500 Madness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 500e Noob

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500USA View Post
    Welcome and congratulations on your 500e. I also have a GTV6 and we just picked up a Stelvio. My GTV6 is an early 82 with the 81 gear ratios. Had it for 30++ years but never got around to doing a 3L swap though. We definitely want to see your cars!
    Hey Boss we need to see some pics of your new Alpha. Think we need to see it.
    2017 Abarth (Celeste Blu)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH Federal 595 SS 215/40/17 TIRES
    Neuf Lowering Springs
    Koshi- Front and Rear Carbon Fibre Spoiler Extensions
    Feroce - Carbon Fibre Front and Rear Duct Trim
    Feroce- Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser
    Prosport Boost Guage
    Tint Guy- Dark Tinted Windows
    Rear Seat Delete

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Southernroadrunner For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (09-21-2018)

Thanks
    So far I have to say... This car is a lot of fun! I'm looking at Level 2 chargers now, will probably install one.

500e-1.jpg500e-2.jpg

Thanks
    Congrats to all the new EV drivers. As a former owner of one, I can recommend a few tips:

1. Download to your smartphones apps such as ChargePoint or PlugShare. They help with the anxiety of driving around town and having to hunt out a charging station.

2. Get to know your local FIAT dealer and make sure that they have a technician who is trained to and can service the vehicle. I've heard several cautionary tales on this forum of owners that are outside of the west coast who have run into this issue.

Safe driving and enjoy!
    2017 FIAT Abarth Nero Puro | 16" OEM wheels | Koni yellow rear shocks | Neu-F springs | 500 Madness GoPedal Bluetooth

Thanks
    There are a couple 500e's in this area apparently, and Heritage Fiat in Owings Mills MD is supposed to be capable of servicing them. Based on past experience with Heritage's dealerships, I'm hoping for the best, but I completely expect the worst. And based on my experience just trying to get a hold of a service adviser to schedule an appointment for the two recalls, I already have a bad feeling about it. �� However I did leave a voicemail message asking that they verify they have actually ordered the rubber plugs that are required to perform the battery degas vent service, and amazingly I did get a call back confirming the parts would be there. Next closest dealer is 30 miles away.

Thanks
    So the appointment at Heritage Fiat went better then expected - in no small part due to an excellent service writer!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chord View Post
    So the appointment at Heritage Fiat went better then expected - in no small part due to an excellent service writer!
    Good to hear. I had a similarly surprisingly good experience with the dealer here in Phoenix for the battery vent recall.

Thanks
    I took the 500e to Cars & Coffee this morning. I opened the "fuel door" and the hood, and watched as people did a double-take on seeing the electric connector. Car had a pretty good amount of attention and a lot of thumbs up and questions asked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2