Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having an issue. An "ungodly" sound isn't too descriptive. What does it sound like? When does...

Valve length question

Hello,

2013 Abarth in Canada.

I had the typical burnt exhaust valve issue. I decided not to go with the OEM ones since first...

I am going to assume you mean Gen 1 because of cost.

Most Mechanical issues were corrected by 2017. If you do buy a 2016 make sure the motor...

What common issues should I look for in a 500x?

I'm looking at different cars and the 500x has crossed my mind. I'm wondering what issues I should look for because as a Fiat fan and someone needing...

Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier with bike attachment for sale

I have a like new Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier bars with a bicycle attachment. I bought it from Micks Garage in England - https://www.micksgara...

Automatic transmission? If that's an automatic it could be as simple as the battery being defective (or not fully charged).

I would start...

Yeah, Ford has a history of "minimal design". They want to save money and keep weight down so they design for using the least material. My neighbor's...

Help us raise funds to support Melanoma Canada.
Help us achieve our goal of raising $150,000 to help support the melanoma and skin cancer com

that's a funny. One of the very few issues I had with my brand new fuel injected YUGO was the PCV hose used to freeze up in freezing weather and oil would...

We had a great time. Thanks to everyone that helped put the event together!

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth - Starts, But Not Moving

Hi all! I've got a 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth that has been sitting for almost 6 months. I have not used it in the winter since it's not a great vehicle where...

^^^ This ^^^ its one weak design point. I had the 225 slant six in my Dodge Coronet. Great engine but mine had a habit of blowing oil out of the breather...

Abarth 4C!

This is interesting. They're taking existing 4Cs and reinventing them as Abarths

https://www.motor1.com/news/716049/alfa-romeo-4c-return...

pin which locks the charging door is broken.

Hi
In my 500Ee the pin which locks the charging door is broken.
Any idea where I can get a replacement?

THX...

I didn't actually take the drain plug off. I sucked the oil out of it as the plug was not coming off and If you see the location, you'll...

lol Great vid. Originally I heard they might allow owners to customize the slow speed audio byte. I assume the killjoys at NAFTA nixed that for the US...

That's an interesting case on your 124. Can you get to the vent and run a wire down it? In the old days I'd see grease and, sometimes, diff oil break...

Interesting thoughts ideas here. I like the tip about using the door as leverage, though I'm afraid I'd find out my door pins are shot, too....

Abarth exhaust is too loud for new CA law... What to do?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texanbrit
    Lifetime Member
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Rocco Reviews...
    The only things that separates the Abarth from the 500T are, the load of Abarth badges (including the stripes) around the car, the aggressive exhaust, the turbo boost gauge, the more track focused interior, the Abarth tune the gives it more power, and old 500 Pop’s giant spoiler. That’s it. But, if you take a base Abarth, and put it next to the 500T, they look practically identical.
    There are many other differences. Steering rack, rear suspension, traction control etc but yes they look similar.
    2013 500c Abarth - Isabella (race car)
    2013 500 Abarth - Igor (Project Daily)
    2012 500 Pop - Popabella (engine rebuild ongoing)
    2014 500L - The Hulk (falling apart)

Comment

• Fiat500USA
      Amministratore
      • Feb 2011

The only things that separates the Abarth from the 500T are, the load of Abarth badges (including the stripes) around the car, the aggressive exhaust, the turbo boost gauge, the more track focused interior, the Abarth tune the gives it more power, and old 500 Pop’s giant spoiler. That’s it. But, if you take a base Abarth, and put it next to the 500T, they look practically identical.
      There are more differences than you think.

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
      There have been a few thread on this. Here is a quote from one:
      It is and it isn't the same. Think of the 500T as a Sport with more power. As everyone knows it uses the same engine and trans as the Abarth, but with the suspension of the Sport. Obviously, everything could be changed over to Abarth specs, but the cars do have quite a few unique differences that would need to be addressed.

Besides the engine calibrations and the trim changes, here are some other differences between the 500 Abarth and the 500T:

• 40 percent stiffer spring rate and 0.6- inch (15 mm) lower ride height.
      • Abarth-designed cast iron front-lower control arms for improved lateral stiffness.*
      • Increased negative camber to -1.5 degrees.
      • Dual-valve Frequency Selective Damping (FSD) KONI front Struts.
      • 40 percent more torsionally rigid rear axle with strengthened coil-spring supports.
      • A 0.87-inch (22 mm) Abarth-specific solid rear-stabilizer bar.
      • 20 percent stiffer rear springs with 0.6-inch (15 mm) lower ride.
      • Abarth features a 15.1:1 (up from 16.3:1) steering-gear ratio for 10 percent quicker steering.
      • Uniquely tuned electronic power steering (EPS) calibration for increased steering response and feedback.
      • Abarth-tuned ESC system features a three-mode calibration to maximize handling capabilities on and off the track. When ESC is selected from “On” to “Partial Off” or “Full Off” on the instrument panel, the 500 Abarth’s Torque Transfer Control (TTC) system maximizes throttle performance during on-throttle cornering.

*The 500T may also have the cast iron arms. Have to check.

Admin note: it does
      The Abarth also doesn't have a muffler while the Turbo does.

As I started my search for a 2013-2015 Abarth, I noticed I was making a big mistake. The 2013 500T was the better buy in my opinion... I Finally pulled the trigger a month ago on a beautiful 2013 fiat 500T copper color with only 12500 miles. cost of this baby was only 11,000 which was 4 grand less than the Abarth in my area. I

Depending on what you want to do and how far you want to go, maybe financing the extra $2,000 might make sense.
      Also, the bunch of badges have a significance. They pay homage to the legendary past:

Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
      fiat 500 forum signature
      abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Markn1689
        • Apr 2020

in best trump voice: “WRONG!”

