tune, Tork CC Catless DP, Turbosmart WGA, Ragazzon Twin Muffler Cat Back
              Handling: H&R 5mm spacers, El Gato Front Braces, Tork Collars, DoverLabs Coilovers, CPR lower brace, DNA Rear Sway Bar
              Misc: Schrothe QuickFit Harness, OBDLink MX+, Race Tires: 205/45/16 Falken RT660, Street/Drag: 205/45/16 Conti ECS, HAWK HPS5.0
              #notscare

Comment

• Romanoaf
                • Jan 2019

Originally posted by doverosx
                There is no reason why you can't dyno the car. EC conflates the issue, Open Flash has never said it would be an issue and Tork has never said it would be an issue.

There are torque, acceleration and so many more limiters inside the ECU, when you're on the dyno you will definitely hit these limiters unless they were adjusted for more performance. On the road, you will hit the limiters but in a slightly different way and regardless, you won't see a big difference in power. I ran 14.873 with EC Phase 2, I recently ran a 14.67 with Tork Stage 2. Phase 2 would only trap consistent 93s and low 94s with race gas. With 94 octane (normal street gas around here), Tork Stage 2 would regularly trap 94 and 95mph. I put up the comparison in the broken fiat club forum, but regardless the two tunes perform very closely and I believe the Tork tune edges out in tune refinement.

The power is repeatable, EGTs are lower, boost is lower, the car drives around town much smoother and the torque curve isn't a big a wallop down low that feels impressive at first only to nose dive. It comes up, hangs a bit, then continues to pull right on up until the turbo runs out of breath at 6k.
                Doverosx, thanks, that is useful feedback. I've seen your comparisons on BFC; EC P2 and Trk S1 run fairly similarly after 3500, with EC starting off stronger.
                The Dyno debate rages on; however, I think I remember reading that you had performed an Auterra dyno run(s) with some of the tunes, is this something you're willing to post?

In my eyes, B2B road logged runs would be a mostly impartial way to compare these tunes without anyone screaming dyno BS..

Comment

• doverosx
                  Lifetime Member
                  Lifetime Member
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Romanoaf
                  Doverosx, thanks, that is useful feedback. I've seen your comparisons on BFC; EC P2 and Trk S1 run fairly similarly after 3500, with EC starting off stronger.
                  The Dyno debate rages on; however, I think I remember reading that you had performed an Auterra dyno run(s) with some of the tunes, is this something you're willing to post?

In my eyes, B2B road logged runs would be a mostly impartial way to compare these tunes without anyone screaming dyno BS..

You say that but I *PROMISE* you that there is no reasoning with these people. The non-kool-aiders don't typically post but they are watching. The kool aiders will always, always, always move the goal posts. I have spent thousands testing my own car and got so damn close with maintaining appropriate conditions that even with 91 octane (putting Tork S1) at a disadvantage, none of the kool aiders saw anything reasonable. Here is what one may conclude, EC's tune has higher torque limits down low (as you noted) and while the EC tune has a similar or higher PEAK power, the Tork S1 tune actually produces more area under the curve particularly above 5000RPM. If you race the EC tune, you feel a big time nose dive, however, with the Tork tune, it just continues to pull and pull, it levels off smoothly and then you shift.

I didn't end up doing road dynos because I saw the inability to please those who drink the kool aid. I received a LOT of support in behind the scenes from DMs and PMs through the forum and Facebook however. Additionally, that feedback made its way back to John; more feedback is making its way back to John particularly with 8GMKs and we're learning that the differences that were downplayed crop up when you start pushing for more power. I'd like to see your dynos btw and when I do road dyno (my friends car while tuning), I will definitely post up what I find out.

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
                  #notscare

Comment

• Romanoaf
                    • Jan 2019

I wouldn’t think EC would object to software road runs, seeing as they’ve written tech articles on the subject. And to be honest, I haven’t found the “non koolaiders” to be silent, at any mention of tuning, in my short time with this car.

ill do what I can once I’m setup to run, I would be performing software road runs to keep it impartial, and because it’s cheap.

I’m currently trying to revert to H class so I can baseline my racing against competition.. But I’m not sure if that’ll last long as I have yards of carbon fibre on order for an intake design I’ve been working on.

i don’t mean to derail the subject
                    Last edited by Romanoaf; 07-10-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• doverosx
                      Lifetime Member
                      Lifetime Member
                      • Jul 2014

Awesome. Good to see new blood in this damn forum actually using facts and science.

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
                      #notscare

Comment

• 126pwannabe
                        • Jan 2015

Are the Tork Tunes even available? Don't seem to be on the website...

Comment

• opiateESP
                          Boost Addict
                          Lifetime Member
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Peterszew
                          Are the Tork Tunes even available? Don't seem to be on the website...
                          Look closer.

It's easy to find. They're waiting for a new batch of handhelds. They've been selling a lot of them lately.

Tork OBDII Handheld Tuner
                          Last edited by opiateESP; 07-10-2019, 03:15 PM.
                          Pistons & Petrol: Follow us on YouTube.

2017 Abarth 124 Spider
                          Tork Tuned | CP Pistons | Carrillo Rods | Garrett G25-550

The 300+ Club(?)
                          #notscare

Comment

• doverosx
                            Lifetime Member
                            Lifetime Member
                            • Jul 2014

Oh and the Tork S2 is definitely faster and produces higher peak power on the dyno than the EC P2. Tork S2 is actually one of my favourite tunes I’ve ever had on the car so far. We’ll get there with the meth tune but I have some hardware issues that I’m working on; trying to keep the nozzle from popping out of the charge pipe.

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
                            #notscare

Comment

• Saponetta
                              Lifetime Member
                              Lifetime Member
                              • Sep 2018

Git a few pm fro. Vendors and dyno owners laughing about ec claim. Apparently there was a time where they claimed a cell phone dyno was as legitimate as a real chassis dyno. Wow.

I've never ran a tork tune. I'm not loading one till the day before the dyno and just to check and make sure there are no issues and verify car runs safe on it.

But its pretty obvious he has spent more time indexing this ecm than probably anyone in america.
                              Last edited by Saponetta; 07-11-2019, 02:49 PM.
                              2013 abarth
                              Spec 2+ clutch
                              Coils
                              Homemade cowl intake
                              Koni/vogtland
                              Braces and strut mounts
                              Corsa forza vento
                              E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned

Comment

• 126pwannabe
                                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by opiateESP
                                Look closer.

It's easy to find. They're waiting for a new batch of handhelds. They've been selling a lot of them lately.

Tork OBDII Handheld Tuner
                                really. "Product not found" as per your link.

It would be nice for some legit folks like GIAC / APR to get into the 1.4T game.

Comment