Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

I was thinking about this post today on my way to work and saw a Giulia. I see a 500 maybe once every two weeks.

Looking good. What I usually do with the inside of the tailpipes is spray some WD40 on something soft like Never Dull Cotton Wading. After that, a chrome...

All of the tires were spin balanced. I think I have it figured it out thanks to the you! I took the car into the dealer to get the oil changed and asked...

Check the coolant recovery tank if you haven't already...

Will these wheels fit? good deal maybe

4x100mm, 43mm off set....I believe... Good summer tires on them.

Would these fit? Anyway to make it work? I know I need the wobble bolts...

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...
inside exhaust pipes need cleaning.
The outside are waxed, I'm reluctant to clean the inside with anything...

Below are the manufacturer's oil consumption guidelines we've published in previous posts. Depending on how you drive, and the maintenance done on the...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $30.00 on this Silver MegaWeight Shift Knob for your FIAT 500.

Improve your driving experience...

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

Front mount intercooler question

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ruckus
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Saponetta
    I agree the under the radiator routing is best. I did my custom one that way. I just did a side to side for a customer this passed week and only confirms my opinion. But corsa forza, agp, atm, and apparently this wagner all go under on both sides. So there ate probably more choices under the radiator assembly than inside to side. The core is the most important part though. Pressure drop has become a buzzword that anyone on the internet can recognize. Low pressure drop usually goes hand in hand with poor cooling in my experience. If you look at an expensive core thru the inlets it looks more like a water to air woth very small passages. Water to air have high pressure drop but cool very efficiently. It's not just the cold water that makes them effective it's the core design. They are just made for massive temp drips in a small package. The cheap cores have very large air passages and little pressure drop. The thing with fmic, its usually not hard to show big gains over factory setups even with cheap cores and bad design. But I've seen posts on here of people seeing the same or higher temps with EC and other cheap cores. The factory abarth setup seems to do a good job at cooling despite all its flaws regarding flow.
    If core size is the most important the Wagner-Tuning wins as it has the biggest cooling area of all the FMIC available for our 500 Abarth. But it is only also the one using “tube-fin” design which is inferior compared to “bar-tube” that everyone is using. Any though on that?
    “The Italians got this one right”………

Comment

• Saponetta
      Lifetime Member
      Lifetime Member
      • Sep 2018

Tube and fin typically flow well with low pressure drop. Thret weight less typically from a similar dimension bar and plate. They feel light. Different companies use different cores for their own reasons I'd imagine. Not just.prodiction cost. I have no testing to back all this up. But it's common knowledge. I've used both kinds on various cars. For small, high boost turbos, run near the edge of what boost they are even able to produce, I'd probably rather use a bar and plate. At that point, they essentially become hot air pumps. That's why a few e85 users on herestopped making torque with boost increases above like mid 20spsi but weren't knock limited on timing. Like I said, this is my opinion. But you also dont need much core capitcty for a 200hp car. I'd imagine all the extra core capacity we have on these fiats makes up for some of the cooling efficiency. I'd say use what kit seems most attractive to you. Plenty of evidence atm works great and people in this thread say it uses a Garrett core which are great. Most high end kits use bar and plate fwiw while most cheap stuff is tibe and fin.
      Last edited by Saponetta; 03-20-2019, 01:49 PM.
      2013 abarth
      Spec 2+ clutch
      Working on new divided turbo setup
      Homebrew fmic w/ corsa forza hoses
      Stock Downpipe with cat and 2.25discharge
      Coils
      Homemade cowl intake
      ECB yellows/stop tech fluid
      Koni/vogtland
      Braces and strut mounts
      Corsa forza vento
      E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned
      cowl intake, custom fmic and bypass valve, vogtlands, rear vette bilstiens, long 3 inch downpipe to stock rear section.

Comment