Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Vogtland Rear Springs installed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RexS
    Premium Member
    • Aug 2018

Vogtland Rear Springs installed

I bought a set of Vogtland Springs off of ebay for $166. I just installed the rear because I wanted to see how it set and rode.

My feeling is that it rides just a good as the factory springs and it makes the car sit level now. I may never put in the front springs, not sure yet.

Springs 1.jpg
    sigpic
    2013 500 Sport - Espresso Brown Metallic
    Aodhan AH-02 17x8 +35 4x100 Wheels
    Abarth factory suspension for lowering
    Sony XAV-AX8000 8.95” floating LCD screen Android Auto stereo
    Beats Audio System
  • CaliAbarth
    • Sep 2018

Looks good! How much of a drop did you get in the back?
    2018 MT Abarth 500, piggyback and a filter.

Comment

• ewflyer
      • Mar 2012

Very interesting. I've thought about doing just the rear springs for exactly that effect. Not interested in lowering the whole car, just want it to stand more level overall.

Comment

• Jimpaulette
        • Jun 2017

I like that, Rex. I'm also looking to just have the car sit level and this could be a great solution.

Not sure I'd want to go much further than this and maybe some spacers for wheel offset.

Comment

• Klasse Act
          • Apr 2014

Yeah, how much of a drop was it? I know its an optical illusion because of the arch of the front and rear wheelwells, but in the pic it looks lower than the front, can you please take some measurements for us, thanks!
          2013 500 Abarth/Nero metallic...traded in.

Comment

• Drew's Dad
            • Jan 2013

Love the look... exactly what I need. Can you share the part numbers for the springs?

Comment

• kuttlefish
              • Sep 2017

FWIW, Vogtland springs are supposedly the only lowering springs that give you flat ride. I don't know enough about ratios and rebound rates to verify that, but I believe some people that are much smarter than me. Anyway, it might be worth it to put in the fronts to get everything just right.

Oddly enough, the Vogtland coilovers supposedly do NOT have flat ride. Again, just repeating what I heard.

Comment

• RexS
                Premium Member
                • Aug 2018

Originally posted by CaliAbarth
                Looks good! How much of a drop did you get in the back?
                They are supposed to be 1.4" front and 1.0" back. Like I said I just put in the rear for now, so about 1"

Originally posted by Klasse Act
                Yeah, how much of a drop was it? I know its an optical illusion because of the arch of the front and rear wheelwells, but in the pic it looks lower than the front, can you please take some measurements for us, thanks!
                It's not lower in the rear, if you look at the side skirts and the ground, it is about level, front may be a hair lower.

Originally posted by Drew's Dad
                Love the look... exactly what I need. Can you share the part numbers for the springs?
                Vogtland 09-17 500 & 500 Abarth #954026 $169.66 on ebay.
                sigpic
                Beats Audio System

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
                  Lifetime Member
                  • Dec 2015

If it's still just a little higher in the back you can replace the rear isolators to the thinner ones that are on EC's website and it will be more level. Their about 12 bucks I think. That's what I did on one application. Car measured to the ground same on all 4 corners.
                  !!!!! Gulia Hunt Begins !!!!
                  !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment

• hawk02
                    • Sep 2018

Anyone else been doing this with these springs? I like this idea and will be doing the KYB setup too in the rear>>>>>

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
                      Lifetime Member
                      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by hawk02
                      Anyone else been doing this with these springs? I like this idea and will be doing the KYB setup too in the rear>>>>>
                      Im talking about the thinner isolators after you install whatever lowering springs in the rear and if your still not happy with the drop compared to the front you can use the thinner isolators to gain more drop in the rear.
                      !!!!! Gulia Hunt Begins !!!!
                      !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment

• hawk02
                        • Sep 2018

Ordering these this weekend to install with the KYB setup!!!!!

Comment

• RexS
                          Premium Member
                          • Aug 2018

I ended up removing the Vogtlands recently, they were just a little too soft for me, softer than stock. I need just a little more stiffness in the rear.

If you are looking for lower and a soft ride they would be great. I will probably try to sell them for $100. Front never used, rear only for a couple of months.
                          sigpic
                          Beats Audio System

Comment

• hawk02
                            • Sep 2018

[QUOTE=RexS;839700]I ended up removing the Vogtlands recently, they were just a little too soft for me, softer than stock. I need just a little more stiffness in the rear.

If you are looking for lower and a soft ride they would be great. I will probably try to sell them for $100. Front never used, rear only for a couple of months.[/QUO

PM'd you!

Comment