Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Fiat Sales for April 2019

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fiat500USA
    Amministratore
    • Feb 2011

Fiat Sales for April 2019

Fiat500USA.com
    Has Just Posted the Following:

Overall Fiat brand sales for April were up 10 percent compared to March. Fiat sales totals have been steadily increasing the past few months this year...

Read more here...
    Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
    fiat 500 forum signature
    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com
  • tvmaster
    • Oct 2018

I see quite a few 500’s and 500e’s in SoCal, but almost zero Abarth’s, of either variety. For that matter, I can’t remember the last time I saw a 124 Spider (Fiata) on the road here, which is weird, ‘cause there are loads of Miata’s
    2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• venom
      • Apr 2019

Gas prices are up...Good sign for Fiat
      I’m not a Mopar guy...I’m a FCA guy...I’m so happy Fiat took Chrysler under its wing! With that said I have a good collection of FCA cars.

2013 500 Abarth
      2013 Viper GTS
      2016 Challenger 392 Scat Pack
      2005 Willys Edition Jeep TJ
      2005 Chrysler 300 SRT w/426 Hemi
      2012 Chrysler 300 SRT 6.4L
      2019 Ram Rebel
      2019 Jeep Cherokee Summit

****Looking to add another Abarth...Need a track day car I can strip down and go to VIR regularly****

Comment

• Lil Blue
        • Nov 2013

Coming across I-70 yesterday and shooting north to spend the night in Cleveland...saw only 2 Fiats. A 500 on a rolling parking lot. And an L going west. Would have thought we would have seen more. Wife did say we kept getting "stares" from other drivers as we passed them. Still an unusual car...for which I'm thankful. Oh...and who says you can't get comfortable going cross country in an Abarth-Cabrio. Here's my wife...Her Majesty The Queen...racked out for part of the trip. Heated seats help. Vermont bound Italian style.
        58758410_2323661607672325_8574079337974726656_n.jpg
        sigpic

2012 Pop Cabrio (Lil Blue/Poco Blu) 2013 Abarth Cabrio (Poco Ribelle) 1980 Spider Pininfarina 2000 (Money Pit)

Comment

• venom
          • Apr 2019

Are you sure you won’t getting stares because they thought you had a dead body in the front seat....������
          I’m not a Mopar guy...I’m a FCA guy...I’m so happy Fiat took Chrysler under its wing! With that said I have a good collection of FCA cars.

2013 500 Abarth
          2013 Viper GTS
          2019 Ram Rebel

****Looking to add another Abarth...Need a track day car I can strip down and go to VIR regularly****

Comment

• panther76
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by venom
            Gas prices are up...Good sign for Fiat
            how so? they sell a mini car with a highway rating of 34 mpg. unless they are prepared to bring us models that they've shown zero inclination to bring us, I dont see high gas prices helping fiat sales when folks can buy larger cars with better mileage numbers.

Comment

• KellyfromVA
              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by panther76
              how so? they sell a mini car with a highway rating of 34 mpg. unless they are prepared to bring us models that they've shown zero inclination to bring us, I dont see high gas prices helping fiat sales when folks can buy larger cars with better mileage numbers.
              Great point. Much larger Korean sedans get equal-to or better fuel economy than a much smaller Fiat 500. The selling point for Fiat's are they're, unique, quirky, European based designed cars that are easy to park and drive in congested cities.

Comment

• tvmaster
                • Oct 2018

Originally posted by KellyfromVA
                Great point. Much larger Korean sedans get equal-to or better fuel economy than a much smaller Fiat 500. The selling point for Fiat's are they're, unique, quirky, European based designed cars that are easy to park and drive in congested cities.
                Yeah, our KIA Niro gets 42mpg on regular petrol. It’s nice having two cars....
                2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                  Amministratore
                  • Feb 2011

The 500 isn't intended as a fuel economy champ /econobox. It is made to be a fun, cool lifestyle car, much like a how a motorcycle is thought of. This is the hardest thing for traditional American car buyers (and even dealership personnel and some owners) to wrap their heads around. Even Fiat USA eventually caved into the notion on the Pop and Lounge in 2013 when they raised the final drive ratio to boost fuel economy. Originally the ratios were chosen to make the car fun to drive. They kept those ratios on the Sport.

