Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Picked up about 45 hp and 65 ft lbs of torque

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • commonsense
    • Jul 2013

Picked up about 45 hp and 65 ft lbs of torque

2013 Abarth. Stock except for K and N Cold Air Kit, Magnaflow exhaust and Maxpower piggyback ecu. Still has stock catalyst. Dynojet dyno. 173 hp and 200 ft lbs of torque at the wheels. Should be making about 205 hp and 235 ft lbs at the crank. This is figuring the usual 15% losses from wheels to crank (the tuner says this is close). Thrilled with the little monster. It goes like stink. It's making max torque at only around 3300 rpm. It's too 'fat' (rich) on top. I think there's another 10 or 20 hp, at least, if it wasn't so rich. But, overall, very satisfied. By the way, there was no way to feed the side mounted intercoolers air, during the run. I'm sure on the highway it will make even more power.

Anyway, the car is FAST. On the way home, I raced a guy in a built BRZ and he was shocked I was pulling him in 4th gear. After reading the dyno chart, I'm short shifting at 5500 to keep it in the meat of the power band.

My dyno results match very closely to what 500 Madness shows on the dyno plots (for the Max Power module) on their site. So far, I have been nothing but pleased with them and their products.

Followup. Eric, at 500 Madness, told me that the tunes go very rich at 5000 RPM to protect the motor. They also roll back boost at 5500 RPM. You can see both dips on the dyno chart. So, there's more power there, with further tuning, but I'm content with it the way it is. Have you ever seen a dyno chart that pretty much starts at its highest and then tapers with RPM? I haven't. On the site, they say "we do not chase top horsepower numbers that look good on a dyno, but rarely provide smooth and useable power delivery in the normal range that you would use a car. While the gains we provide with this product are fantastic, they are also safe" That's what I got. Highly recommended. abarthdyno.jpg
  • majora96
    • Aug 2017

I love the Maxpower. Have you had any issues at all with it detuning itself and having to reset the ECU? I have a hard time telling for sure but it seems like sometimes it doesn't feel as powerful.
    Last edited by majora96; 09-29-2018, 09:23 PM.
    2017 Fiat 500 Abarth
    Tork Tuned on E85
    Tork Multiair Springs
    ATM Holey Cowl Intake
    Madness FMIC
    Madness Lusso Exhaust
    Alfa Romeo 4C Coils
    Madness 28mm Rear Torsion Bar
    Forge Blow Off Valve (Recirculating)
    Cravenspeed Short Shifter
    Sila Concepts Thermal Blanket
    Turbosmart WGA
    ATP Catted Downpipe
    Powerflex Insert
    Rear Seat Delete

Comment

• pvflyer
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by majora96
      I love the Maxpower. Have you had any issues at all with it detuning itself and having to reset the ECU? I have a hard time telling for sure but it seems like sometimes it doesn't feel as powerful.
      I experince that in very hot days with low humidity. However after installing a after market FMIC corsa forza - car feels stronger even on hot days.

Overall I am happy with my MAXPOWER its been on my car for over a year now, no prob. And if I need any help or have a problem with my car 500Madness crew is always there to help me out .
      Attached Files
      Last edited by pvflyer; 09-30-2018, 03:01 AM.
      "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

What's a Abarth?...... Glad you ask! Abarth is a small demon that will possess your soul and inspire you to get steezy at every opportunity.

della folgore l'impeto

panem et circenses. Latin, literally "bread and circuses," supposedly coined by Juvenal and describing the cynical formula of the Roman emperors for keeping the masses content with ample food and entertainment.

Comment

• commonsense
        • Jul 2013

I did initially get the bluetooth version and the connection was not reliable. So, I returned it and they sent the permanently on Maxpower--and refunded the difference. I've had no problems so far. It feels strong all the time. I think that with the 'Sport' button off, it's at least as strong as it was 'stock' with the sport button on. And this is a great setting as I like the more relaxed steering, and 'lazy' throttle response. If I'm driving fast, or see another car I'd like to 'play' with, I turn the 'sport' button on.

You will feel less power when the inlet air temps are higher. I have an 'Ultragauge' which gives me information on exact water temp, air inlet temp, timing advance, boost, and air/fuel ratio (in Lambda). On a really hot day, air inlet temps can be over 130 degrees. This will mean less power. I'd like to get another hood, and add an air scoop, to cool the under hood temps. Anyone know where I can get a white hood for a reasonable price?

Comment

• majora96
          • Aug 2017

The Madness thermal blanket might be a good option for cooling the under hood temps. I haven't purchased it yet though.
          2017 Fiat 500 Abarth
          Tork Tuned on E85
          Tork Multiair Springs
          ATM Holey Cowl Intake
          Madness FMIC
          Madness Lusso Exhaust
          Alfa Romeo 4C Coils
          Madness 28mm Rear Torsion Bar
          Forge Blow Off Valve (Recirculating)
          Cravenspeed Short Shifter
          Sila Concepts Thermal Blanket
          Turbosmart WGA
          ATP Catted Downpipe
          Powerflex Insert
          Rear Seat Delete

Comment

• pvflyer
            • Sep 2016

Originally posted by commonsense
            Anyone know where I can get a white hood for a reasonable price?
            eBay have some primed hoods for around 300 bucks or
            u can try a local junk yard...