Comment

• mattsnapz
          Lifetime Member
          Lifetime Member
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Markn1689
          in best trump voice: “WRONG!”
          the dudes talking about 'visible looks' i expect - mentioning every nut & bolt & trim piece & mini detail isnt really relevant...
          -2013 Gray 500 Abarth-Red/Black Leather-Sunroof-Climate Control-Manual Trans-60k+ miles-
          -Sila short cai-magneti marelli pedal control-

11 years living in the USA.....I'm from England where hot hatches are more common than pubs! Here, where I'm at in NH, not so much....

Comment

• Fiat500USA
            Amministratore
            • Feb 2011

My post was addressing the "That's it" comment. I just want folks that come here to get accurate info, especially if something diminishes the value of our cars. Plus it's a good reminder of some of the detail differences for reference.
            Last edited by Fiat500USA; 09-20-2020, 11:58 AM. Reason: added last thought

fiat 500 forum signature
            abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• smark
              • Apr 2014

Larger Brakes, shocks, suspension, tires, wheels, exhaust, seats, steering wheel, boost gauge, horse power. It’s sad the Abarth doesn’t stand out, any more. Styling wise. Unless you see the Abarth stripes, and notice the option 17”, and hear the exhaust note. The average person wouldn’t know the difference, from a Pop/Lounge 500 to a Abarth now.

Comment

• tvmaster
                • Oct 2018

Where I live, it’s like the Boxster or the 911: the car guys know the 911, everybody else; “oh, it’s a Porsche”
                lol
                2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• HalfPint
                  • Nov 2019

Pretty funny to have the 500 Abarth be considered a "sleeper"! Just start it up and get on the gas, there will be no doubt.
                  Completely stock 2016 500 Abarth, Rhino & Nero,
                  2017 Jeep Renegade 1.4 Turbo, Anvil & Black
                  2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Comment

• map
                    • Dec 2018

Maybe, if a person has actually heard an Abarth before. 3 or 4 Abarths appeared locally for the first time this year. Without looking at the decals, they are rather hard to ID in stock form; have to check the dual exhaust. The 18/19 Pop does a fair imitation, especially with the muffler delete. Even w/o the delete, local car guys sometimes confuse the 2 models.

Most of the local 500's are older pops, many running steelies w/o the hubcaps, so are easy to ID. I asked a couple guys about that. Apparently the factory hubcaps don't stay attached.
                    Last edited by map; 09-21-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• smark
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by HalfPint
                      Pretty funny to have the 500 Abarth be considered a "sleeper"! Just start it up and get on the gas, there will be no doubt.
                      Just don’t get into a drag race, with a 2020 Honda Odyssey minivan. With a baby aboard sign of the window. You might be able to take it on in the quarter mile.

0A341A9F-0AB9-4C52-95A2-892A4C3CC168.jpg

Even monster SUV’s are fast these days.

Last edited by smark; 09-21-2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• HalfPint
                        • Nov 2019

Originally posted by smark
                        Just don’t get into a drag race, with a 2020 Honda Odyssey minivan. With a baby aboard sign of the window. You might be able to take it on in the quarter mile.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37986[/ATTACH]

Even monster SUV’s are fast these days.

https://www.carindigo.com/honda/civic-si/0to60
                        Yeah, but drag racing is not what an Abarth is about. Let me see that minivan keep up in the twisties.
                        2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Comment

• smark
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by HalfPint
                          Yeah, but drag racing is not what an Abarth is about. Let me see that minivan keep up in the twisties.
                          Let see a Abarth take 6 screaming brats to school, and still it’s doors blown off. By mommies mini van. What sad the Abarth is such a small car. A lot of these crossover, SUV’s, even sedans. Are faster, and handle even much better.
                          Last edited by smark; 09-21-2020, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                            Amministratore
                            • Feb 2011

There will always be faster cars, but some things can't be measured with devices. Things like class, charisma, heritage and design. These are some of the things that separate the Abarth from the rest of the same old same old. You can park an Abarth in front of a Ferrari dealer and it fits. You aren't pulling that off in a Yaris.

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• smark
                              • Apr 2014

There will always be faster cars, but some things can't be measured with devices. Things like class, charisma, heritage and design. These are some of the things that separate the Abarth from the rest of the same old same old. You can park an Abarth in front of a Ferrari dealer and it fits. You aren't pulling that off in a Yaris.
                              I use to park my old smart car, in front of the Mercedes-Benz dealership. Where I purchase my $14k car. They sold Alfa’s, Ferrari, Porsche, land rovers, jaguars, MB, Maserati, Maybach etc. All those models, used the same service department as the smart car. I would Sit in the waiting room. With doctors, lawyers, and sports Players. They ask me me how I liked my car. Got the same customer service as any of those more $$$ cars, they sold.

Last edited by smark; 09-21-2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• HalfPint
                                • Nov 2019

Originally posted by smark
                                Let see a Abarth take 6 screaming brats to school, and still it’s doors blown off. By mommies mini van. What sad the Abarth is such a small car. A lot of these crossover, SUV’s, even sedans. Are faster, and handle even much better.
                                Have you looked at what kind of power and performance is available there days? There are tons of very, very fast cars out there, and not all that expensive either. Go get one if that's what you want - the Abarth has a certain appeal to some of us, and it's very good at what it does. It's only got 160hp, what would you expect? I didn't buy mine because it was the fastest in a straight line.
                                2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Comment