Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

Eurocompulsion, I need to say this!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dioready
    • Sep 2018

Eurocompulsion, I need to say this!

First of all I don’t have any affiliation with Eurocompulsion, I just want to give my own opinion/review and maybe help out some people that hasn’t decided yet on what route to go when it comes to purchase aftermarket parts for their FIAT’s.

Let’s talk about my experience with Eurocompulsion just in case there is people out there still wondering how goody his company really is. I know there are a few shops from were you can buy FIAT aftermarket parts but when it comes to me I’m the kind of person that wants to be completely satisfied when I spend my hard earned money to buy parts and when I’m looking to achieve any goals with my car. I can be a pain in the ass customer in other words XD.

Before deciding in what shop to buy my parts, after buying my FIAT I got a recommendation from Carlos Rodriguez, he told me I couldn’t go wrong with Eurocompulsion but, knowing myself and, that I don’t take the first recommendations as final I decided to do an in depth research and comparison on the products they are offering on their website versus the ones being offered and advertised on other websites. Since the competition and advertisements are strong in most I had to take in consideration the companies own proven test results performed on their vehicles versus the reviews from customers and, let me tell you, they are all on fire but, since I’m a tech I could pin point some stuff out to narrow my search.

First I needed to think about the tune, piggyback or PCM flash.

I looked at this first to see what mods to go for so that the tune will support it and that way I don’t end spending more money than I should. My plans are mostly daily drive but beeing able to do autocross, track time atacks at the same time. I’m a technician, I work with a high standard brand and there are a few companies that do piggybacks for the brand I work for but sadly I have seen all the issues that you can get by having piggybacks installed in your vehicle, so I was a little skeptical about going that route and looking at how expensive they are for FIAT I actually was trying to avoid them. I mean, I was looking at three specific brands but the reviews were empty, no specific details and when somebody was having an issue those companies except one were trying to go around the situations the customers were complaining about and most of the answers were : each car is different, that it was a matter of incorrect installation, that the dynos where different, one of the brands is having issues with 2014 up models even causing engine failures I mean cm on, if they were cheap I’ll understand but that’s not the case and do I want to be in that situation? I don’t think so. That being said when I saw that at one point EC was affiliated with a certain brand running a piggyback with an EC tune but they ended up breaking business with that company due to some issues I then realized this guys(EC) are serious in what they offer, they take care of their customers and they would not sell you something that could easily harm your car, that was an extra point right there. And don’t get me wrong there are some good piggybacks out there and the fact that it will not affect the warranty of your car(if you don’t let them see it installed) made me think a bit. Actually I found two companies that seems to have the best piggybacks for daily use and track use but I decided going for the flash instead since is understandable from all the reviews I’ve seen, and at the same time me being a technician with enough knowledge I understood that’s the safest route to go and were I know my money will be well spent since it seems that is really flexible when it comes to tuning and the tuners behind it know what they are doing. Just lets accept something, a good tuner is the key to get the most out of any modified car. The Euro Drive seems to have smoother tunes and with such serious company what could go wrong? I mean everything is a risk when it comes to modifying you car but, I always look for the best to keep the risk as low as possible. I’m still waiting for my tune to be finish so I will do a review on the Euro Drive itself as soon as they send me the tune to upload it to my car, count on that.

So I decided to go with The Euro Drive, now let’s talk about the supporting mods. Eurocompulsion haves a good resource of aftermarket parts and when doing the research seems that they only carry the best quality proven products for the right price, that’s an extra point right there. Did my research and everything checked out perfect, good reviews on all those parts. From there then I decided to try them out since I chose them, let’s say as my “performance shop” to go for, all power train related, brakes and suspension.

The test, I ordered already 5 times in less than 2 months, shipping is fast, perfectly packed and presentation gives you the same impression that the website gives you, very professional. They know how to bring value to their brand, EC promo, stickers and a few lollipops to sweeten the installation process, kudos. No issues so far with the parts I purchased as expected. The only thing I’m still waiting on is the EC FMIC but that is because the hoses are on back order and they already contact me to let me know that there was a delay and gave me a detailed information of why, just great service. Also when I ordered the Euro Drive I saw that two days passed and I didn’t saw any changes on the order so I sent them an email asking if everything was ok and Chris himself apologized and explained to me the situation. A lot of kudos for great communication.

In conclusion you will not go wrong with Eurocompulsion, I recommend this company to anybody looking to buy parts of any brand available on their site. They test what they offer, they have good presentation, fast shipping, excellent customer service, support and high quality parts. Carlos wasn’t wrong at all, I give them a 5 star rating and I will be buying more products, I have a long list XD.

Thank you Eurocompulsion!

All the best,
    Alejandro Colon
    Last edited by Dioready; 11-05-2018, 09:11 PM.
  • problem_417
    • Oct 2017

Thanks for your insight. I didn't do as much research as you did, but came to the same conclusion - great company that cares about their customers. I've seen it with the limited amount of questions I've emailed Chris myself. I'm saving up some pennies to go Phase 1 at most and will hopefully have it early next year. I'm excited to hear your detailed review on the Euro Drive tune! Based on your FMIC, I'm guessing you're going Phase2?

Comment

• Dioready
      • Sep 2018

That’s good to hear buddy, you should definitely go for it and yes my plan is going Phase 2 eventually and I’m probably going to stay there while I do the suspension work. It seems that any tune with the Euro Drive is a new level to have fun with so I might try almost all tunes available to compare and that’s why as for right now I requested the 695 TF and Phase 1 tuning to start. I will post a review talking about the Euro Drive itself after putting some good miles on it. Stay tuned!

