500 Madness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking at a used 2016 fiat 500X

Thanks
    I am a bit sad, I went to the dealer today and someone bought it right before I could finish the sales process. I wasn't able finish the Numbers, I missed out on the Test drive. I was a bit pissed because I was looking to drive 80 miles and 1 1/2 hours each way just to buy this car, and someone bought it right under me. but I asked them to find me something similar but they didnt get back to me. THey talked to me like " if you really wanted the car you should have came earlier, I replied "I was busy with working this week this was the first chance I could come with in the hours of you guys being open" if you wanted to stay open really late for me I would have" I just didnt like that said that to me'
    I would have said if I was the store " oh I am sorry someone beat you to the punch, is there a car we can sale you or get you? Because I would love to do business with you today or soon. maybe we can workout a deal on a new car, or a New car on a dealer trade." when I bought my first Fiat I visited the store like 3 times before I signed on. Sometime people are ready but dont have the downpayment avaibile or maybe they do but not sure if they feel comfortable with doing it.Then I went to the Infiniti Dealer they gave me a terrible offer on the Trade. But then after I didnt take his offer talked to me like he I was bothering him. anyway that's off my chest, had a dispointing day car shopping.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,642 Times in 3,309 Posts
    Sorry to hear. Dealers and salespeople are hit or miss. We've been shopping for a Subaru for my son the past few weeks and most of the salespeople were disinterested. We've got the number 1 Subaru dealer in the country for service near us and we went there to check out a car. They took the info down but never followed up with us. The annoying thing was 20 years ago we went there to buy a WRX, had the appointment with the salesperson, had a check and he skipped out on the appointment. Twenty years later, it may have been the same guy! Jerk. We went to an Audi dealer and bought an Audi.

Keep looking. We turned our car in and it may still be available. Last we heard it was in Pennsylvania. Hang in there.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neubauerjoseph View Post
    I am a bit sad, I went to the dealer today and someone bought it right before I could finish the sales process. I wasn't able finish the Numbers, I missed out on the Test drive. I was a bit pissed because I was looking to drive 80 miles and 1 1/2 hours each way just to buy this car, and someone bought it right under me. but I asked them to find me something similar but they didnt get back to me. THey talked to me like " if you really wanted the car you should have came earlier, I replied "I was busy with working this week this was the first chance I could come with in the hours of you guys being open" if you wanted to stay open really late for me I would have" I just didnt like that said that to me'
    I would have said if I was the store " oh I am sorry someone beat you to the punch, is there a car we can sale you or get you? Because I would love to do business with you today or soon. maybe we can workout a deal on a new car, or a New car on a dealer trade." when I bought my first Fiat I visited the store like 3 times before I signed on. Sometime people are ready but dont have the downpayment avaibile or maybe they do but not sure if they feel comfortable with doing it.Then I went to the Infiniti Dealer they gave me a terrible offer on the Trade. But then after I didnt take his offer talked to me like he I was bothering him. anyway that's off my chest, had a dispointing day car shopping.
    Wait till towards the end of the month when they will have the phone ringing off the hook. Then you can even it up. It will happen.
    2017 Abarth (Celeste Blu)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH Federal 595 SS 215/40/17 TIRES
    Neuf Lowering Springs
    Koshi- Front and Rear Carbon Fibre Spoiler Extensions
    Feroce - Carbon Fibre Front and Rear Duct Trim
    Feroce- Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser
    Prosport Boost Guage
    Tint Guy- Dark Tinted Windows
    Rear Seat Delete

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Southernroadrunner For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (10-07-2018)

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    The phone will ring Boss you can bet on it
    2017 Abarth (Celeste Blu)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH Federal 595 SS 215/40/17 TIRES
    Neuf Lowering Springs
    Koshi- Front and Rear Carbon Fibre Spoiler Extensions
    Feroce - Carbon Fibre Front and Rear Duct Trim
    Feroce- Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser
    Prosport Boost Guage
    Tint Guy- Dark Tinted Windows
    Rear Seat Delete

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Southernroadrunner For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (10-07-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,642 Times in 3,309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southernroadrunner View Post
    The phone will ring Boss you can bet on it
    Yeah, no doubt!

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neubauerjoseph View Post
    Then I went to the Infiniti Dealer they gave me a terrible offer on the Trade. But then after I didnt take his offer talked to me like he I was bothering him. anyway that's off my chest, had a dispointing day car shopping.
    Not the first time, not the last time.
    I feel your pain missing on good deal, but another one will come.
    I have been there, I have done it, too. Some dealers are just... you know what.

My approach is to research a car, find what I like about it and what I do not. Then look for the deal and be ready to get it. Ready means after researching know how much I would pay and how far I would drive.
    Have "ready loan check" or whatever it is called and call the dealer. Discuss everything over the phone, show them interest. Especially if the car was sitting there for a while...
    2016 KIA Forte5 SX 1.6 T-GDI, A/T (me)
    2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD with Roof and Beats, in Yellow... bumble bee (wife)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PLP For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (10-08-2018)

Thanks
    This time of year I’d be looking at new. I. Bought mine around this week of 2016. The discounts were deep, they beat everyone on my trade, then I walked away till they met my numbers. I got out at $3000 trade in and pay $217 a month on a new (at the time) car.
    16 500X Pop, Rosso Passione, M6
    13 500 Abarth, Bianco Gellato, 17" M5, Wife's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2