500 Madness

Thread: Greetings from SoCal - 2018 500 Abarth

Thanks

Greetings from SoCal - 2018 500 Abarth

Greetings all! One of my favorite things is joining a new car forum and as the proud owner of a 2018 Granito gray MT 500 Abarth, I am so excited to jump into a new car, a new community and a new passtime!

I'll post some more pics later but I wanted to go over a few interesting things I've learned in the meantime.

1. Took me an hour to figure out how to change the info in the digital dash. It was stuck on the tire psi screen and no amount of YouTube videos revealed that it's the little button on the end of the wiper stalk. Maybe it's in the manual but I didn't find it.

2. My UConnect does not have XM Sirius....boo. Didn't know this was an optional feature.

3. The rear hatch has more of a gap on the right side than the left. Making an appointment to get this fixed this week. This was the only Abarth at the dealership and I didn't want to keep looking.

4. Brake pedal is wobbly, I can rock it if I press hard with my hand. Noticed this when I got her home, will have them fix it at the same time as the hatch.

Other than the above the car is pure joy. I love it.

Not going to mod her other than a tune, but I'm noticing there don't appear to be any chips for the 2018 models yet. Do you guys know if there is anything available?

Thrilled to join you all and look forward to driving this little beast.

Cheers from So Cal!

Alex

IMG_20180903_192044.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CaliAbarth For This Useful Post:

LA2019 (09-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you here!

The 18s are brand new, so I'm guessing no one has updated their chip advertising...odds are the previous chips will work (since it's the same engine), but I don't work for FIAT so can't say for certain.

The owner's manual probably mentions how to scroll thru the screens, but yeah, it should be intuitive and easy to figure out, glad you found on.
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 61K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Nixon For This Useful Post:

CaliAbarth (09-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks Robert! I spoke to Eric at Madness and their tuning hardware does indeed support the 2018's.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CaliAbarth For This Useful Post:

Robert Nixon (09-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Hey no problem, once in a while I make a good guess!
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 61K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Nixon For This Useful Post:

CaliAbarth (09-11-2018)

Thanks
    Congrats on your new ride. I think the color is awesome, but I'm partially biased. If you are planning to do a tune for the car, you might want to update a few supporting parts to help with the increase in power. You can check out some of the other builds the guys and gals are doing in the community. You should check out So Cal Abarth club and/or join Fiat Club America to see what some of the other Abarth-istas are doing out there. Italian cars are kinda of quirky, you'll get used to it soon enough. Welcome to the forums!
    2013 500 Turbo
    CHQ v2 FMIC | SILA Concept Short Ram | BMC air filter | custom exhaust | Abarth rear diffuser | RRM chassis braces | H&R sport springs | STS Rear Sway Bar |Energy Suspension bump stops and Isolators | GFB DV+ | Forge WGA | Craven Speed Shift knob | MPx stubby antenna | Fumoto drain valve | EC boost leak fix | Nue-F Torque Arm Insert | R3T Engine Cover | Federal 595-SS 195/45/16 | Custom trunk handle
    "Some say he thought Star Wars was a documentary..."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pizzamann95 For This Useful Post:

CaliAbarth (09-11-2018)

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Congrats on the car purchase and contacting our vendors on performance for 2018 models is the right way to go.
    2017 Abarth (Celeste Blu)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH Federal 595 SS 215/40/17 TIRES
    Neuf Lowering Springs
    Koshi- Front and Rear Carbon Fibre Spoiler Extensions
    Feroce - Carbon Fibre Front and Rear Duct Trim
    Feroce- Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser
    Prosport Boost Guage
    Tint Guy- Dark Tinted Windows
    Rear Seat Delete

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Southernroadrunner For This Useful Post:

CaliAbarth (09-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 2,037 Posts
    Great color!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride.