Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

Stereo replacement...U-connect 5.0 2016+

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tvmaster
    • Oct 2018

Cool. Looking forward to another awesome pictorial. It’s funny, but in my limited experience, factory mics always sound better than aftermarkets, but I’ve never tried a Kenwood. That’s why I wonder if it’s the location as opposed to the mechanical which makes the difference.
    2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• BigMike
      • Feb 2019

Okay....here we go....

Ended up with a Kenwood Excelon DMX905S not what I originally wanted but it was also 240.00, also picked up the Maestro and CH3, Double din Metra dask kit, and an antenna adapter.

Start by disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery. 20190308_164620.jpg

Then remove the climate control panel, this just pops off, be careful not to lose the metal spring clips. Undo the torx screws holding the passenger dash trim, pop this off. 20190308_165201.jpg

then remove the torx for the bezel. 20190308_165559.jpg

After removal of the bezel, remove the 4 Torx holding the head unit in place. 20190308_165749.jpg

disconnect the head unit and connect the Maestro and CH3 harness. (instructions downloadable on Maestro site. I did have to trim the two small corners of the plastic in the dash to get the unit to fit, unless you are running an incredibly shallow unit or a single din you will have to trim this.

As a side note I retained the factory backup camera WITH guidance lines AND the rear parking sensors which also display on the head unit.

I also retained HILL START/DOOR LOCKS/UNITS (mph or km)

I lost FACTORY MIC, USB, and DRL Control, however I believe DRL can be added, I'm reaching out to Maestro for an update.

20190404_063729.jpg20190404_063745.jpg20190404_063741.jpg

1. The stock speakers absolutely are rubbish, they sound better with the control this unit applies but they cannot handle the power this head unit feeds them over about 1/3rd volume.
      2. The screen really does not look out of place.
      3. With the maestro I get OBDII readout, code reset, and gauge display, nice touch.

Comment

• tvmaster
        • Oct 2018

Sorry, what’s DRL? The Meastro is the key to retaining the features found in the original headunit? And post a wide shot of the install if you can, so we can see in relation to the dash And if you retained rear camera, then you have a 2018?
        2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• BigMike
          • Feb 2019

Daytime Running Lights, lost the ability to turn them on or off like we can with the factory head unit. I'll email Maestro and see if a new firmware will correct that, I don't see why it wouldn't.

I'll get a wider shot tonight, and yes I have a 2018, so I kept my rear backup with the lines that curve with the wheel, and the parking sensors integrate and display on the screen, I'll try and get a shot of that too.

Comment

• tvmaster
            • Oct 2018

So they're just on all the time? When you engage the regular headlights, do the DRL get shut down?

Comment

• aktif8
              • Mar 2014

Under the cluster display menu item, are you able to set the time and date that display on the cluster?
              13 500c abarth E+D | cravenspeed | supersprint | cpr | roadrace | corsa forza | m&r | HPSi | Koni | ATM | Wood Co | PTP | Forge | MPx | Neu-f | lots of other stuff

16 Macan S

Comment

• BigMike
                • Feb 2019

I'll double check on the time and date.

TV... I turned my DRLs off before the swap, so they are off all the time.

Comment

• BigMike
                  • Feb 2019

Can confirm, time set on aftermarket stereo transfers to the clock on the spedo cluster. wider view pic, and pic showing reveres lines and sensor overlay on the right.

20190412_071033.jpg20190412_070538.jpg

Comment

• tvmaster
                    • Oct 2018

the reverse lines from the backup camera - how are those generated, by the factory camera, or the new headunit? And how did the camera plug into the factory unit, RCA male plug?

Comment

• RexS
                      Premium Member
                      • Aug 2018

Anyone figure out the flashing odometer issue after installing an aftermarket stereo? Just installed JVC single DIN unit in my wifes 500 sport and now I have the flashing odometer.
                      sigpic
                      2013 500 Sport - Espresso Brown Metallic
                      Aodhan AH-02 17x8 +35 4x100 Wheels
                      Abarth factory suspension for lowering
                      Sony XAV-AX8000 8.95” floating LCD screen Android Auto stereo
                      Beats Audio System

Comment

• pmendoza502
                        • Feb 2017

Maybe the BCM is confused because it isnt detecting the stock headunit?

Comment

• tvmaster
                          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by BigMike
                          Okay....here we go....

...I lost FACTORY MIC, USB, and DRL Control, however I believe DRL can be added, I'm reaching out to Maestro for an update.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33476[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33477[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33478[/ATTACH]

1. The stock speakers absolutely are rubbish, they sound better with the control this unit applies but they cannot handle the power this head unit feeds them over about 1/3rd volume.
                          2. The screen really does not look out of place.
                          3. With the maestro I get OBDII readout, code reset, and gauge display, nice touch.
                          When you say you lost ‘USB’, do you mean BOTH the center console AND glove box USB, or just center floor console?
                          What about the center, floor console AUX input? Can you still use that?
                          Any luck with Maestro and. firmware fix for DRL’s?

Comment

• Tmark
                            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by tvmaster
                            When you say you lost ‘USB’, do you mean BOTH the center console AND glove box USB, or just center floor console?
                            What about the center, floor console AUX input? Can you still use that?
                            Any luck with Maestro and. firmware fix for DRL’s?

Also looking for an answer to this. Did the floor USB become dead completely, or can it still be used to charge a phone?

Comment

• racerx2050
                              • Jul 2021

Originally posted by Tmark
                              Also looking for an answer to this. Did the floor USB become dead completely, or can it still be used to charge a phone?

I know this is old but someone may still need this answered.

you can maintain the floor USB connection with the below

Electop 2 Pack USB 2.0 A Male to USB B Mini 5 Pin Female Adapter Converter
                              by Electop
                              Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PGGUWA...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

• Hermiabarth
                                Lifetime Member
                                Lifetime Member
                                • Jan 2019

Originally posted by racerx2050
                                I know this is old but someone may still need this answered.

you can maintain the floor USB connection with the below

Electop 2 Pack USB 2.0 A Male to USB B Mini 5 Pin Female Adapter Converter
                                by Electop
                                Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PGGUWA...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Confirmed - I used one of these for my Kenwood install on a 2016 Abarth.
                                2016 Abarth Rosso: auto, sunroof, nero leather, electronic climate control, no Beats, ATM fmic, DNA chassis braces, Prometeo skid plate, 25mm tubular rear torsion bar, wheel stud conversion, E.C. V. 3 intake, GFB+ diverter valve, Gruvenparts billet oil filter canister, Euro 4th gen halo tail lights, LED headlights, fog lights, Kenwood Excelon DDX 9906 head unit, Neuspeed SS brake-lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, 50th Anniversary Abarth wheels, 205/40/17 Michelin Pilot AS4 tires.

Comment