500 Madness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2018 Blue Denim Trekking...

Thanks
    Well I don't seem to have the same issue, nor does my girlfriend. In my 370Z, I have a nice large tach front and center.

Anyway, the new parts will be here Friday.
    2018 Blue Denim 500L Trekking
    Euro+Drive Pedal Pro
    Eurocompulsion Air Induction System

2013 Grigio Abarth (SOLD)
    Eurocompulsion/HPSI Euro+Drive
    Eurocompulsion R3T V4
    Neu-F Lowering Springs
    Neu-F Torque Mount Bushing
    NORCAL SS Polyurethane Bumpstops
    Go Fast Bits DV+ Performance Diverter
    RRM Catted Down Pipe
    MPx Axle Back Exhaust

Thanks
    Hey Chops, congrats on the '18 500L- I think you might be the first on this forum who has taken delivery of one. Personally I think the 2018 is a huge improvement over the 14-17 generation, both inside and out. I really like it (even the rear end, LOL). I believe for those who have difficulty reading the speedometer, you can set the center display to read out your speed in digital format. At least our 500X allows you to do that.

Great color combo. If I were in the market (my wife tells me I'm not, at least for the time being), I'd be tempted to pop for the light grey interior, though I'd be concerned about it staining and/or discoloring quickly. But yeah, the leather gives it a wholly different and more upscale ambiance to the interior. The seats struck me as quite comfy the two times I test drove one. Great car- hope you can keep us posted as you accrue miles.

BTW, US News, while predictably maligning the car in general, notes that JD Powers gives the 500L an above average reliability rating of 3.5 stars out of 5. No commentary beyond that- of course they made a career out of reporting below average reliability ratings when the car was new to the market, with plenty of accompanying colorful commentary. Fiat has never gotten a fair shake by the the auto press in this country.
    Last edited by ronbo10; 09-05-2018 at 05:12 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ronbo10 For This Useful Post:

Chops (09-05-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo10 View Post
    Hey Chops, congrats on the '18 500L- I think you might be the first on this forum who has taken delivery of one. Personally I think the 2018 is a huge improvement over the 14-17 generation, both inside and out. I really like it (even the rear end, LOL). I believe for those who have difficulty reading the speedometer, you can set the center display to read out your speed in digital format. At least our 500X allows you to do that.

Great color combo. If I were in the market (my wife tells me I'm not, at least for the time being), I'd be tempted to pop for the light grey interior, though I'd be concerned about it staining and/or discoloring quickly. But yeah, the leather gives it a wholly different and more upscale ambiance to the interior. The seats struck me as quite comfy the two times I test drove one. Great car- hope you can keep us posted as you accrue miles.

BTW, US News, while predictably maligning the car in general, notes that JD Powers gives the 500L an above average reliability rating of 3.5 stars out of 5. No commentary beyond that- of course they made a career out of reporting below average reliability ratings when the car was new to the market, with plenty of accompanying colorful commentary. Fiat has never gotten a fair shake by the the auto press in this country.
    The L allows that as well...you just lose the other info unless you want to scroll all the way through each time.
    Current vehicles:
    [COLOR=#000000][/COLOR]2017 FIAT 500L Lounge
    2013 Volvo C70 [COLOR=#0000cd]Caspian Blue
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Previous Fiats: 2015 500L Lounge; 1979 Strada[/COLOR]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo10 View Post

Thanks for the complements!

Sitting in this 500L feels more like sitting in a decent-ish luxury car with the leather seats and that really nice leather wrapped steering wheel, which I might add looks a heck of a lot better than the older steering wheel. It rides like a car as well, not at all loud, harsh and bouncy like the Pop was.

Everyone comments on the color combo, and I agree. It's a great color combo. I just love that non-metallic blue. And I'm not one for pin stripes (I always peel them off as soon as I get the car home), but it doesn't look half bad on the 500L. With this car, it actually accentuates the style of the body. I never thought I'd ever say that about pin stripes.

Fiat always getting bad reviews is just exactly like Hyundai and Kia. To this day, those two brands still catch crap even though they are about the best bang for the buck out there these days with one of the highest reliability records going. Some people just refuse change and apparently refuse the facts. But hey, I don't base my judgement on others reviews, at least within reason. Common sense goes a long way, something a lot of people (reviewers) lack these days.

Even though these Fiat forums have little action on them, I'll still keep updating my thread on this little 500L. We plan on doing lots more with it in the future.
    Euro+Drive Pedal Pro

Eurocompulsion R3T V4
    Neu-F Lowering Springs
    RRM Catted Down Pipe
    MPx Axle Back Exhaust

Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts
    Beautiful color combo.
    http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy. - James May

Vivere | Amare | Guidare is the name of the game. Read About The Legend Or Be About The Legend. - ARJR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Amacento For This Useful Post:

Chops (09-06-2018)

Thanks
    Received and installed (temporarily) the Euro+Drive Pedal Pro. A very welcomed addition! Tomorrow will include the permanent install as well as installing the intake.

Euro+Drive Pedal Pro

Eurocompulsion R3T V4
    Neu-F Lowering Springs
    RRM Catted Down Pipe
    MPx Axle Back Exhaust

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chops For This Useful Post:

Amacento (09-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Received and installed (temporarily) the Euro+Drive Pedal Pro. A very welcomed addition! Tomorrow will include the permanent install as well as installing the intake.

Ultimate sleeper in the making. Yes. And. Please.
    http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy. - James May

Vivere | Amare | Guidare is the name of the game. Read About The Legend Or Be About The Legend. - ARJR

Thanks
    BTW, here's my exact view of the instrument cluster. Nothing in the way of the speedometer or tach...

Euro+Drive Pedal Pro

Eurocompulsion R3T V4
    Neu-F Lowering Springs
    RRM Catted Down Pipe
    MPx Axle Back Exhaust