"My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

What's a Abarth?...... Glad you ask! Abarth is a small demon that will possess your soul and inspire you to get steezy at every opportunity.

della folgore l'impeto

panem et circenses. Latin, literally "bread and circuses," supposedly coined by Juvenal and describing the cynical formula of the Roman emperors for keeping the masses content with ample food and entertainment.

Comment

• commonsense
              • Jul 2013

I have added the Neu-F torque arm insert and it's a nice improvement. Aside for a little bit of vibration, just off idle, you can't tell it's there. But the drivetrain seems tighter. Nice upgrade for $40. Maxpower is still running perfectly. Best thing I did to the car.

Comment

• Redline5th
                • May 2019

I'm very interested to see how everyone is running with the MaxPower ECU, I have it on my dart currently along side a TMC Powergate tune, MaxFire coils, MPX underdrive pulley, intake, tubes, yadda yadda. I did a big turbo swap and I'm running 259 to the front wheels. Frankly, it's more than my transmission wants to handle so I'm picking up and abarth tomorrow and taking everything off the dart and transplanting it to the Abarth.

Comment

• venom
                  • Apr 2019

Can’t wait to see how your new Abarth turns out...Sounds like you are going to have the mods right from the get go...Too bad they never made a new GLH Dart!
                  I’m not a Mopar guy...I’m a FCA guy...I’m so happy Fiat took Chrysler under its wing! With that said I have a good collection of FCA cars.

2013 500 Abarth
                  2013 Viper GTS
                  2016 Challenger 392 Scat Pack
                  2005 Willys Edition Jeep TJ
                  2005 Chrysler 300 SRT w/426 Hemi
                  2012 Chrysler 300 SRT 6.4L
                  2019 Ram Rebel
                  2019 Jeep Cherokee Summit

****Looking to add another Abarth...Need a track day car I can strip down and go to VIR regularly****

Comment

• Ando
                    Enthusiastically Slow
                    Lifetime Member
                    • Nov 2016

This confirms how I feel about my Maxpower. Hits really hard down low, but zero point to holding gears past 5500 other than to make noise.

Originally posted by majora96
                    Throw the bypass plug in. Should be a noticeable difference.

OT: Does anyone know the preferred way to reset the ECU while using Maxpower? I think the ECU learns over the first 80-100 miles or something like that. Most sources say, go on a fun drive and drive the snot out of it. If you doddle around on your daily commute or around town the ECU "learns" to be lazy. Can anyone fact check any of that nonsense?! =P

Comment

• Ando
                      Enthusiastically Slow
                      Lifetime Member
                      • Nov 2016

Welcome to the forum Redline5th. Post some pics of your Dart if you have em handy, sounds like an awesome build.

Is the C510 trans that much stronger than the one in the Dart?

Comment

• texanbrit
                        Lifetime Member
                        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Ando
                        Welcome to the forum Redline5th. Post some pics of your Dart if you have em handy, sounds like an awesome build.

Is the C510 trans that much stronger than the one in the Dart?
                        I looked again last night, this is something I did a lot of research on the last time my C510 melted. Based on the pure specs from FPT Powertrain Technology (who make both boxes) the C635 can handle about 30% more input torque than the C510. So I assume the reason Fiat put the GM Manufactured M32 in the Assetto Corse cars is purely for physical size, although both boxes are about 20lbs heavier than the C510. Although that's a different conclusion than I came to a couple of years ago (also from FPT data).
                        2013 500c Abarth - Isabella (race car)
                        2013 500 Abarth - Igor (Project Daily)
                        2012 500 Pop - Popabella (engine rebuild ongoing)
                        2014 500L - The Hulk (falling apart)

Comment

• Redline5th
                          • May 2019

There they both are. The dart keeps the big turbo, and the TMC tune... and injectors... and FMIC. I'm hoping to keep that somewhere around 200-215 hp after I pull the handfull of stuff off that will easily swap. I don't want to pull the turbo, becuase I'd have to revert to stock tuning. I don't have have my OE map anymore so that would be a huge pain in the ass. I went with a big wheel/stock housing on that and I'd like to go with something different in the Abarth anyway. Maybe td04... not sure yet. The transmission itself is robust enough to hold another 30-40 hp and torque, but the clutch is not. Not even a little bit. It already like life quite a bit better with just the MaxPOwer off. Sorry I don't have quality engine bay pictures as of now... car season starts soon, i'll be snapping more shorty.
                          Attached Files

Comment