Originally posted by problem_417
      Thanks for your insight. I didn't do as much research as you did, but came to the same conclusion - great company that cares about their customers. I've seen it with the limited amount of questions I've emailed Chris myself. I'm saving up some pennies to go Phase 1 at most and will hopefully have it early next year. I'm excited to hear your detailed review on the Euro Drive tune! Based on your FMIC, I'm guessing you're going Phase2?

Comment

• All Bark
        • Sep 2018

They’re the best option for this platform. Obviously looking at my sig, I’m biased, but also a completely satisfied customer and like the op, that’s not easy to do.
        2015 Abarth (auto) moonroof, leather, Beats, forged 17s
        Blackout oem headlight, taillight & turn signal package
        595 grey badges, door handles, carbon fiber door sills
        Neu-F springs, 28mm torsion bar, Koni yellows (rear)
        Neuspeed 2.5 inch full catback exhaust
        EBC slotted rotors & redstuff pads
        Chrome scorpion gas door
        Shrader rear seat delete
        EC 4.1 version intake
        EC FMIC and piping
        EC 695 & phase 2
        Sila turbo blanket
        Defi boost gauge
        Black roof wrap
        HID headlights
        GFB DV+
        4C coils
        Tinted

Comment

• doorite1
          • Nov 2017

I completely agree with all of the above comments...I've had nothing but great customer service from EC and I, too, am a discriminating buyer that had LOTS of questions - Chris from EC answered every one of them and then some!! "All Bark" - our cars seem to be set up very similarly. I'm quite happy with the results.
          sigpicDoo-Rite

2015 Abarth w/factory 17" gunmetal wheels w/16mm spacers; E + D Phase 2; EC V4.1 Intake; E + D Pedal Pro ; Neu-F rear torsion bar; Madness front brace bar; short-shifter; StopTech Cross-drilled/slotted rotors on all 4 corners w/ upgraded pads; GFB DV+; Turbomaster Wastegate Actuator; Toyo R888's (for race days!); KW V-1 Coilovers w/new top hats; Euro Compulsion FMIC; E + D Oil Catch Can; Neu-F Torque Arm Insert.​ Corsa Forza lower frame brace.

Comment

• All Bark
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by doorite1
            I completely agree with all of the above comments...I've had nothing but great customer service from EC and I, too, am a discriminating buyer that had LOTS of questions - Chris from EC answered every one of them and then some!! "All Bark" - our cars seem to be set up very similarly. I'm quite happy with the results.
            Nice bud, great minds think alike, or fools seldom differ
            2015 Abarth (auto) moonroof, leather, Beats, forged 17s
            Blackout oem headlight, taillight & turn signal package
            595 grey badges, door handles, carbon fiber door sills
            Neu-F springs, 28mm torsion bar, Koni yellows (rear)
            Neuspeed 2.5 inch full catback exhaust
            EBC slotted rotors & redstuff pads
            Chrome scorpion gas door
            Shrader rear seat delete
            EC 4.1 version intake
            EC FMIC and piping
            EC 695 & phase 2
            Sila turbo blanket
            Defi boost gauge
            Black roof wrap
            HID headlights
            GFB DV+
            4C coils
            Tinted

Comment

• Dioready
              • Sep 2018

Nice to see more satisfied people, that makes me reassure that I made the right decision!

Comment

• 500Tbarth
                • Jan 2018

I just flashed Phase0-Phase1 on my 2016 500T (auto) and you can definitely feel it. I do feel like my throttle needs to be a little better but good thing I have a Go Pedal installed, that’s when I really feel the pull. Can’t wait to get EC FMIC and update the tune to Phase 2!

Comment

• Dioready
                  • Sep 2018

I haven’t done the Go pedal yet and I felt the same thing until I installed the Alfa Romeo 4c coils, did you got those as well?

Comment

• Dioready
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by 500Tbarth
                    I just flashed Phase0-Phase1 on my 2016 500T (auto) and you can definitely feel it. I do feel like my throttle needs to be a little better but good thing I have a Go Pedal installed, that’s when I really feel the pull. Can’t wait to get EC FMIC and update the tune to Phase 2!

I haven’t done the Go pedal yet and I felt the same thing until I installed the Alfa Romeo 4c coils, that made a huge difference regarding the throttle response, did you got those as well?

Comment

• 500Tbarth
                      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Dioready

I haven’t done the Go pedal yet and I felt the same thing until I installed the Alfa Romeo 4c coils, that made a huge difference regarding the throttle response, did you got those as well?
                      Yes I did with new spark plugs gapped at .23 like they recommend. Maybe over time it’ll get better but the gas pedal felt stiffer and it took a bit for it to get up and go

Comment

• Voodude
                        • Sep 2016

Originally posted by 500Tbarth
                        500TBarth - Wanted to confirm you have a E+D Tuner installation and have a 500 Madness Go Pedal setup? Not the EC Pedal Pro? Are you able to find tune as the setting in the Go Pedal. Please provide additional info.

Thanks
                        2013 Abarth Bianco
                        BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2 205/40/17 | Ciao Torino Wheelset Silver | Craven Stubby Antenna | EC Euro+Drive w/ Dual Tune 695TF and Phase 1 * EC v4.1 Intake * EC Prometeo Oil Cap | Fiat Black Tailights | GFB DV+ | MPX Axle Back | NEU-F 28mm Rear Torsion Bar * Lowering Springs * Short Shift Adapter * Torque Arm Insert | NGEN Ignition Coils | NGK DCPR9EIX plugs | PTP Turbo Blanket | RaceEng Shift Knob Ashiko TranRed | RRM Corsa Chassis Braces | VVME HID Lamps & LED interior

Comment