Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

My Build

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ruckus
    • Jan 2017

Congrats w/ the NGEN FMIC install......we all need a new bumper design to expose all that massive air cooling area of the FMIC..

How'd you like those San Remo..... are they really much lighter than stock 17's?
    “The Italians got this one right”………

Comment

• Ron
      • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Ruckus
      ...we all need a new bumper design to expose all that massive air cooling area of the FMIC..
      I had a thought to spray paint a red scorpion on it; I used the scorpion on the OEM filter/engine cover as a pattern for a stencil (the size is about right), but didn't pull the trigger.

Originally posted by Ruckus
      How'd you like those San Remo..... are they really much lighter than stock 17's?
      I'm not hardcore enough to worry about weighing wheels, they seem to be a little easier to heft into position, though. I got them for looks; my stock wheels have suffered some curb rash from a previous owner, and the lug bolts are rusty, so I needed some help. I mounted them with black splined tuner bolts, used the center caps plain black, and I like the look. They're a +30 offset and that extra 1/4" looks good, too; it has me considering some 5mm spacers.
      2012 Abarth
      4C coils - EC V4.1 intake & Pedal Pro - CHQ FMIC - Forge BOV - Bonalume shifter - Eibach Pro-Kit springs - Konis front & back
      Turbosmart WGA - CFP vertical braces & strut tops - Neu-F rear stabilizer - Clutchmasters FX-250R - Zimmerman drilled rotors

Comment

• Ron
        • Aug 2018

Had a boost problem a while back, turned out to be the OEM solenoid for the dump valve. Replaced the GFB DV+ with a Forge recirculating valve.

Since then, I've added an upper chassis brace, and I swapped the OEM WGA for one from Turbosmart (mostly because the stock WGA looked bad). And I've been doing neo-chrome fender washers under the hood for appearance, I've got some burnt Ti cap screws coming for places where the fender washers aren't appropriate.

I've been looking for a hood louver that I wanted, and I've got a custom coming from Race Louvers. After it gets here, the car goes to the body shop to get the side skirts on properly and the louver installed. My nerves aren't up to body work, so it goes to a professional.
        2012 Abarth
        4C coils - EC V4.1 intake & Pedal Pro - CHQ FMIC - Forge BOV - Bonalume shifter - Eibach Pro-Kit springs - Konis front & back
        Turbosmart WGA - CFP vertical braces & strut tops - Neu-F rear stabilizer - Clutchmasters FX-250R - Zimmerman drilled rotors

Comment

• sportfan
          Lifetime Member
          • Nov 2015

Ron, you are only as old as you feel like you are. I've got a 2013 Sport with about $9k in mods and I'm not done yet. When I go Twisted Sisters (third time this year ), I drive it like I stole it. I've done the Dragon once but, prefer the Sisters. I do all the work on the car myself ( except EC dynoed it ) and built many of my own parts. I'm 65 except when I tighten that 5 point harness and head out in the Texas foothills ,then I'm 18 again. The car is a time machine.

Comment

• Ron
            • Aug 2018

Finally got a hood louver installed. Since I've got the EC 4.1 intake I can't run a water tray on the driver side, so I only installed the passenger side. The louver is a custom from Race Louvers. I'm using half of an ACS water tray.

I didn't have the nerve to cut the hood, I let a body shop do that; and while it was there I had them re-attach the side skirts. They weren't separating badly, but they weren't right.

Installed a CF splitter extension (Feroce) and a CF diffuser (also Feroce).

Added a front upper chassis brace from Speedmotive, and I've putting on some decorative bolts under the hood. Neo-chrome billet washers and true burned titanium bolts (Z-Spec designs and Dress Up Bolts, respectively).

I've got a machine shop working on some tow hook mounts, and some parts to build a rear upper brace that uses the lower rear seat mount points. I want to keep the back seat, and I just couldn't find a lower brace. Then if I can find an Abarth windshield banner that I like, I'll get to finish up my list of stuff I wanted to do.
            Attached Files
            2012 Abarth

Comment