Here's a link to the specs as an FYI: http://www.fiat500usa.com/2012/09/20...e-vehicle.html
                  Last edited by Fiat500USA; 05-06-2019, 05:27 PM. Reason: added spec link for reference

fiat 500 forum signature
                  abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Koreanadian
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
                    The 500 isn't intended as a fuel economy champ /econobox. It is made to be a fun, cool lifestyle car, much like a how a motorcycle is thought of. This is the hardest thing for traditional American car buyers (and even dealership personnel and some owners) to wrap their heads around. Even Fiat USA eventually caved into the notion on the Pop and Lounge in 2013 when they raised the final drive ratio to boost fuel economy. Originally the ratios were chosen to make the car fun to drive. They kept those ratios on the Sport.

Here's a link to the specs as an FYI: http://www.fiat500usa.com/2012/09/20...e-vehicle.html
                    Absolutely true. I rather stick with my Fiat 500 with the hideous B&M system and "horrible" (not really) MPG figures rather than those cars I call transportation appliances. (like Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima, Toyota Camry and Honda Accord to name a few) the 500 has its own issues and quirks ... and sometimes they're a pain in the butt, but I still rather drive this car, because as said above, the car is fun to drive. Gotta apply Marie Kondo to cars too you know? If it doesn't doesn't bring you joy, get rid of it.

Comment

• panther76
                      • Jun 2011

those ratios barely changed the mpg. having driven both version it was hard to tell any difference. at any rate, many of us loved the notion that we could have a car than easily got 40+ mpg (with the 5 speed manual),was fun to drive, and stylish. that was a combination that barely exists in the USA. Maybe that was a winning combination. they sure sold a good amount of manuals when they were selling 30,000+ 500's, and the vast majority of those were not turbos. its not an either or proposition, imo. If gas started creeping up toward $4 Id say the 500 could have been well positioned with the higher mileage 500's. American are willing to go for some fun and quirky style, but they arent willing to give up the one thing a tiny car should do well, and thats to be fuel efficient.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                        Amministratore
                        • Feb 2011

those ratios barely changed the mpg. having driven both version it was hard to tell any difference. at any rate, many of us loved the notion that we could have a car than easily got 40+ mpg (with the 5 speed manual),was fun to drive, and stylish. that was a combination that barely exists in the USA. Maybe that was a winning combination. they sure sold a good amount of manuals when they were selling 30,000+ 500's, and the vast majority of those were not turbos. its not an either or proposition, imo. If gas started creeping up toward $4 Id say the 500 could have been well positioned with the higher mileage 500's. American are willing to go for some fun and quirky style, but they arent willing to give up the one thing a tiny car should do well, and thats to be fuel efficient.
                        But it was just enough to appease the cry babies and bumped the mileage to 31/40 mpg (city/hwy) from 30/38 mpg (city/hwy)

If it mattered, most owners who knew how to drive for fuel economy could hit or exceed 40 mpg, but it was just a matter of getting it on the Monroney label.

Here's my lifetime average on my Abarth, which is pretty remarkable seeing I rarely drive on the highway, and have a rural commute on hills with lots of stop signs, etc.:

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• panther76
                          • Jun 2011

But it was just enough to appease the cry babies and bumped the mileage to 31/40 mpg (city/hwy) from 30/38 mpg (city/hwy)

If it mattered, most owners who knew how to drive for fuel economy could hit or exceed 40 mpg, but it was just a matter of getting it on the Monroney label.

Here's my lifetime average on my Abarth, which is pretty remarkable seeing I rarely drive on the highway, and have a rural commute on hills with lots of stop signs, etc.:

...and i had lots of fun with my pop and sport (non turbos manuals) and got a lifetime average of 43.7 mpg. I didnt even have to work at it. thats close to hybrid territory except hybrids are boring to drive and boring to look at. (many of them, anyway). fiat was never going to survive hear on ONLY the lifestyle factor. even those that "get it" can concern themselves with practicalities like gas mileage. FCA cant claim to have made good choices with their offerings of the 500 as evidenced by the 500 dying on the vine.

Comment

• dprb
                            • Jun 2011

They should cancel the standard 500 and just sell the Arbath. I owned a Prima Edizione #132 and now a 2017 Arbath. No comparison. ARbath is the killer Fiat car.

Comment

• venom
                              • Apr 2019

People think when they see a small car it gets better fuel economy. Then when they see an Abarth they think sporty and better fuel economy. Amazed at how they won’t even look to see the mpg listed on the sticker and just think because it’s small it gets great mpg.

2013 500 Abarth
                              2013 Viper GTS
                              2019 Ram Rebel

Comment