Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

Blue and me

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saponetta
    Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member
    • Sep 2018

Blue and me

First off, stupidest name I've ever heard. Second, I know it only works with phone and text. But my glovebox usb doesn't work either for music. In fact, I have a recorder and an few keyboard and mellotron type apps and sometimes at random it will play recordings i made on those without me doing anything. But won't play spotify or pandora. It works thru the auxiliary port though. Next question, WTF is the box under passenger seat with usb ports for? It just charges phone? That doesn't seem right. I expected an Italian car to have wonky stupid, infotainment, but with only 6000 miles, I expected it to work still. Anyways, any info, explanation, or advice would he appreciated. I actually just upgraded from a pretty old phone to a galaxy 9. But I haven't driven the car in a while to see if a newer android works better with it. Btw this is a 2013abarth.
    2013 abarth
    Spec 2+ clutch
    Working on new divided turbo setup
    Homebrew fmic w/ corsa forza hoses
    Stock Downpipe with cat and 2.25discharge
    Coils
    Homemade cowl intake
    ECB yellows/stop tech fluid
    Koni/vogtland
    Braces and strut mounts
    Corsa forza vento
    E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned
    cowl intake, custom fmic and bypass valve, vogtlands, rear vette bilstiens, long 3 inch downpipe to stock rear section.
  • Saponetta
    Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member
    • Sep 2018

Looks like you guys are as puzzled by this garbage system as I am.
    2013 abarth
    Spec 2+ clutch
    Working on new divided turbo setup
    Homebrew fmic w/ corsa forza hoses
    Stock Downpipe with cat and 2.25discharge
    Coils
    Homemade cowl intake
    ECB yellows/stop tech fluid
    Koni/vogtland
    Braces and strut mounts
    Corsa forza vento
    E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned
    cowl intake, custom fmic and bypass valve, vogtlands, rear vette bilstiens, long 3 inch downpipe to stock rear section.

Comment

• SoundsHotter
      • Jan 2019

And Fiat is no help whatsoever, wonder why they don't give a crap? They do know we talk, chart and e-mail, right? Never had a car, and I have had Many, where the manufacturer just seemed to wash their hands because they made a product that has issues, at best. CS leads to sales and if they don' realize that we as owners might have even bigger issues in the future.

Comment

• bryanintowson
        • Mar 2012

I have a 2012 500 Lounge and an iPhone Xr. I paired the phone without issues and use a bluetooth dongle to play music wirelessly. BlueandMe was developed jointly by FIAT, not FIAT Chrysler in 2006/7 and it shows.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
          Amministratore
          • Feb 2011

Like bryanintowson says, it is an older system and has some issues. Fiat moved on in 2016, so I doubt there will be any updates on it. There was an update for 2015 cars that may help guys with those cars. You can read it here: http://www.fiat500usa.com/2015/08/fi...me-update.html

Also, a lot of the folks that bought the car new that posted here have figured out how to get the system to work or at least deal with the limitations so there are a lot of tips and suggestions in this sub-forum so checking through the threads may help. Personally, I wouldn't expect much out of the system so don't get too aggravated. Good luck.

An observation is a thread that starts with a rant generally gets less traffic, so that and the fact that the system is on the older cars may be why there aren't a lot of replies.
          Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
          fiat 500 forum signature
          abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• rustbucket
            • May 2013

Iirc Blue and Me is a Microsoft product developed with FIAT pre Chrysler merger. I've not had occasion to use the USB port ... I use it strictly for phone and text, music is Sirius satellite radio and the occasional CD so I can't help you there. I've had it five years in my '13 500 Sport and no real complaints ... it's more than I expected given what I paid for the car new. My last three phones were Windows Mobile (2 were 8.1, the other 10) and they paired seamlessly and voice recognition works well (replying to texts) ... I was and still am happy with it. It's old tech but it still works for me.

My recommendation to the OP would be to check online- there are a couple of boards that I'm aware of that deal strictly with Blue and Me ... they might be of some help.
            2018 FIAT 500 Abarth- manual, 17" wheels, sunroof, perla white tricoat, red leather, bone stock (for now) daily driver

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn crew cab- 5.7L eTorque Hemi (mild hybrid), 3.92 rear axle, diamond black crystal pearl coat

2021 Harley-Davidson FLHR Road King, billiard red, RDRS

Comment