Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

First off, what brands of bearings are you using? Even a couple of the name brands have been noted to fail (front and rear) on the Fiat. Are you sourcing...

Ah, I've missed you Ted. Yeah, $145 is MSRP (dealer price). Around $16 to replace each unit. That's why people don't go to the dealer until they've checked...

OK, so you guys say Turbo coils won't work on the non-turbo. We know Alfa coils work on the turbo car... but they also work on the N/A models?

Go with Alfa coil pacs, expensive but smooth acceleration without hesitation = worth the price

https://500madness.com/start-shopping/pe...

Prices are all over the place for TPMS sensors and the quality varies. I wouldn't kick yourself too hard because you got the best ones out there, so youll...

Well...Welcome back Tedolph.

I got four new sensors as preventative maintenance with a four tire purchase at Costco. Paid Feb 2021 $43.89...

Only 11 weeks away to Ottawa Viva Italia Car Concorso and Italia Car Parade June 14 to 16
This is the only place to be on Fathers Day

These are the Gold winner for the 9th Italian Car Day event

Fernado Pasquale 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Alessandro Pellerito 1971...

Fiat X1/9: The Affordable Mid-Engine Sports Car That's Still Addictively Fun Today - autoevolution
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/fiat-x1-9...

Don't miss this event held in little Italy Montreal !!!...

This will be one of the largest gatherings of Italian Cars
Clubs form Toronto , Montreal and Ottawa will be attending ;

Toronto is...

Well, after 12 years and 90k miles, I also finally got the dreaded "Tire Pressure Monitoring System Unavailable" dashboard warning during startups....

I've checked the last few tanks, and the on-board measurement is consistently higher than what I calculate at the pump by 5-8%. Obviously it is not a...

Still getting about 42.5 mpg in mixed driving in my 2012 pop.

Only use the cheapest regular gas, not 91.

Tedolph

It should, Not sure if the others spoilers, need the roof pins....

Sure it will!...

nice idea!

but you should have had the sharp joins coming out the bottom of the rest..not the top

If you take the parts out of the equation, what's left is the installation and driving over curbs, which I don't think you are doing. It sounds like...

2019 Autocross Season

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cgpiper
    • Dec 2012

2019 Autocross Season

After a 1-year hiatus driving my ‘99 Z3 coupé, I’m back with AWBRT for this season. I refreshed the K&N filter, installed new coils and plugs, and started with Round 1 and 2at SCCA’s Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, California. Not a lot of H Street competition but I did sweep first place both days. Here’s my fastest run on the first day.

Bill Tubbs

2013 Nero Abarth
    RRM Rear Anti-sway Bar, Neuf Shifter Adapter, NORCAL SS Custom Gauge and Pillar Pod, K&N Air Filter, Falken Azenis RT 660 , 205/40-16 on Sparco Assetto Gara wheels

2021 SCCA Sacramento. - HS Champion
    2020 SCCA Sacramento - HS Champion
    2019 SCCA Sacramento - HS Champion
    2017 SCCA Sacramento - HS Champion
    2016 SCCA Sacramento - 3rd GS
    2015 SCCA Sacramento - 2nd GS
    2014 SCCA Sacramento - 3rd GS
    2013 SCCA Sacramento - 2nd GS
  • Maystro
    • Sep 2015

Good stuff!! Congrats.
    2015 Abarth Rosso.
    NEU-F lowering springs / NEU-F torsion bar.

Comment

• SSGForti
      • Jul 2017

Congrats. Nice run.

For me me today is the first time doing anything autocross. Having fun.

Comment

• mfz
        • Feb 2018

Ran my first Autocross on 6.22.19. Had a great time! Here are all my runs:

...feedback encouraged.
        Last edited by Fiat500USA; 06-25-2019, 10:51 AM. Reason: embedded video
        2016 FIAT 500T
        Koni Rear Yellows
        Abarth Front Struts
        500 Madness Springs
        ST Rear Anti-Sway Bar
        El Gato Lower Chassis Braces
        NEU-F Torque Arm Insert
        EC V2.1 Intake
        Forge BOV
        Turbosmart WGA
        PTP Turbo Blanket
        Muffler Delete
        17” Abarth Wheels
        Bob’s Trunk Strap

Comment

• sportfan
          Lifetime Member
          • Nov 2015

Back in the early 70's when I lived in s.e. Va. ,the courses we used were set up in shopping center parking lots. Short straights and many tight turns. Living on the cost it wasn't unusual for people to compete in Dino Ferraris ,real Mini's ,or Lotuses.

Comment

• Robert Nixon

Thanks for all the autocross posts!
            2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
            My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• cgpiper
              • Dec 2012

Haven’t seen much posting in this section for a while, so I’ll add to this thread. I was fortunate enough to win my class again this year! Last year I experimented with my stock BMW Z3 Coupé and took the C Street championship. But went back to AWBART this year because it’s just more fun 😝. I broke a wheel bolt while swapping the tires the week before the last rounds and couldn’t get it repaired in time, so took the Z3 and ran in CS. Fortunately I’d already locked up the championship in HS and didn’t need the Abarth. Our 5-lap finale is coming up in 2 weeks and was able the get the broken bolt out of the hub with no damage so, AWBART gets to play again at season’s end!
              Bill Tubbs

2013 Nero Abarth
              RRM Rear Anti-sway Bar, Neuf Shifter Adapter, NORCAL SS Custom Gauge and Pillar Pod, K&N Air Filter, Falken Azenis RT 660 , 205/40-16 on Sparco Assetto Gara wheels

Comment

• Ando
                Enthusiastically Slow
                Lifetime Member
                • Nov 2016

Very cool and congrats on taking HS without even racing the last event!

How do you like your Z3 other than not being as much fun as the Abarth? I've been lusting after clownshoes for so long but the Moupes are getting realllly pricey these days. The non-M Coupe is still plenty of car though. And there will probably never be another car like it built, which certainly adds to its appeal.

Comment

• cgpiper
                  • Dec 2012

Looks like you were progressing nicely as you got more confident with the course. At the end it looks like you're shifting into 3rd, maybe to get a little more 'oomph' for the finish. I'm thinking that for such a short distance you're probably not gaining anything because the slight lag between shifts offsets any addition speed advantage. I'd wind it up ore in 2nd while you have that great turbo torque band. Just a thought. Nice runs!!
                  Bill Tubbs

2013 Nero Abarth

Comment

• Robert Nixon

Congrats on the HS win!

From looking at the SCCA Solo Nationals in Nebraska last week, I saw one Abarth driving, so that's more than last year anyway!
                    2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.

Comment

• mfz
                      • Feb 2018

I got three AutoX in this summer. I’m in the street prepared so I have no interest in my points but it has been fun as hell!
                      2016 FIAT 500T
                      Koni Rear Yellows
                      Abarth Front Struts
                      500 Madness Springs
                      ST Rear Anti-Sway Bar
                      El Gato Lower Chassis Braces
                      NEU-F Torque Arm Insert
                      EC V2.1 Intake
                      Forge BOV
                      Turbosmart WGA
                      PTP Turbo Blanket
                      Muffler Delete
                      17” Abarth Wheels
                      Bob’s Trunk Strap

Comment

• Robert Nixon

Originally posted by mfz
                        I got three AutoX in this summer. I’m in the street prepared so I have no interest in my points but it has been fun as hell!
                        Right there with you, haven't driven as much this year, but enjoy what I'm doing! Did 2 autocross events in another car earlier this year, got a track weekend coming up in Oct.

Comment